“Great active vacation!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ivins
Commack, New York
“Great active vacation!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Loved Red Mountain again......the hikes are organized....and go to various locations within the area. Guides are knowledgeable and reassuring...both necessary for the varied level of guests and the heat. All have spectacular views and are a lot of fun. Rest of day you can go to a wide variety of classes, active, exercise, strength training, water, and cooking, photography, etc. so the combination of activities was very appealing. Loved the spa....had a variety of massage and facial type treatments. Delicious food...lots of choices, great service from the wait staff and bartenders. Only issue was the room itself...I would only stay in the villas next time...the regular rooms are dated. But all in all, loved the trip.....would go back again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LindaDL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Very disappointing, we were expecting a 5 star resort. Just stayed at the Four Seasons in Las Vegas which is a five star rating.
Stayed for 5 nights at Red Mountian,Our room was on the first level with a small window which let zero light in, carpet was dark brown which felt like we were in a cave. Very out dated and needs some reno's.

No door on the bathroom, extremely loud fan, the shower was difficult to get in and out off and room service was poor. We could hear the guest's in the room above walking around and alarm clocks buzzing.
The first day requested a wake up call at 6:30 am which did not happen, phoned the front desk
Who just forgot.....
The resort was an hours drive to Zion which was a long day driving, a hotel closer to the park
Would have been more suited. Great having washing machines on site but the soap dispenser would jam every time we would then run down to the front desk each time for laundry soap.
Activities were great and the staff friendly and the location is beautiful.
But this resort needs upgrading.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank 404Leslie
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear 404 Leslie

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at Red Mountain. I apologize that you were disappointed. As it is often difficult to match up Trip Advisor guests with our guest ledger, please do contact me directly at twelsh@redmtn.com. Indeed we are renovating our rooms this summer. Warm regards, Tracey Welsh
San Jose, California, USA
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My wife and I wanted to go on a fitness retreat. Red Mountain Resort was awesome. Great workout facilities and classes. Hikes in the desert. And we picked a package that was all inclusive so meals and one treatment per day were included. We will be back for sure. It is warm so you should love the desert.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with view of the mountains.
2 Thank Frecklebox
Dear Frecklebox,
Thank you for writing your kind review of Red Mountain. You chose our Essential Plus package which is a great value, and a wonderful way to truly nurture yourself. We do hope we will see you in the future for another visit. Tracey Welsh
San Diego
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I am very discerning (downright picky) but I loved everything about the resort. It is very well maintained (very important to me), beautiful setting, very good food, so quiet and peaceful with a lot to choose from if you wanted to exert yourself. We had a villa (little confusing because it's a one-bedroom suite and not a free standing building) but it was great - 2nd floor in Big Horn on the end - #2221. It overlooked the beautiful pool (one of 3). It had two full bathrooms (one quite large) and multiple closets. Two fireplaces and small kitchen area and eating table. We went on two fairly strenuous hikes (one guided, one on our own); a few stretch classes and 3 great aqua fitness classes. Also had a terrific massage from Christy. The food is very good - buffet breakfast and lunch but table service at dinner - how do they do healthy so well? It was hot (105) which was over normal but it actually didn't stop up much - we just scheduled things around it.

Room Tip: Try and get a room where the balcony faces east if you go when it's hot - use it in the morning...
Maine
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Signage could be better. We found the resort difficult to get around initially. This is not the place for a one night stay as it is geared for longer visits by patrons going for the total spa experience. That being said, the restaurant was innovative and the food delicious. Wait service was professional. There is a short menu with a small number of entrees, paired with an extensive salad bar and soup. All were delicious. We used the pool, which was fine and comfortably cool. There are hammocks to rest everywhere, a nice breeze and peaceful atmosphere. Actually, it was a nice stop at vacation's end. Check in at three, out at noon. It's out of the way from St. George in a peaceful location.

ohio
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We last stayed 2 1/2 years ago for my 30th birthday. Our experiences both times were equally good. Each visit was for a long weekend (4 days). May is hot, but we made good use of the pool. My thoughts:

Food: it's healthier than what I normally eat, which is a good thing. Takes me a meal to adjust but delicious! Wine is very over priced however.
Rooms: there were only 3 in our group so we had 1 room. First visit we had 2 rooms for 4 people. Three was a little crowded. I wish they had better options without big price increase. Also no door to shower and vanity area, which is awkward but can't really change it.
Exercise classes: there were many more classes I'd like to take than I actually did. Offer more on the weekend! Hydro challenge instructor was great and an easy class done in the middle of the afternoon.
Hiking: we tried the medium intensity hike this time (can't remember their specific names, just call them easy intermediate and advanced). After a day at Zion, it was tiring. We had seen same things first visit. Our guide recommended jelly belly sports beans for electrolytes. Good recommendation: i felt better having some after sweating so much. Beginner hike on our last day was a little easy but got to see parts of the park we had not been to yet. Priscilla is a great guide who we've had both times.
Excursion to Zion: loved the park! Mark and Dave and the other guide were good at finding hikes for everyone's abilities. I enjoyed it a lot.
Free events: we did the cooking demo and DIY spa, both exceeded my expectations. Loved them and added variety to the day.
"Gift" shop: more for clothes/shoes you forgot to pack. I love that they had cute red mountain t shirts!!! I don't remember any last time, so of course I bought one. And we got a discount for being returning guests!
Spa: skipped it this time. I think money spent on Zion hike was much more worth it. I can spa at home.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My Husband, I and our dog stayed here for 4 nights.
We arrived and where checked in by Melanie, who seemed like she really wanted to be somewhere else or that we were interrupting her. Gave us our package and told here where to go.

Our Room was nice (clean & Comfortable), a little small we thought. One nice thing was they did have a dog bed and goodies in the room waiting, which was a nice touch. We arrived at 8pm and when I called to see if we could have food, Melanie said nothing was open in the hotel, she was short...when I asked her if she could recommend any where she said St. George has restaurants! Nothing more. The next day, I went to go the pool, the one that is on their website, and in any of the pictures you see from the resort. However I hotel card wouldn't work in the gate, when I went to guest services we where told that this pool wasn't available for us as we where staying in part of the Hotel. I have travelled A LOT and have never ever been at a resort that treated guests like a second class! The pool that was available, was needless to say nothing like the advertised pool.

We ate at the Hotel one night! I guess I should have mentioned that we where not part of the health and Fitness package, which I'm pretty sure the rest of the hotel was on. The portions where tiny, the food wasn't great my husband sent back his steak it was over cooked and tasteless, which was a theme carried over from Breakfast.

The location is out there...you are 45mins from Zion & 20mins from St. George.
On a positive note the Hotel views are really nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank leon&Kevin
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Leon and Kevin,

I am so sorry to read your review. We certainly should have done a better job and I appreciate knowing of this situation. Indeed Canyon Breeze Restaurant creates all of the entrees to order, and the portion sizes are meant to support a healthy lifestyle. I am sorry that we did not please you.

Tracey Welsh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ivins
Inn on the Cliff
Hampton Inn St. George
Hampton Inn St. George
#6 of 41 in St. George
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George

Been to Red Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!