“"Absolutely!"”
Review of The Jensen Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jensen
The Jensen Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Jensen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 July 2012

...would be my response if I were ever asked if I would want to stay here again. Judith is personable, engaging, and friendly. The rates are fair, and the entire area is well-run, clean, and pretty. Plus, it is a short drive from the park (assuming you're out there to see the fossils)! Breakfast was delicious and healthy... I really could not praise this place much more highly. Great job, Judith.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Jensen Inn

Reviewed 26 June 2012

The "inn" (really their home) is on the same road as DNM and is a very short drive. I had a terrible night's sleep due to a noisy ceiling fan and being able to hear not only the people below me talking but also being able to hear their ceiling fan. No TV and the whirlpool tub that is advertised in the king room was broken and looks as though it had been for some time as the water faucets had been removed. That said, Judith is a lovely hostess and the breakfast was plentiful. It's not a great value at about $135 per night plus tax. Book early though as it was literally the only local place that had a vacancy during the week due to the oil field workers who come into town and stay for the work week.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank TotalOfFive
Reviewed 9 June 2012

When I arrived in the early afternoon, I found a note attached to the door informing me that Judith would return shortly, also a telephoen number should I wish to phone her. It was a wonderful, warm spring day, so I just sat on the deck and enjoyed the view over to the mountains. I could have sat there the whole weekend, just looking at the view, but then Judith arrived and showed me to my beautiful room with a very comfortable bed. Judith made me feel welcome and even made some tea for me. I stayed two nights and would have loved to stay longer if only I had had the time. For breakfast Judith will ask what you would like and then prepare it for you. As I am an early riser and need a cup of coffee first thing, Judith prepared a thermos jug of coffee so that I would have coffee early in the morning.
I only returned home from my trip 10 days ago and am already planning to return to the Jensen Inn next year.
The fact that it is so near Dinosaur National Monument is a nice extra, but for me The Jensen Inn is the main attraction.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Gertrud P
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Friendly and modern accommodations. Close to national monument and visitors center.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Jensen Inn while visiting Dinosaur NM and were incredibly impressed with the Jensen Inn. Bright, clean, new, and comfy cozy rooms with fast wi-fi a few miles from the entrance to the park made our stay in the area especially memorable. After a long day of driving and visiting the park (the new quarry facilities are wonderful!) we had a great evening. Our hostess recommended a good restaurant in Vernal, and The Jensen Inn was a welcome spot to come back to. The bedding is luxury linen with down comforters. It was snowing outside but our room was toasty, cozy and spacious. Full breakfast in the main house the next morning included eggs, bacon, toast, yogurt with cherry compote, orange juice, tea, and coffee. I would not be surprised if the proprietress would accomodate breakfast requests if made in advance. She is extremely accommodating. Overall, a welcome surprise in a remote area where the ubiquitous roadside chain motels of dubious quality are few and far between.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Everything was perfect and as advertised. We were visiting Dinosaur National Monument and this was the perfect jumping off point for the day. The breakfast was fantastic. The room was spacious and comfortable. A small space heater was thoughtfully provided to take the chill out of the air. The internet worked fine and there was cell phone reception. The closest place to really get a meal was Vernal which is a short drive away. Large parking area. Cranes fly over every morning and evening while we were there migrating between their daytime feeding areas to their night time sleeping areas. Very cool.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NatureHound
Reviewed 18 October 2011

It was truly a perfect place to stay, especially being just a few miles down the road from the Quarry entrance to Dinosaur National Monument. I had a chance to spend a night here and loved it. Wonderful company shared and very friendly. Breakfast was even better and a good way to start another day before heading back into the monument!

Before you head in, plan on some plan for a dinner meal. Jensen doesn't have much in the way of places to eat. You'll have to drive all the way to Vernal.

Anywho, I got up early the next morning near sunrise. The views of Split Mountain were a sight to take in. The sun rose and cranes came out. My camera and I were happy, needless to say!

I will definitely plan on staying here again the next time I'm in the area!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jensen
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Naples Vernal
SpringHill Suites Vernal
Antlers Inn
Antlers Inn
#5 of 15 in Vernal

Been to The Jensen Inn? Share your experiences!