“Our Second Visit Rivals Our First”

Red Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ivins
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Peace, joy, tranquillity, comfortable challenges, fresh air, delicious meals.... We stayed six nights in 2012 and four nights this month--I think five nights may be ideal. Next year we're planning to reserve a two-bedroom villa suite and include our son and daughter-in-law.

Try everything! The guided hikes are terrific! The fitness classes are wonderful! Don't miss Bud Howard's t'ai chi offerings--especially for his Native flute playing.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

Thank you so very much for your return visit to Red Mountain Resort. We are honored that you are planning a visit next year, and extending the experience and wellness to your family. Tracey

There are newer reviews for Red Mountain Resort

Reviewed 23 January 2013

My husband and i recently went to the Red Mountain Resort in Ivins Utah. Like most all of Utah, the location is spectacular and awe inspiring. Set against red rock mountains within an interesting geological area, the area has lots of outdoor activities such as biking, climbing, hiking and walking. It is really a "wellness" resort as it has a wonderful spa, lots of fitness, yoga and meditation classes, as well as offerring nutrition counseling. The guides and teachers were wonderful. We found the food to be excellent - fresh, and very well prepared. If you are looking for a peaceful wellness retreat, this is it! We were only there 3 nights, but felt it still gave us that restful feeling when we left.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the mountains
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clb1111111111111
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Dear Carlsbad,

Thank you for the very nice review of Red Mountain Resort. Thanks for mentioning your dining experience. We just changed our menu this week for dinner so that there are four new fresh entrees presented each evening. I hope you will return and let us know what you think.

Warm regards, Tracey Welsh

Reviewed 17 January 2013

This resort offers an exceptional experience. From the moment we were picked up from the airport, we felt welcomed into a friendly and relaxed getaway. We spent most of our time visiting the spa and enjoyed some of the events offered, such as meditation and the spiral walk. The concierge (Marcie) helped plan the best experience each day, and was always so friendly and accommodating. The food and dining experience provided many choices for vegetarians, and the villas are beautiful. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank DaydreamTraveler44
Reviewed 13 January 2013

This resort is a life experience. I left inspired, centered, and refreshed. Stop thinking about it and go book your trip.

ROOM/BATHROOM - We stayed in the Deer building. The bed was heavenly. It was great after a long day. The shower was separated from the sleeping quarters by a wall; the toliet was in a separate small room. There was a ton of counterspace in the bathroom, and the shower/tub combo was huge. I was a bit shocked that there was no real entrance to the room, though. You open the door and are two feet from the foot of the bed. That was unexpected, but we got used to it.

FITNESS - I was like a kid in a candy store with the variety of actvities. My favorite was the morning hiking. We participated in the mid-level hikes, and they were 2+ hours of challenging fun. It was a great start to the day. The guides were great and made sure that everyone had fun. The health seminars provided fresh information.

FOOD - Yum. Yum. Everything was amazing, and the ingredients were so fresh. We attended the cooking demonstration, and the chef prepared an edamame succotash and elk medallions with a red wine, dried cherry, and walnut sauce. They had several vegetarian and vegan options during the meals.

SPA - The steam room was a great start to our spa day. The massage at Red Mountain was, without a doubt, the best massage I've ever had. My aunt said that her massage was stellar also. The relaxation room overlooked a beautiful view of the landscape, grounds, and the red rocks.

OVERALL - I felt the energy of the other resort guests, but I never felt bombarded with people. There were lots of mom/daughter, couples, girlfriends, and solo travelers. If you are a solo traveler, and even if you aren't, they have a community table for meals. Normally a trainer, physician, or other resort staff would sit at the community table for some time and facilitate conversation. Everyone was so friendly, that I would return by myself and feel certain that I'd never be lonely!

I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Take_Me_There_Too
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Dear Take Me There,

Thank you for your review of Red Mountain Resort. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope that you will indeed return soon. We have some exciting new changes to our dinner menu happening next week, and are always adding new program. Tracey Welsh

Reviewed 12 January 2013

We recommend the dragonfly villas with their beautiful views of the red mountains and lava fields. The staff was wonderful and food delicious.

The spa services were above and beyond. The guides for morning hikes were incredibly fit and also encouraging (they were able to accomodate those guests who are in marathon- running shape as well as novice hikers)

In particular, we loved Cary and Steve (hiking guides) and Peggy and Crystal (massage therapists)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lava fields and red mountains.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank I love spas g
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear I love spas,

Thank your for writing about your experience at Red Mountain Resort. I hope that you have the opportunity to visit us in the future as we are always adding new adventures to our schedule.

Tracey Welsh

Reviewed 3 January 2013

I attended a group event at the Red Mountain Resort but will take advantage of every opportunity in the future to return. There is a large range of activities for both men and women and the area, with guided hikes available is incredibly beautiful. The landscape changes as the sun moves across the sky and the views in all directions are breathtaking. The spa offers a wide range of reasonably priced services with professional and friendly staff. All staff are highly professional, friendly, and helpful. My package included three meals a day at the Canyon Breeze, their on site restaurant, and each meal was exquisite. I will return as soon as I can.

Room Tip: They offer "mountain view" rooms as an option. I did not have one but you really don'...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Elizabeth H
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you so very much for your kind words. We do look forward to having you join us again!
Tracey Welsh

Reviewed 2 January 2013

I bought a deal on living social after hearing about this place from a colleague. I invited my sister to make it a New Year's sister get-a-way. I decided ahead of time to upgrade to a villa. The two queen villa was spacious with a beautiful bathroom with a stone and glass shower and separate whirlpool tub. The robes are gloriously fuzzy and warm and cozy. There was a beautiful fireplace and large flatscreen TV. You can rent DVDs from the guest registration area if you want a cozy night in with your favorite flick. Housekeeping could have been better as we ran out of toilet paper twice, had no coffee pot, and when we asked for a coffee pot the one brought was dirty with burnt coffe in the pot and a dirty coffee grain filter area. Other than that, the room was spotless and housekeeping even left wine glasses when they noticed we bought wine.

Now enough of that! The real star of the show at Red Mountain is the landscape and what lies within it. Whether you choose to do a guided hike, a morning meditation among the red rocks, horseback riding, or any other adventure... you are guaranteed to have an amazing experience and feel inspired. You might also feel darn proud of yourself! The guides have a way of adapting to your fitness level and makng you feel fulfilled and proud whether you are running an endurance trail or huffing and puffing up a petrified sand dune. I was inspired seeing a range of adrenaline junkies to very novice outdoor adventurers all sharing excitement and enthusiasm for the beauty and adventure and all being able to find something that fit their fitness level. The guides seem to magically show you things you thought you would never see and help you climb things you would think would take forever but still have you back by 11 am so you can make your spa treatment, yoga class or just dig in to lunch right away!

Finally, the food is fabulous!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Ronda S
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Hello Ronda S,
Thank you for your review of Red Mountain Resort, and I am glad to read that you had fun hiking and meeting other guests. I do apologize the for the housekeeping oversights, and we will reach out to you to discuss further.

Happy Healthy New Year! Tracey Welsh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ivins
Inn on the Cliff
#7 of 43 in St. George
Clarion Suites
Clarion Suites
#11 of 43 in St. George

Been to Red Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!