Red Mountain Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Inn at Entrada(St. George)
Average 3/5
Amira Resort & Spa(St. George)
WellFit Zion(St. George)
    Great 4.5/5
    Dixie Palms Motel(St. George)
    Very Good 4/5
    Good 3.5/5
    1,023 results
    All reviewsspa treatmentsfitness classescommunity tabletai chisnow canyon state parkstretch classescanyon ranchmorning hikesteam roomactive vacationking villaweight lossgreat hikingrented a cargeorge airporthorseback ridingbuffet style
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 1 December 2009

This Resort is definitely a gem. The food was incredible (if you're into organic, healthy, and flavorable foods that is), the service was top notch (everyone was soooo friendly), the classes were plentiful, diverse and fun, and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. There was more than enough activities for both my wife and I keep buzy while still having a relaxing and romantic weekend. We were there for three nights and wish we could have stayed for an extra day or two.

Be sure to choose a lodging package that includes all meals. You definitely won't want to leave the resort as the food is excellent on site and it's a quite distance from other restaurants.

This was our first trip to the Resort and we'll definitely return. Well worth the money and our limited time.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Jason L
    Reviewed 25 November 2009

I liked this spa for what I paid, but I was a little disappointed. I have been to several destination fitness retreats / spas. Maybe I went at a down time, but there were very few classes offered. One yoga class a day, and maybe one stretch class, and that was it.

The hikes were beautiful, but there is also climbing involved. I did not anticipated having to get on all fours and climb up boulders and down into canyons. I hike for the cardio effect, and all of the stopping and climbing defeated the purpose a bit. I think it would be a good pace for someone who is not in shape, and looking to jump start their fitness routine. Not good for someone already in shape looking to challenge their bodies. Of course, there are more challenging hikes in Zion and the surrounding areas, but those cost extra, so know that going in.

The food was very delicious, but too many options for people trying to lose weight. I wasn't so I gobbled up the potatoes and bread and butter, but if I was overweight, I would have had a hard time resisting what was in front of my face.

I would recommend this to others if they are on a budget, and if they do not want an aggressive fitness schedule. For that, I would recommend Rancho La Puerta.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
    6  Thank redskinfan78
    Reviewed 4 November 2009

Selected because "spa" was part of the name but it's so much more. While spa is nice, ended up too busy with other activities to make time for treatment. MANY wellness components operating all day, every day ranging from low key (hike/stretch/cook/yoga/pilates/meditation) to uber-jock-type challenges. Innovative cuisine (and lots of it), great staff, exceptionally scenic red rock area and views. Guest rooms were perfectly fine but not luxury.
    Rewards: Exceeded my own 'perceived' physical limits, learned new fitness techniques, enjoyed great food... and wine :)... Highly recommend booking all-inclusive rate as meals/activities make it best value.
    Regrets: Two days wasn't enough. Found most (many were repeat) stay minimum four. Missed a number of classes and activities as ran out of time, plus program changes every day.
    Tips: Sign up in morning for NEXT day hikes; Don't miss spa steamroom & relaxation lounge; Pack old socks - red sand stain doesn't wash out. Bring small backpack for hiking (but resort will provide a satisfactory nylon version if you forget).

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
    3  Thank globephobe
    Reviewed 14 October 2009

Adobe style building with a beautiful red mountain backdrop. Hammocks on the lawns to sit with a good book, and plenty of hiking/cycling set up through the hotel for those who are interested.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 10 October 2009

I stayed 3 nights at this gorgeous property and had a wonderful time. I wish I had a couple more days! The room was comfortable and well serviced by housekeeping. Each building had several rooms and there was one shared laundry room area that had a microwave, washer/dryer and ice machine. I did not use any of the appliances (other then getting ice), but I did notice they were rather old. Not really what you would expect at a spa.
    The morning hike (as mentioned by others) are a must do! They have 10 different ones so you would have to stay there for 11 days before you had to repeat something. The guides were great. They were knowledgeable and personable. Half of the fun was learning tidbits of information from the guides. I also went on the slickrock hike and had a blast and got tons of great pictures.
    The restaurant had good food. I enjoyed breakfast and lunch more then dinner. Dinner tended to be more complicated dishes that didn't always suite my tastes. Desert, however, is a must. The cinnamon bread pudding and the chocolate cupcake are delicious. The staff there was very nice and accommodating of special requests.
    I only had one treatment at the spa, a massage, but after all the hiking it was great. The ladies that worked there were friendly. The people at the guest service desk were pleasant, but were usually distracted multitasking when I was there.
    Overall, I had a great time and the wonderful staff and guides really do make the place top notch. I will go back if I ever get the chance.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends