“it's the little things”

Red Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ivins
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed here for 4 days and while St George offers some nice hiking, the facility itself just isn't worth it. The rooms seem like a Hampton Inn, the a/c heater unit seemed to be from the 80's, very loud and located too near the bed. The food is adequate (breakfast was the best meal) and healthy but just not as interesting at other spa's I've been to. On check in, I felt like I was on a cruise with the staff person after 5 minutes, harping on their tipping policy and offered to let them charge me $25 per person per day. This place ain't cheap and I think it's cheesy they expect their clients to add to their employees paychecks 'cause they don't pay them enough? I've never experienced this at any other high end spa. The activities and trainers are all great. For me, I'd pay the extra dough and go to canyon ranch or miraval

Room Tip: get the best view you can
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Went for a week of adventure and found it. The resort was perfect. Food amazing. We spent every evening sitting on the Lava Lawn watching the light move across the mountains. I had the best massage of my life at the Sagestone spa. One of our favorite things to do was grab bikes from the resort and ride up to Snow Canyon and hike.
I'll say that we didn't really participate in most of the activities at the resort, as we booked our own Mountain Biking, Golf and trip to Zion.
Coming back each night to a great healthy meal was the best. I even lost weight there!
The rooms are on the small side but we didn't spend any time in them other to sleep.
A great trip - we will be back.

Room Tip: Turtle would be my pick for a building next time - it faces the lava field
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed for 5 nights at my favorite place to get away. I bought the Essential Retreat package, which includes the room, 3 (amazing!) meals a day, daily guided hikes (my favorite part), fitness classes, wellness classes, cooking demonstrations, and use of all of the resort facilities (pools, weight room, bikes you can borrow, WiFi, and so on). The rooms are clean and full of nice amenities, with deep tubs to soak your muscles in after the hikes. The food is delicious and healthy, but you aren't ever hungry because breakfast and lunch are both buffets, and dinner includes an extensive salad bar. The spa on the property is lovely, and I always schedule something there just so I can hang out in the steam room or the relaxing waiting room. The daily hikes are divided into 2 or 3 groups, depending on how fast and far you feel like going that day. Most are in nearby Snow Canyon state park, with its gorgeous red sandstone and great formations. You can purchase other optional adventures, like kayaking, rock climbing, bike trips, and so on. The property has hammocks set up in many locations, and falling asleep for a nap in one of those is one of my favorite things to do! If you like a mix of lots of activities plus lots of pampering plus great food, this is the place to go!

Room Tip: I like an upstairs room because I can go sit on the patio in one of the lounge chairs on a nice afte...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank DorothyB13
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Red Mtn Resort. The spa services were amazing. I also enjoyed the adventures that were available. I took part in a photography walk around the property and an Indian Trail adventure hike. The food was healthy and I enjoyed the friendly staff. The rooms and views were amazing. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure to work with the Concierge to make sure you can book your adventures and spa services. Th...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Went for 4 nights mid-October with my elderly father, shared a spacious 2 bdrm villa, did not buy the whole package, just a la carte for the villa and breakfasts. Overall the place is lovely, well appointed, beautiful location, attentive staff, gorgeous grounds, great pooldeck areas, tranquil spa, etc. A couple of glitches: the cold tap on my tub didn't work so that was very disappointing to find after a long day hiking, having looked forward to a jet-soak. Also, when we arrived, we found our villa to be on the ground floor, which made it considerably darker/gloomier than the second floor, so we asked for a change and were told they would accomodate us, we were to sit tight in our unit and not unpack, while they did a housekeeping inspection of our new unit. After finally shlepping all of our things to the new unit, it was discovered that they had moved us to a 1 bedroom instead of a 2 bedroom, so we had to move all of our things back, no 2 bedroom vacancy for our stay. This on an already long and now dark travel day.

Breakfast was great with tons of healthy options, very contemporary with steel cut oatmeal, flax seed, turkey bacon, agave nectar, things like that. Didn't eat any other meals there. Facilities were all open very early in the morning which I appreciated and used before sunrise, as did many other guests, i.e. pools, gym, restaurant. Didn't attend any fitness classes or workshops; out during the day at the National Parks.

One serious complaint was the noise from above our unit. Two separate sets of guests came and went from above our unit, all of whom got up very early, put on their hiking boots and stomped around for around an hour each morning in the dark. They also stayed up late talking loudly and used the heavy sliding bathroom doors all day and night, all of which is extremely loud down below. Let's put it this way; if THEY were up, we were up. Very poor construction/insulation in this regard. BTW a "villa" is not a separate building. All the villa units are part of bigger buildings, so the name is a little misleading.

We each had a very good massage, no other treatments.

The front lobby and lounge are both quite in need of some freshening up, some colour, something!

I would indeed go back. Probably solo or with a friend. A beautiful part of the world to visit no matter where you stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lindsey120
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Lovely resort and spa! We only stayed one night, whereas most guests seemed to be staying 3+ days (mix of solo travelers and groups), however it was a very nice 24 hours. Food was tasty and healthy (nutrition information clearly displayed), hiking trails connected to the property were nice, and the proximity to the Amphitheater and State Park was ideal. Husband and I each did a massage at SageStone - nice enough though not inexpensive. Staff went out of their way to welcome us, even loaning us blankets when we went to an evening show at the Amphitheater. Didn't use the pool(s) due to cooler temps, did not take part in any fitness classes, but would stay here again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: We got a double on the ground floor as we booked through Expedia, probably worth the $ to upgrade to...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We went for my girlfriends 40 the and stayed in 2 bed Villa. Our room was 2260 with perfect view of pool and mountain backdrop. The food was excellent and the service was excellent. The hikes are fabulous esp. Full moon meditation hike. That was a don't miss. The only downfall that doesn't bring this to a 5 star is the spa. There wasn't a dry sauna or indoor jacuzzi, only a small steam room. Two of the ladies in our party requested a man as their massage therapist and received women, but the resort did immediately apologize and offer full refund for the mix up.
The experience was excellent and relaxing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ivins
Inn on the Cliff
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites St. George
Hampton Inn St. George
Hampton Inn St. George
#7 of 42 in St. George

Been to Red Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!