“Second visit - awesome!”

Red Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ivins
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Looking forward to going back already. Great people, great place.

Took the Zion hike and bike day trip ... So much fun and the leaders were outstanding; they made every possible effort to accommodate all of the desires of the individual guests. I can't say enough about the great people who work at Red Mountain.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank dmkelley123

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We spent 4 nights at the resort in October and had a wonderful time. Booked through Jetsetter and received a great rate on a deluxe room. Very comfortable and quiet. Enjoyed the mockingbird serenade outside of our room each morning. Service upon arrival was excellent and throughout our stay. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Really enjoyed the morning guided hikes and would highly recommend. Enjoyed the breakfast and lunch service the most. We found the dinner service and atmosphere to be a little rushed and noisy. If the weather permits take advantage of the outdoor patio for dining.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed for 4 nights and found this facility was not worth the price. The room was very basic, kind of cramped and not set up very well. The AC unit sounded like a freight train all night. The tub was quite difficult to get into - too high to climb over. They have a great picture of the facility on their website. I finally asked where this was located and was told it was the "villas", which apparently is not for the average guest. We never saw this pool! The breakfast was adequate, most days, but dinner was a joke. The only steak on the menu, is only 4 oz. and it costs $27.00. And, who knows what cut it is. We had 2 in our party and they didn't look at all the same. The staff was nice enough, but kind of snooty. Come on people - this is a "fat farm" not a high class resort. We were very disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lucy B
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed here for 4 days and while St George offers some nice hiking, the facility itself just isn't worth it. The rooms seem like a Hampton Inn, the a/c heater unit seemed to be from the 80's, very loud and located too near the bed. The food is adequate (breakfast was the best meal) and healthy but just not as interesting at other spa's I've been to. On check in, I felt like I was on a cruise with the staff person after 5 minutes, harping on their tipping policy and offered to let them charge me $25 per person per day. This place ain't cheap and I think it's cheesy they expect their clients to add to their employees paychecks 'cause they don't pay them enough? I've never experienced this at any other high end spa. The activities and trainers are all great. For me, I'd pay the extra dough and go to canyon ranch or miraval

Room Tip: get the best view you can
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Went for a week of adventure and found it. The resort was perfect. Food amazing. We spent every evening sitting on the Lava Lawn watching the light move across the mountains. I had the best massage of my life at the Sagestone spa. One of our favorite things to do was grab bikes from the resort and ride up to Snow Canyon and hike.
I'll say that we didn't really participate in most of the activities at the resort, as we booked our own Mountain Biking, Golf and trip to Zion.
Coming back each night to a great healthy meal was the best. I even lost weight there!
The rooms are on the small side but we didn't spend any time in them other to sleep.
A great trip - we will be back.

Room Tip: Turtle would be my pick for a building next time - it faces the lava field
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed for 5 nights at my favorite place to get away. I bought the Essential Retreat package, which includes the room, 3 (amazing!) meals a day, daily guided hikes (my favorite part), fitness classes, wellness classes, cooking demonstrations, and use of all of the resort facilities (pools, weight room, bikes you can borrow, WiFi, and so on). The rooms are clean and full of nice amenities, with deep tubs to soak your muscles in after the hikes. The food is delicious and healthy, but you aren't ever hungry because breakfast and lunch are both buffets, and dinner includes an extensive salad bar. The spa on the property is lovely, and I always schedule something there just so I can hang out in the steam room or the relaxing waiting room. The daily hikes are divided into 2 or 3 groups, depending on how fast and far you feel like going that day. Most are in nearby Snow Canyon state park, with its gorgeous red sandstone and great formations. You can purchase other optional adventures, like kayaking, rock climbing, bike trips, and so on. The property has hammocks set up in many locations, and falling asleep for a nap in one of those is one of my favorite things to do! If you like a mix of lots of activities plus lots of pampering plus great food, this is the place to go!

Room Tip: I like an upstairs room because I can go sit on the patio in one of the lounge chairs on a nice afte...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank DorothyB13
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Red Mtn Resort. The spa services were amazing. I also enjoyed the adventures that were available. I took part in a photography walk around the property and an Indian Trail adventure hike. The food was healthy and I enjoyed the friendly staff. The rooms and views were amazing. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure to work with the Concierge to make sure you can book your adventures and spa services. Th...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ivins
Inn on the Cliff
Hampton Inn St. George
#6 of 42 in St. George
7 mi away
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites St. George

Been to Red Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!