“Great Place to Kick Start You Fitness”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ivins
Movara Fitness Resort
American Fork, Utah, United States
“Great Place to Kick Start You Fitness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

They hikes are an awesome way to start your day and the lectures a workouts throughout the day really get you in tune with your body. The meals are amazingly good and healthy. We were never hungry yet we were living on 1,500 nutritious calories a day.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Steve N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Midway, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

If you are interested in being fit and healthy, this is the place!

The hikes are beautiful and challenging. The classes are amazing and difficult. The food, 1500 calories never tasted so good. The staff will become family, they are amazing, wonderful people.

A visit here is not a vacation. A visit here is challenging both physically and mentally. A visit to Fitness Ridge will change your life. It will give you confidence and show you what can be possible in your fitness and health.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Warren D
Panama City, Panama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My friend and I wanted to go to a health and fitness spa. After lots of research, we decided on Fitness Ridge. If only the actual facility had looked like the photos on their web site! We arrived after a seven hour drive from Prescott (proceeded, for me, by an all day flight from home to Prescott the day before). Visions of incredible scenic vistas, early morning hikes from the property and a week of getting in better health danced in our heads. When we finally arrived at Fitness Ridge, our hearts sank. First of all, the facility looked like a cross between an industrial complex and an Army Reserve center. It was right on the main road, bordered on two sides by access roads and the rear of the property was adjacent to the Dempsey Dumpsters and housing. Smack in the middle of a large, flat scrub brush area - beautiful mountain hikes were miles and miles away. Hence the large fleet of 15 seater vans in the parking lot. The reception area was small and dark. Our rooms were pitiful...dark brown carpet, gloomy interior and the stench of disinfectant was overpowering. But, we had an incredible view of the road. It is hard to describe how disappointed we were. Did I mention that there were NO grounds. The only place you could be outside was in the large pool (no chairs or recliners) or on the road or in the parking lot. I felt do mislead by the web site and the wonderful reviews of those who had been there. The only redeeming quality of Fitness Ridge is that when we left, just a short time after seeing the facility, the owner refunded our money.

Room Tip: If you go, realize that nothing looks like it does on their web site!
Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
13 Thank HolyCrossSanPedro
FitnessRidge, Owner at Movara Fitness Resort, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
First off, we appreciate all the reviews we receive from our guests, both positive and negative feedback help us grow as a company. Our highest objective is to provide outstanding customer service and a great wellness program. We feel it is unfortunate that you did not have the chance to participate in our program. We understand that people have different perspectives and with this in mind, we have done our best to market our facility as is and all website content is specific to our facility and surroundings.
We feel that we handled your situation as best as we could and wish you well.
UTAH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We arrived just before dinner on Sunday. We were weighed and measured and given our name badges, room key and schedule. We were shown where our rooms were and where dinner was and where to meet for the first night information lecture.

First of all...the food is AMAZING! Chef Sam and his kitchen and wait staff are all wonderful. We couldn't believe how much food we could eat for 1500 calories per day. We of course had some favorites, but all of the food was phenomenal. Bonus points for letting the guests know where they can buy whatever item it is that they enjoyed ie...what chocolate were the strawberries dipped in, Extra Dark Ghirardelli chocolate chips, or what brand of peanut butter do they use...Costco all Natural. There is also a cookbook for sale...actually 2 and you get the 3rd emailed to you. So happy to have the recipes. Chef also does an instruction class and we could ask all kinds of questions...which we did.

The lectures were incredible. Lots of great knowledge and ideas and information was shared. It changed the way I look at food and also at what I'm eating and why I'm eating it. I wrote tons of notes to try and remember what was being said that worked for me. What I loved most was the absolute honesty in a lot of the topics. Lots of laughs and some tears. I can honestly say each person that spoke to us had a different style but were passionate about their topic and it definitely translated in what they were sharing with us.

The exercise starts just after 6am. Depending on your fitness level, you are assigned into different hiking groups. There are several 2 hour hikes, 90 minute hikes and a 60 minute hike that you go on every day. You get to know people and get some great pictures with amazing scenery. It changes every day which is really nice.

Once you get back from the hike, it's time for breakfast and then one of the lectures followed by an exercise class. After that is lunch, another lecture followed by 2-3 more exercise classes. Lots of variety of exercises. You learn some new ones that you love and others that you wouldn't do again...but it's great to experience it! The exercise coaches are great. They learn your name really fast and they HONESTLY care about you. They want you to take the things home that you have learned and use them. All of them have different styles and they learn what motivates each person. Some people love to be yelled at...others encouraged...it blows my mind that they figure out who you are and do what's best for you.

I can honestly say this was the hardest thing I have ever done. It showed me how much I can really do. We were exhausted every night. Having other people there with the same goals helps to motivate you. I was actually surprised by how many people come back to get a push start back into the right direction. It's so motivational.

The rooms: There are laundry baskets for each guest and the laundry is $1 per load. Each person has a queen size bed and a full closet and dresser. You share a room or pay more not to. There are 2 sinks and vanities but 1 shared toilet and bath. There is cable tv and wifi. The pillows are pretty much just a slab pillow, I always bring my own so it didn't matter. There is a night stand you share but you have your own drawer in it. There is also a desk and chair so if you need to write etc it's there.

My only pet peeve is that I am a really light sleeper, and the a/c unit keeps turning on and off and kept waking me up.

We didn't use the spa but heard rave reviews about it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank IamKWgirl
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Fitness Ridge is life changing. The staff is fabulous. The hiking is like breath-taking, literally! The food is great. If you are looking tto drop a few pound, lose a lit of weight, or have a fabulous fitness vacation, this is the place. Thanks for a wonderful trip!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank coach53
Jackson, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stayed at this resort from June 8th-June 22nd. I had an AMAZING time at the resort! From day one, the staff always appeared welcoming and willing to answer any questions I may have about the program. The food was amazing and surprisingly very filling. The hikes were always challenging but beautiful, and I benefited most from that time spent walking around in silence which allowed me to let go of the stresses that waited for me back home. During my stay, my plantar fasciitis and a knee injury from a car accident limited my mobility, but the fitness instructors were more than willing to show me alternative exercises and by the end of my stay, they anticipated that I may have problems in the classes and had alternative moves for me before the classes even started. The lectures were amazing and awe-inspiring at times when you listen to all of the battles and struggles the lecturers went through to get to where they are now in life. I still review my lecture notes and reevaluate my fitness goals periodically based on what I learned in the class.
If I could make any recommendations it would be that you thoroughly protect your feet while hiking and don't worry about getting in bonus workouts during the weekend. RELAX!!! Get as much sleep as you possibly can. Don't skip meals because midway the week you will very likely experience complete exhaustion and that extra energy you'd get from your meals will benefit you when you're out on your long hikes. Take your snacks with you and please please try to stay hydrated! Water is your BESTEST friend for sure!! Also, you may want to bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper because the walls are a bit thin. You may also want to chip in with a group of residents and go to a movie during the weekend as there's not a lot of options at the facility on the weekend besides the trip to Zion.
Finally, do try to enjoy yourself and attend all of the classes. What got me through many of the classes was the support and encouragement from the other participants (Thanks Al!) There is no way I would have been able to lose 7.5 lbs, lose 7.5", have an 8.4% decrease in body fat (yes--in two weeks!!), and had my lean body mass increase from 110 lbs to 124lbs!! AMAZING!!!
Take it all in, do the work, and make the necessary changes to incorporate what you learned into your new and improved life, and don't look back!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Sherilyn C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I wasn't very happy about coming here but it took less than a couple of days for me to fall in love with this place.

The hikes are challenging and beautiful, the fitness program is designed to work for everybody and the spa is the perfect place to end the day.

The staff is just wonderful and caring. I still have 1 week left and I'm already planning my next visit here.

I would definitely recommend this to any and everybody wanting to lead a healthy lifestyle regardless of how much you weigh.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Sakshi K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ivins
Inn on the Cliff
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites St. George
Red Mountain Resort
Red Mountain Resort
#1 of 1 in Ivins

Been to Movara Fitness Resort? Share your experiences!