“Proper Chinese food and huge portions”

Hunan City Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 33 Restaurants in Hurricane
Cuisines: Chinese
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Proper Chinese food and huge portions”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We’re used to ordering three or four dishes for the two of us in the UK so were a bit taken aback when the server kindly explained we’d ordered enough food for 4-6 people ! We cut back and just shared two dishes which were quite enough for us.

The food was some of the best we’ve had since we visited China and certainly the best value Chinese food we’ve had in the US. Full marks for food and service.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank rojanich

Leeds, Utah, United States
“Sometimes it good food - sometimes not!”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I have been here several times and the service and food always varies. The amount of food is good and the prices are fair.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Shari D
“Best authentic Chinese food! Very fresh and no msg :)”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We've been going to Hunan City on the regular for over 3yrs.
We love the food! So fresh with lots of vegetarian and meat options to choose from.
Richard is a fantastic chef.
Best restaurant in Hurricane, Utah by far!

• Visited May 2013
Grass Valley, California
“Looking for cheap food and great service?”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

My friend and I went looking for food pretty late at night after a long day hike at Zion and were very glad to find this place. The chow mien was amazing and there was so much food! We both ordered off the quick menu for one, menus which included an egg roll, soup, rice, chow mien and the main dish for all under $15. The only down side of the meal was that the beef I ordered (Mongolian beef) was on the cheap side but it's pretty much what I expected anyway. Otherwise everything tasted amazing! The service was there too with continual checkups and refills and quick food. I would recommend Hunan City to anyone traveling or living in the area.

• Visited March 2013
Hurricane, Utah, United States
“Great Chinese food!”
Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

Reviews look poor but the food is good. I'm a local transplant from the Bay Area. The general's chicken he dose with tofu for me. The shrimp ate massive on the fried shrimp plate. They put out a great meal and are very friendly. I've eaten there several times and the food after they remodeled a few years ago had been good.