“great pizza and so much more”
Review of Pro's Pizza - CLOSED

Pro's Pizza
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Santa Cruz, California
“great pizza and so much more”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

before a concert at tuacahn or after a day spent in snow canyon, i highly encourage you to visit between the slices, home of the best pizza in the st. george area. this isn't just a pizza place though, their sandwiches and desserts are bombtastic! my folks swear by the "momma's sub," but i usually go for the meatball sandwich. the meatballs are so yum, you can taste the handmade goodness. i also enjoy the north side philly sandwich, which is packed with way more mushrooms and meat than you'd expect. if pizza or sandwiches aren't your bag, try the chili, which is so good, it deserves a separate review! if you have any room left over make sure to get a "made fresh daily" brownie or giant cookie, your sweet tooth will thank you.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank MckinleyAlvarez

St. George, Utah
“Such a nice surprise”
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I actually live across the street from Sweat Pea and my roommate and I had gone once before and quite enjoyed it. On a whim we decided to return and give it some real attention.
It is a nice little place located in a little strip mall right next door to the Lightfoot's gas station but don't let that "ambiance" throw you. Once you walk inside it is really cutely appointed.
The cafe is sparkling clean and has the aroma of freshly baked goods. It was a Sunday and there was only one other person when we went (at just after 1:00 pm- they close at 2:00) so we had our choice of where to sit. I selected the bar (earning a glare from my height challenged roomie)
It took me a moment to decide what I wanted to eat but I settled on a BLT. Roomie decided on the biscuit breakfast sandwich.
The staff was so friendly and helped us right away and explained both of the dishes to us. When I got my BLT (on white, untoasted) I was about to ask for yellow mustard (you have to have yellow mustard on a BLT it should be a law) when I noticed that it had a different kind of spread on it. It turned out it was PESTO(!).
The BLT was fabulous, and likely one of the best I've ever had. It had applewood smoked bacon, romain lettuce, roma tomatoes, endive, provolone or swiss cheese (I don't know from cheeses) and the aforementioned pesto.
Though I'll continue to use yellow mustard elsewhere, I'll never lessen this sandwich here with it. SO GOOD.
It came with one side and I chose the potato salad. Now I am picky with potato salad as that my cousin makes the best ever. But I'll tell you next to her's this is a close second. Really close.
Seemed to be done in the "southern style" with mustard, it also had hard-boiled eggs, black olives, pickles, and of course, potatoes.
On a whim we took a bit of the bread pudding home to try out with our British friend. I found it really heavy, but she said this is expected. The serving was HUGE and we didn't even begin to eat half of it between the three of us. It had a nice cinnamon flavor to it but I think I expected something a little more akin to cinnamon rolls flavor-wise.
I would advise anyone wandering through Ivins and hankerin for something to eat to give this place a try, I highly doubt you'll regret it.
(I didn't sample it, but roomie wouldn't stop raving about her breakfast sandwich)
* I didn't get a pic of either her sandwich or the bread pudding.

• Visited August 2011