“Great time in the Red mountains”

Red Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ivins
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We went for my girlfriends 40 the and stayed in 2 bed Villa. Our room was 2260 with perfect view of pool and mountain backdrop. The food was excellent and the service was excellent. The hikes are fabulous esp. Full moon meditation hike. That was a don't miss. The only downfall that doesn't bring this to a 5 star is the spa. There wasn't a dry sauna or indoor jacuzzi, only a small steam room. Two of the ladies in our party requested a man as their massage therapist and received women, but the resort did immediately apologize and offer full refund for the mix up.
The experience was excellent and relaxing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

This is the first trip I've taken solo. I was looking for an adventure, and I found it! Great list of activities both at and away from the resort. Concierge staff were incredibly helpful and informed. The food was amazing AND healthy. I will visit again!! Great intro to solo adventures and Utah!

• Stayed: August 2013
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear MsYRaz,

We are delighted that you chose Red Mountain Resort for a solo adventure. We get many solo travelers and I believe that with our group hiking, fitness classes and community dining table there are lots of opportunities for mingling.

Tracey Welsh

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Red Mountain Resort was the perfect answer to my wanting to do the things I love, while my husband enjoyed his golf (there are several great golf courses in the St. George area). The quality of all the activities was excellent. I love to swim. They have great indoor and outdoor pools. I love yoga. The class instructor was knowledgeable and pleasant. My husband and I both took the evening walk with the professional photographer. I learned some great tips for my point and shoot camera. Other more savvy amateur photographers seemed to learn a lot as well and anecdotes from photographer's experiences were interesting. It was a beautiful evening. I went on a hike with the archaeologist. Boma Johnson was a wealth of knowledge. He uses a life time of experience and learning and provides you with great stories and a great appreciation of what and who have gone before, during, and might come after our life time.

Room Tip: We stayed in the rabbit section of guest rooms. It was very quiet. If you want convenience to the i...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank loesshawk

Dear Loesshawk,

So great to see a fellow Iowan here at Red Mountain Resort. I am glad that your husband enjoyed the great golf in our area, and that you had the chance to do so many of the activities that we offer. We hope we will see you again.

Tracey Welsh

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I took my Mom to Red Mountain as a surprise for her 60th birthday and it was amazing. The gounds are spectacular. The room was beautiful. The activities and exercise classes were a blast and the food was fantastic. I really can't say enough about this place. Here are some tips:

- Upgrade your room to a Villa if you can squeeze your budget. Many of the room complains I've seen in the reviews are for the standard room. The Villa room was beautiful--great view, two queen size beds, massive shower, gas fireplace....awesome.

- The Spa was soooooo relaxing. We had a massage every day (be sure to book EARLY!) and they were great. My favorite therapist was a gentleman by the name of Coden. Probably one of the best massages I've ever had. I'm pretty active and he really listened and adjusted to my needs infusing a bunch of sports massage techniques that were great.

- The food is delicious. Some reviews I've seen complains. We were there for 4 nights so the menu didn't get boring. They rotated items. The protein portions at dinner are small but the sides and the great salad bar ensure you leave full and satisfied. I think some of the reviews depend on your context...I mean if you are used to drinking Dom and eating caviar by the mouthful, then yeah, maybe you find the food a bit challenging but I loved it.

- You need to sign up for some of the classes in advance...make sure you so do including the morning hikes. The guides were knowledgeable and the views, having never travelled to Utah before, were unforgettable. Other classes I attended were fun, some more than others, but the instructors were really friendly and attentive.

Absolutely can't wait for my next visit to Red Mountain.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gregory A
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Gregory,
Thank you so very much for your kind review of Red Mountain Resort. We are honored that you chose to celebrate your Mom's birthday with us! Tracey Welsh, General Manager

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Our first time at this type of "resort/spa/adventure" property. We stayed for 4 nights on the ala carte plan. We had a car and did not want to be committed to resort dinning or schedule and also wanted to take in other sights. The property is remote, so you're committed without your own transportation. We were in the rabbit bldg. second floor #525.

We met several solo and repeat guest so that speaks well of the destintation.

Pros
The area is beautiful and is accessible to comfortable hiking trails.
5 mins. drive or bike to Snow Canyon State Park ($6 entry)
Loved the adventure trips, did the canyoneering and loved every minute
Sagestone Spa is wonderful, it is one of the best spas' we been too
Service is friendly and professional
Menu is true to spa food offerings....but quality may not always deliver

Cons
Regular rooms are narrow and the lighting is not sufficient for reading (even with 3 lamps)
Found the food disappointing cause it was always lukewarm/cold. We starting dinning off site.
Infrequency of class/adventure offerings means you may have skip one for another

Other tips
Closest town is St. George which is 10 mins drive. Which offers more dinning options (highly reocommend the Painted Point restaurant !!) and Starbucks.
Kayenta Art Village is a wonderful day trip 15 mins drive and has a nice lunch spot "Xetava Garden Cafe"
It is an EZ drive from Las Vegas to Ivins takes about 2 1/4 hours and offers a nice surprise through the canyon from NV to AZ.
No wine sales in Utah, except at restaurants so pack your wine and opener.

Overall we had a nice time and might try staying here again, but will switch to a villa (brighter and nicer) and will probably go ala carte, unless there is a subtantial improvement in the food quality.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Hello 2 MarcoPolos

Love your screen name! Glad that you enjoyed your adventure at Red Mountain Resort. We appreciate that you took the time to list your pros and cons. We give props to Painted Pony & Xetava Gardens too!

Tracey Welsh, General Manager

Reviewed 15 October 2013

My sisters and I stayed in the two br villa at Red Mtn Resort in October, 2013.

Red Mountain is gorgeous including hiking paths throughout the property and leading off property to Snow Canyon for additional hiking challenges and spectacular views. There are peaceful locations throughout the resort for quiet time.

The activity schedule is packed with options offered to make your stay as active as you wish. With a short 3 night stay it was difficult to choose our activities because there were SO MANY GREAT ACTIVITIES! But we managed to hike, kayak, paddleboard yoga, horseback ride in the canyon, bicycle into Kayenta (an artists town) and canyon view yoga. And there were about 8 other activities we wished we could fit in! Like MEET the mustangs, canyoneering, rock climbing and rappelling!!

The spa is serene and offers the services of highly trained therapists and aestheticians. We enjoyed massage treatments, facials, mani/pedi's and body wraps. I experienced the BEST FACIAL EVER with Michella! And Everett delivered a spectacular lava/seaweed body wrap including the table Vichy shower. I enjoyed the steam room every day of our stay too.

The villa was huge and comfortable with an incredible view! One bedroom held 2 queen beds and the other held a king bed. Comfy mattresses and lots of pillows. Each room had a fireplace and flatscreen tv (which never got turned on!), ceiling fans and lots of closet space. the bathrooms were spacious with deep jetted kohler bathtubs and separate glass enclosed showers, double sinks and a separate water closet.

The living room joined the bedroom suites and we had a huge soft comfy sectional to relax on in front of the fireplace while looking out the floor to ceiling sliding glass at the red rock mountains. The kitchen is fully stocked with service for 4, coffee maker, wine glasses (bring your own corkscrew!), microwave and mini fridge. Water is stocked for all of your adventures and spa water is available at different locations on the grounds to refill.

The dining! OH THE DINING! Several healthful selections and each one as tasty as the next. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were flavorful and filling. Available at convenient hours for all travelers. After fun activities or spa treatments it feels so good to be greeted by great tasting dining and not feel laden with heavy foods at the same time feeling satisfied and full. I'm certain this is the very first vacation taken where I've eaten so well and not gained a single pound, in fact coming home a couple pounds lighter. In four days that's quite an accomplishment done in a healthy manner!

My sister's and I had such a fantastic time at Red Mountain Resort we will return for another visit, maybe with the guys next time!

I have to add that this is a great SOLO travelers dream destination! There were several solo travelers and Red Mountain is tailored for solo or group travelers. We met many guests in our duration and had a great time with everyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I love Red Mountain. I just came back from 2 weeks there - 4th time in 4 years. I go primarily to help move the needle on my weight loss goals. The setting is incomparable. The staff is phenomenal. The trainers are the best. (I worked with Rebecca 4 times in my 2 weeks and she was inspirational and challenging - perfect combination). The classes are challlenging for me but also fun and very non-judgmental. Everybody works at his/her own level and the instructors are super-supportive. There is a tremendous array of activities. The villas are beautifully designed and quiet. But there are three areas that I think are just shy of perfection. I spend a lot of time at the gym and the cardio equipment could be significantly improved. Beyond treadmills there is very little to choose from. It is not close to the level of everything else at the resort. The food is very good but lunches range from so-so to excellent. And other guests told me that the air conditioners in the regular rooms are still super-noisy - which is what led me to the villas in the first place. I have no interest in going elsewhere - and that's mainly because of how amazing the staff is...but the management needs to spend a little money to make the resort even better.

Room Tip: The Villas are a little more expensive but so much nicer than the regular rooms and so mich quieter
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ivins
Inn on the Cliff
Hampton Inn St. George
#7 of 42 in St. George
Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center St. George
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George

Been to Red Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!