“Good Salad, Burrito Not So Much”

Durango's Mexican Grill Hurricane
San Juan Cosala, Mexico
“Good Salad, Burrito Not So Much”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My friend liked his shredded beef salad, but I didn't like the flavor of my carnitas burrito. Maybe too many competing flavors. Maybe due to my poor choices. There were a lot of employees in the kitchen, but too few in the dining room. The floor was littered with spilled rice, the tables were sticky, the chairs were in disarray and the trash was full.

Visited April 2014

Lakewood, Colorado
“Good Fast Gringo Mexican Food”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

It's fast and good. They are in a new building which has outdoor sitting and a drive through if you want to take your meal home or to your motel.

Visited June 2013
“Go-to for great American-Mexican”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is the best restaurant of this type of American-Mexican food. My go-to is the salad with pinto beans, lime rice, shredded chicken with mild sauce but you seriously cannot go wrong. They even have a vegi option and add sauteed peppers and onions. Very nice facility and wonderful people who work there.

• Visited January 2014
St. George, Utah
“Beautiful restaurant, meh to the food”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Durango's has a brand new building, and I remarked how clean it was as we sat down with our food. The employees were happy and polite, which is always a positive.

Now, to the food:
Lots of options to choose from, which was good. Employees working with food were all gloved. Even better! However: Lots of cross-contamination of items, which wasn't so good. Pinto beans mixed in with the black beans, cheese scattered across almost everything... eh, whatever, other than the flour tortillas nothing was going to kill me.

I ordered an enchilada - which they placed on a small conveyor belt to melt the cheese. That, sadly, was as warm as my food ever got. When I sat down to eat, it was lukewarm (to be generous). The Spanish rice was dry, but when mixed with the black beans was palatable. I ordered the medium sauce; it was sweet but not spicy. (And I'm a wimp!)

All told, a good environment does not make up for poor food. I'll be hard-pressed to return.

• Visited October 2013
new york
“Nice place to eat...”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I was expecting a sit down and they serve you place and not a wait in line and order place. But I was pleasantly surprised at the freshness of the lettuce and everything was good. I had the Fajita grilled veggies salad. Hubby had a burrito/chicken and he liked it.

• Visited October 2013