“Not as presented on web site” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Mountain Resort

Red Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ivins
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
“Not as presented on web site”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I went looking for a romantic get away and purchased the full package. Be careful when reveiwing the web site, all the photos are of the villa and suites, not a representation of the basic "motel style" rooms. We had the food package as well, and the food was good but served buffet style, and it was a limited beer and wine menu. The guests dined in their work out clothes or yoga pants, and the service from the hotel staff was very good. The pricing is "per person", so not worth the price unless you plan on attending their numerous work out classes. A great place to work out, hike and enjoy the near by hiking. The spa is fantastic.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that face the mountains, and would be a comfortable place for a solo traveler.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Jan R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Hastings, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Visited in May 2013 & going back in a few weeks (thought I had "reviewed" this place - next time will be more prompt!). Traveled for the first time as a solo traveler on that trip... and have never looked back! To say this is an AWESOME for the solo traveler is an understatement.

Okay, lets be honest, you are NOT going to a 5-Star, wait on me hand & foot resort (but they come close!). The rooms are great - yes they are a darker color than most but HELLO - you are tracking red dirt in constantly! You want a white room with white decor - go the the north pole (ha ha!). The food is good (too "pretty" for me) and if you want seconds, JUST ASK! I recommend you do their all inclusive package deals - BEST value by far.

The highlight was John who picked me up from the airport... when they lost my luggage, he helped me out and made sure they knew where to deliver it too! GREAT way to start... the first impression of this customer service put me at ease and set my mood for the rest of the week - PEACEFUL!

The spa was okay (I'm a spa snob and VERY picky) and I would recommend them - yes there are some minor items that would make it better (more than 1 toilet would be big improvement).

The fitness activities..... HOLY CRAP! If you are board, it's your own fault (and good for you - RELAX!). You can do as much or as little as you want and no one pressures you either way. I spend a couple days hiking with varous groups, a day trekk to Mt. Zion (HIGHLY recommended!) and a day in the desert on a bike by myself (yes, I checked in & out with the office - safety first). I also took a day to just lay around in the hammocks and by the pool.

With the group activies you can do, if you are a solo traveler, you will make friends fast! If you want to be alone, that's okay too. I did dinner by myself very night but after a couple days I sat with my new friends for lunch.

I was SO relaxed, I cried on the plan ride home. Now a few weeks out & I CAN NOT WAIT TO GET BACK!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
      Rooms
4 Thank Sonia B
Tenafly, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed at Red Mountain Resort as our base for visiting Zion National Park. The resort is lovely. We did not take advantage of the resort's planned activities due to timing but there seemed to be great activities. Also since it was July and it was over 100 degrees, we tended to avoid outdoor activities at the height of the day. The spa food at the resort was delicious and such a wonderful way to eat healthy! I loved this! I could have stayed just for the meals! The room was just a room; it was nothing exceptional but comfortable enough. Considering this was a resort, I thought the room could have been a bit more elaborate. Oh well. There are hammocks outside for just hanging out; the spa services were just fine. Watch out for cute frogs that want to enter your room through the doorway!

Room Tip: I was told there are upgraded suites. Our room was average.
3 Thank Franci S
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you Franci for staying with us at Red Mountain and mentioning the wonderful food at our Canyon Breeze Restaurant. I hope you'll come again and stay longer! Tracey Welsh
Helena, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in mid-July. The weather was hot...high's around 107! I know, it's a dry heat. Don't fool yourself! But the heat made the pool even more enjoyable. We both absolutely loved this place. Room was magnificent. Service was even better! Food was well prepared, and even with the smaller potion size for healthy eating, there was plenty. We did not have a chance to enjoy any programs, but plan to go back to do just that. We did have spa treatments, and they were wonderful. If you want to spend some time in southern Utah, this is a great place to stay. Great location near Zion, Bryce, etc. St. George is a nice town with various dining and entertainment options. Most importantly, best staff of any place I have ever stayed. You will not be sorry! We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: If you can afford it, stay in a Villa. The pool for the Villa's is really nice, and the views f...
2 Thank Debbie-n-John-in-Mt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was looking for a beautiful, peaceful place to celebrate my birthday and Red Mountain Resort turned out to be that perfect place. When booking we were given the choice of all inclusive (all meals and fitness classes were included) or a la cart (breakfast included and all other meals and fitness classes would be extra). We opted for the a la cart since we were renting a car and knew we would be out exploring the area on our own. Other amenities such as use of pools, bikes and gym were available to all guests. Our room was lovely with spectacular views of the mountains. Although it was not overly large it suited our purposes just fine. The resort itself is well maintained with little nooks throughout that you can escape to relax on a lounge chair or a hammock. There are lots of spa treatments and diverse outdoor and fitness activities available to all guests at extra costs. We opted for a guided morning hiking, a mediation workshop and the lava tube evening hike which were all well worth the money. You need to sign up for these activities in advance. Breakfast selections at a buffet were ample and healthy and the dinner menu, posted at the entrance to the dining area, changed daily. We never ate lunch at the resort so I have no feedback on it. Dinner was delicious but portions were on the small size but considering the resort is very health conscious that was fine by us. Just a few final thoughts pack water bottles, hats (we bought the kind that you can wet and it cools your body down) and plenty of sunscreen. It is VERY hot there in the summer and the temps were in the triple digits when we were there. We would fill our water bottles with 1/2 ice and 1/2 water. You can find ice in the dining area along with fresh fruits, cold water, ice tea, coffee and hot tea available to guests all day and evening. Also do not miss out on a trip to Zion National Park it is less than an hour away and it is spectacular! If you have a car and are a history buff you might want to visit the Mountain Meadows Massacre Sight. It is not too far from the resort. It will not take you all that long to see but it is quite interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed my birthday trip to Red Mountain Resort and definitely plan to return some day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mountains.
      Location
2 Thank RJLock
Winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was my second trip to Red Mtn Resort. It was just as good the second time. We loved the daily hikes, the use of the bikes, the food was amazing and the staff are great. We hiked and biked every day. The pool was spectacular and the aqua classes were so much fun. Loved the Melt Method classes and the yoga as well. The golf courses in the area are very nice and was lucky to golf twice while there this time. The week was amazing and I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for fun, lots of activities and relaxing. There is something for everyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in the villas. They have their own private pool and balconies. Worth the extra bit.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Torti
NorCal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We wanted to stay near Snow Canyon State Park and called them at the last minute. This is the slow time of year - 40% occupancy. We splurged on a large suite with a master bedroom, bedroom, 3 bathrooms and living room and kitchen. The kitchen lacked a stove but had a microwave. The fridge was tiny. Breakfasts in the dining room were great. We had an average dinner one night. We had a nice pool almost to ourselves and a hot tub. Our 2 adult children did the horseback ride in the evening and they loved it and the trip leader--worth the price. We hiked in the early am--6a -8am after driving into the park ($6). It looked like a fun place to bike ride. We were not aware ahead of time that you can buy packages and get exercise classes and talks included. If you do not buy the packages it is $35 for a yoga class! I wish I could have done the guided hike in the morning, but we did not really understand all they had to offer when we checked in. They should have you sit down rather than stand at desk. There was a lot to offer there. They have a nice spa on site. Oh they charge gratuities on everything which I did not know (including the room) so that you don't have to tip.... evidently some people don't want the hassle. I like to reward good service if it is good.

Room Tip: Ask for canyon and mountain views...not sure, but they all might be view rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ivins
Inn on the Cliff
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites St. George
Hampton Inn St. George
Hampton Inn St. George
#7 of 41 in St. George

Been to Red Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!