“Fun and Great Value”

Red Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ivins
Reviewed 21 April 2008

I did a lot of research on different destination spas before booking at Red Mountain. I finally decided to go to Red Mountain because the rooms are new and modern, it offered great hiking and lots of activities, and it was still much cheaper than other comparable spas. I was not disappointed.

I was able to get a new King Villa Suite with a bedroom, living room, kitchen, two balconies, two fireplaces, a large bathroom with separate tub and shower, and a second bathroom with shower. With all of that, I still paid several hundred dollars less than the small standard rooms at the other spas I considered.

Although the rooms are nice, Red Mountain does not attempt to be a 5 star resort. I would agree with some of the other reviewers who say it’s like a camp for adults. There is no turndown service, no room service, and none of the little extras of a 5 star resort. There was a robe in my room but no slippers. The room also had a coffee maker and coffee but no tea. Small things like the window shades could have been of better quality. The toiletries were nice but not the best. That being said, everything is new, modern, clean, and well-designed, and it offered excellent value for the price. Service is also very good.

The hikes, the food, the activities, and the spa treatments were all excellent. There were many returning guests, and everyone was very nice and friendly. It's a fun place with lots of things to do.

Some of the previous reviewers mentioned construction around the villas. That appears to be complete, and there was no construction while I was there.

I highly recommend Red Mountain. It is certainly worth the price.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,004)

Reviewed 16 April 2008

This is the best place to go in order to get away from it all. It was just an amazing place to be. This was the first trip that I took by mself, and to my surprise, there were many people who also traveled solo. They have a community dinner table if you don't want to eat by yourself. The morning hikes are the perfect way to start the day. There were many other activities that you could participate in if you choose or you could do nothing at all. I went horseback riding and kayaking (the first time for both). Those that are experienced may be a little bored by these activities, but they are perfect for the beginner. Many people are return visitors, and I'm certainly headed back.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 March 2008

This was the best vacation I have ever been on. I have never been so relaxed and at peace. I never wanted to leave!!! For my first vacation by myself, I have no doubt this was as best choice I could have made. I meet the most fabulous people from all over the US.
Hikes: Every morning at 7:45-back at 11:00 , group of 10 people, three different levels, level 2 is around 3-5miles, elevation gain of up to 850 feet. Everyday a different location, all of them beautiful scenery.

Spa: Best Spa services I have ever received.

Staff: ALL of them are happy and efficent and genuinely love their jobs.

Service: Outstanding! Kudos to the Mangement and staff in every department.

Exercise classes: Lots of variety, things to do all day long.

Gym: Well laid out with good variety of equipment.

Food: Delicous and healthy with calorie and portion sizes plainly visable for anyone looking to lose weight.

Helpful hints:
They have laundry and ice machine in every building.
They have two water bottles in your room that you can fill up in the restaurant with ice and water.
Make dinner resos and sit at the "community" table, this was the most fun!
Drag yourself out of bed EVERY morning to go on the hikes they were amazing.
Print daily shedule from their website before you go so you have a rough idea of the activities and extra services you might want.
Go by yourself or with your husband or girlfriend this is a great place with alot of variety of activites, no one can be bored there.
Go to " Meet the Mustangs", and hug a wild horse.
Relax unwind and never want to go back to work.

I read somewhere when I was there "The Red Rocks get into your soul". I am now a believer. I can't wait to go back.

The Canadian with the "cute"accent

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
3  Thank cutecanadianaccent
Reviewed 4 February 2008

This is my fifth visit to Red Mountain Spa and it amazes me that I could have a better time than the last time I visited!!! The staff can not do enough for you. As I have severe food allergies, the Chef, the kitchen staff and everyone else are just wonderful. I just can't say enough about all of the Red Mountain staff. I have been to almost every destination spa and I will return again and again to Red Mountain for both the facilities and mostly because of the staff. You get every ounce of your money's worth at this spa and then some :)

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank jodibeth
Reviewed 31 December 2007

This is one of the best vacations I have ever been on, and I went it alone. They offered so much for exercise for the people that never have exercised to the extremely athletic. I must admit I felt a little concerned at first when the word "spa" was in the title. I enjoy the spa, but really for me staying there was all about being outside in the beautiful surrounding desert. I love to recall riding bikes up mountains and giant rocks in the high desert and riding down screaming and laughing at the top of my lungs. I felt like a little kid again. It was so exciting, and so taxing on the body...it was wonderful and freeing. The yoga, the incredibly natural and healthy menu cooked better than anyone could possibly imagine, the red mountains that are meant to be climbed, biked and run upon. This was so wonderful, I plan on bringing my daughter here very soon.

It is memories of the Red Mountain Spa that get me through some very stressful days. I can just tune out, and I am there. It was definitely a gift that I will remember forever, and it was a gift to myself! :o)

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled solo
2  Thank Galileo321
Reviewed 30 December 2007

The centerpiece of a Red Mountain day is its fabulous hiking program. I am not one for group activities while I am on vacation, but I really enjoyed the group hikes --the guides were extremely knowledgeable and helpful, and the other guests were friendly and interesting. Also, at Red Mountain, you don't have to be an expert hiker, biker or yogi to enjoy the outdoor and exercise programs-- all levels of competence--or incompetence-- were welcome at the time of my visit. The rooms were quite comfortable; the bathtub fabulous. My only complaint, and shared by my daughters who I traveled with--was that there was no door to the tub/sink area. Therefore, tub privacy is a bit limited. If you go to a lot of high quality restaurants in a city like NY or SF, I wouldn't expect to be wowed by the food, but my daughters, each of whom has very different food tastes-- were pleased with the food selections; it's decent and lots of vegetarian, etc., options are available. And there's no lack of quantity. I didn't do any of the spa treatments, so can't comment on those. This is a spa where you can fill your day without getting a facial or massage and feel quite content. Finally, the scenery is simply spectacular.

• Stayed: December 2007
5  Thank NewYorkNYTraveler
Reviewed 27 December 2007

Enjoyed 3 nights at the Spa. The room was very nice, clean. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Went on a guided hike every morning in Snow Canyon which is within walking distance of the spa and very beautiful. Took several classes and really enjoyed the variety of teachers. Food was healthy and good. Only about 25 guests (mid-December) which added to the quiet and relaxing atmosphere. It was cold (40's); outside pool and tennis courts were closed. Spa treatments and excursions are extra. Wish they had bikes available for last minute rides (might have been able to rent them).

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with friends
3  Thank Pedro_SF
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ivins
Inn on the Cliff
The INN at St.George
#37 of 43 in St. George
7 mi away
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites St. George

Been to Red Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!