“Good Pizza”

Pro's Pizza
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Good Pizza and salad. Doesn't stay open late enough on Saturday nights. Friendly service. Basic atmosphere like eating in the kitchen at home.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Ordered a chicken ceasar wrap. It was very good and pretty big. Also ordered a pepperoni pizza for my kids. The pizza was pretty good. I'm sure I will be back to try more.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

The pizza is awesome, and they should raise their prices as the ingredients are top notch. Love the sauce. We are now weekly regulars and it's great to see some people who are visiting the area find this too!

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I visited Between the Slices with my good friend Mike who has previously posted a review, I was dubious, because it is usually my experience that when someone is singing the praises of a restaurant, I get there and then I am not blown away. Not so with Between the Slices, the pizza was to die for, (and I have eaten pizza in many different countries of the world) this is hands down my favorite. The place was clean, I didn't mind the decor, it serves its purpose, the staff were super friendly and again the pizza was fabulous and very tasty. The low price is just a bonus.

On a side note I also read the newspaper review claiming that their secret bread-stick recipe should be kept secret and also felt that the article author was very low and devious after making that remark in print when they had clearly been told by the owner that it wasn't on the menu as they had not perfected it yet, but that she would make some special for them to taste, but then that demonstrates to me an incompetent reporter and food critic who feels that they have to misrepresent the facts in order to get their story read.

If your over in the Ivins area, go check out the little pizzeria you wont be sorry.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I've lived in Ivins for a little over 2 years now and I have seen 3 different restaurants in the little place by the gas station. Mr Cebollin (a Mexican place; a horrid Mexican place, I was not sorry to see it go. And since it was Mexican why wasn't it called Senor Cebollin? I digress.) was the first and had apparently been there for years. I do recall eating there a few years back when friends of mine raved about this little hole in the wall, I recall I was not impressed. After the senor packed his bags and moved on there was a quaint little restaurant that I LOVED (the Sweet Pea Bakery), in fact, I did one of my first reviews on their food, the BLT sandwich to be exact. But they disappeared. Literally, one day they were in business the next there was a handwritten sign on the door and they were never seen again R.I.P. Sweet Pea. At first I was inconsolable. Then the seductive scents of pizza sauce and dough wafted across the parking lot one day. Being hungry and loving pizza we gave them a call and ordered a pizza. Best. Decision. Ever.
To be honest I am not too sussed about the interior, I have eaten inside exactly once and their decor leaves much to be desired, but it could be worse. It's just their bad luck to follow after the Sweet Pea Bakery, with their awesome decor, had they followed right after the Mexican place I probably wouldn't think much of it, but there is potential! My biggest gripe would be the wooden table with food bits in the cracks, it's quaint but sort of off-putting, also not a fan of the12 packs of soda in the cold case. I'm surprised they don't have fountain drinks, just seems a little low rent.
The people at BTS (what I like to call it) are personable and friendly and the fellow behind the wall (don't ignore the man behind the curtain here) is affable and engaging and is always quick to greet you when you pick up your pizza.
But that is all well and good, what matters here is the food. And Oh. Mah. God (Gosh for you non-blasphemers) is it AWESOME!
I have posted a previous review about another pizza place and stated my preference for Hungry Howie's take out. Well move over Mr. Howie, you've been replaced. By someone younger, prettier and well, cheaper. A LOT cheaper.
You can get a 14" pizza with 3 toppings for less than a 10 spot (as of the writing of this review, heaven knows what will happen in the future). And that seems pretty good to me.
The first time I got one from them I was dubious, I wasn't too sure that I'd be back, but that changed the moment their crust and sauce passed these lips. They have a mix of Italian seasonings that they pepper over the cheese that bumps the flavor profiles through the roof. I cannot stop telling people how good their pizza is. This is not hyperbole. And from the traffic I see going in and out I'm not alone in this assessment. The times they give for the takeout are more than reasonable, never exceeding 40 minutes, usually 20. I'm thinking they will be sticking around for a long while. At least I sure hope so. They are closed on Sundays and I had a Hungry Howie's one day from jonesing for some pizza and man was I disappointed. I don't know that I will ever order one of theirs again. I'll just have to make sure to take care of my pizza fix before Sunday.
As for the review that was posted in the Where It's At section of the local paper... really? You order something that you are told isn't on the menu and that they are still working on perfecting and you use that against them in your review? WTH? Just lame in my opinion.
I've never had their desserts (except the cookie, more on that in a sec) or anything other than the pizza that is available on their menu but I have heard great reviews about the brownies and a couple of other items. Last night on a whim we got the cookies, holy crap man. They are HUGE! And not too shabby tasting, though I will stick with my Tollhouse cookies to be honest. We will be trying the brownies soon.
I had a friend come along over the weekend and the worst thing she had to say was how bitter she was that she would have to drive from Bloomington Hills to Ivins to get the best pizza in town.
So the last word, decor is meh, could do some things to make it a little more upscale and less mom and pop (not that there is anything wrong with those) but I can ignore all of that when it comes to the pizza. This place is all about the pizza. And since I usually take it home, that is all I care about.
This is a MUST GO restaurant, I cannot recommend it enough.