“Best authentic Chinese food! Very fresh and no msg :)”

Hunan City Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 31 Restaurants in Hurricane
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Best authentic Chinese food! Very fresh and no msg :)”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We've been going to Hunan City on the regular for over 3yrs.
We love the food! So fresh with lots of vegetarian and meat options to choose from.
Richard is a fantastic chef.
Best restaurant in Hurricane, Utah by far!

• Visited May 2013

Grass Valley, California
“Looking for cheap food and great service?”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

My friend and I went looking for food pretty late at night after a long day hike at Zion and were very glad to find this place. The chow mien was amazing and there was so much food! We both ordered off the quick menu for one, menus which included an egg roll, soup, rice, chow mien and the main dish for all under $15. The only down side of the meal was that the beef I ordered (Mongolian beef) was on the cheap side but it's pretty much what I expected anyway. Otherwise everything tasted amazing! The service was there too with continual checkups and refills and quick food. I would recommend Hunan City to anyone traveling or living in the area.

• Visited March 2013
Hurricane, Utah, United States
“Great Chinese food!”
Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

Reviews look poor but the food is good. I'm a local transplant from the Bay Area. The general's chicken he dose with tofu for me. The shrimp ate massive on the fried shrimp plate. They put out a great meal and are very friendly. I've eaten there several times and the food after they remodeled a few years ago had been good.

Oregon City, Oregon, United States
“There has to be better in Hurricane, Ut”
Reviewed 27 September 2012 via mobile

We just got two cashew chicken combos to go and was thoroughly disappointed in them. The quantity was good and the main entree had plenty of veggies (maybe too much) but nothing on the whole plate (rice, noodles, and main entree) had any taste. The only good thing i can say is that the chicken was tender. I would definitely not recommend, at least this dish, to anyone.

1 Thank Karen B
Lehi, Utah
“Not bad for Chinese food in a little town in Utah.”
Reviewed 16 August 2012 via mobile

I picked up some to-go items in mid July and I was quickly greeted at the entrance by a very gorgeous waitress( not Asian) so I was a little worried about food authenticity. Then an Asian guy brought out my order (not worried about the food authenticity any more) and cashed me out.
On the way out the waitress smiled and thanked me for coming in.
Upon returning to my condo, my family opened the items of food and enjoyed some very tasty food. Not bad!