“Exactly What I Was Looking For!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Mountain Resort

Red Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ivins
Los Angeles, California
“Exactly What I Was Looking For!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012 via mobile

It was also my 50th birthday and I choose, after much research, Red Mountain Resort to start this year on a healthy foot. We were not disappointed. We had a beautiful 1100 sq. ft. villa that was very comfortable with a fully equipped kitchen and washer/dryer. We started each morning with a very healthy breakfast followed by amazing hikes, back for a yoga or stretch class then a quick shower and off for a healthy lunch. Afternoons were for relaxing with either an aquatic exercise class or another yoga or strength training class. We would pick up dinner each night and eat in our villa.
I read other reviews before booking. I had to laugh when I read from the gentleman who was disappointed the bar closed at 10pm. People this is not that kind of resort! They do have a very nice wine list though. I would bring a bunch of girl friends back to play. No reason you can't laugh out loud and have a good time. It is not a large resort. I believe the building we stayed in is only a year old.
Anyway, I am so happy to have experienced Red Mountain Resort and Spa. It was the perfect start to this great year.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Denise90212

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

Recently spent two nights at the Red Mountain Resort in Utah celebrating my 50th birthday along with 14 other women who were also turning 50 this year. We should never have stayed at Red Mountain because we were there to visit, laugh, drink wine and commune with each other. The Red Mountain Resort is a rustic spa retreat, first and foremost, and is meant to be a very quiet, meditative, peaceful (yawn) place. I wish that we had been more careful in our research of the resort and/or that the proprietors had warned us beforehand as we felt like fish out of water talking and laughing as we walked around the grounds, ate meals and gathered by the pool. We were NOT being obnoxious or out of control, it's just that the people who come here "vant to be alone" and in quiet meditation. The classes we took were pretty good (equivalent to any health club class you might take) and the spa was small i.e. women's area could hold only 5 people comfortably at one time but the massage was very nice. The sleeping accommodations were large and clean but we had many light bulbs out including in the toilet area. The food was varied but not very tasty especially breakfast. I think the Red Mountain Resort is a good place for romantic couples or solo travelers who are on a budget but not for groups or for those looking for a posh spa experience.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Claire K
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Dear Magnolia Girl,

First of all - Happy 50th Birthday, indeed a milestone. I'm glad to read that your group experienced so much during your stay at Red Mountain Resort. I apologize that we overlooked light bulbs in your room, as this is not our standard of care. I also apologize that you may have felt that your celebration was dampened. I hope you will reconsider another stay at Red Mountain Resort.

Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

This was my second trip to this resort. I was there with my sister, daughter, and neice. Loved the hiking, and classes. The food is very good. Great variety, attentive service. The rooms are clean and comfortable. All the desert flowers were in bloom and were beautiful, as were the grounds of the resort. I would love to go back, lots of area to explore yet. The spa treatments were lovely and relaxing. We also enjoyed meeting the other guests and comparing our experiences.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Barbara,

Indeed the desert is remarkable this year, with catcus in their full glory. I am happy that we were a restful getaway for your family, and I hope we will see you again in the future.

Roseville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

So many things made this the perfect place to get away, relax, and do some fun activities. The people were fantastic- all friendly and knowledgeable while also being quite professional. The activities they offer let you be as active as you want to be at whatever your skill level is (the daily hikes come in 3 levels). As a solo female traveler I always felt safe- in my room, on the hikes and activities, and walking around the property at night. The place is breathtakingly beautiful; I'd recommend the all day hike in Zion. The property is spotlessly clean, with gorgeous landscaping and modern buildings. The room was nice but not overdone; the bed very comfortable. Lots of people I spoke to were return guests. I will be one of them!

Room Tip: There's no bad room; even the rooms facing the resort interior have a waterfall nearby.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank nikki545
Dear Nikki,

Thank you for your kind words about Red Mountain Resort. We couldn't have said it better ourselves. We look forward to having you back for another rejuvenating getaway!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

This was my first visit to Red Mountain Resort, and I was a solo traveler. I used the all inclusive rate so that I would access to all activities and food. My visit lasted 4 days and was not nearly enough time- I will be back for at least a week! I stayed in a mountain view room- great view out the window, comfy and clean room, comfortable mattress. There are so many activities to choose from, and you can choose to participate in them or not. I loved the daily hikes (beginner level for me), Drums Alive (my favorite class), Zumba, Nordic Walking, hydro classes, stretch classes and the bike ride to Kayenta. I personally did not get a lot out of the MELT class, but many people enjoyed it. They give you a mini backpack and a water bottle when you check in to take with you on your hikes. Breakfast and lunch were buffet style and the food was pretty good- not gourmet but good with a large variety. Dinner was always quite good, with at least 6-8 entree selections each evening. You had access to drinks, ice, water, tea, coffee and fruit throughout the day, even when the kitchen was not serving. I received several spa treatments throughout my visit and they were very good. The spa setting is lovely and relaxing, and you can visit the waiting room and relax/read even if you don't have a spa treatment. The overall setting of the resort is beautiful- overlooking Snow Canyon with red mountains and volcanic rock everywhere. I chose to visit the resort by myself- sans husband- based on the reviews on TripAdvisor from solo travelers. I met many other solo women, or groups of sisters or girlfriends, and everyone was comfortable and accepting. I found this trip to be relaxing, yet I feel rejuvenated and it was exactly the break that I needed from my hectic life. I look forward to visiting again next spring!

Room Tip: Mountain view room had beautiful view and was quiet- I was on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Milaura S
Dear Milaura,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Red Mountain Resort. Indeed our daily hikes, fitness classes and community table make it very comfortable for the solo traveler. It's easy to meet new friends - while still maintaining the solitude that you may desire. We look forward to your return!

Seal Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Hiking in the snow canyon state park only a block away, sunrise and sunset over the red red red cliffs offset by black lava, the staff sincerely want to please you, by giving suggestions, leaving you alone, taking you to do things you thought you could not. We had a great couples massage, learned to mountain bike, scrambled up and harder down dry waterfalls, ate well and went home happy and feeling more together. Highly recommended

Room Tip: Ask for a view
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank sealbeachtraveler
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Red Mountain Resort was highly recommended to me and it did not disappoint. Whether you are travelling solo, reconnecting with old friends or travelling with your partner, this place is great. First rate customer service from the time you land at the airport in St. George to the time that you leave. From the daily hikes in the red rocks to a long list of fitness activities, there is something for everyone....and for quiet time, plenty of outdoor areas to relax and read a book or reflect. Spa treatments were fantastic. Meals are healthy with an excellent variety - breakfast and lunch buffet style; dinner is sit down ordering from the menu...try the duck - excellent! I would highly recommend to anyone needing to recharge their "batteries" or jump start their fitness program or just reconnect.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Dianne N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ivins
Inn on the Cliff
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites St. George
Hampton Inn St. George
Hampton Inn St. George
#7 of 41 in St. George

Been to Red Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!