“Loved Dick's, but now....”
Review of Dick's Drive In

Dick's Drive In
Ranked #10 of 14 Restaurants in Kamas
Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved Dick's, but now....”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I've been stopping at this little place for many years on my way to my cabin in the Uintas. Sad to say things have really gone downhill. The quality of the food is just not what it once was and the prices have increased so unfairly. Service is pathetic, they say that because their food is made fresh with each order that you must expect a bit of a wait - well this afternoon, I stopped with my two teenage grandsons ... All they wanted were shakes. We waited almost 20 minutes at the drive thru just to order, the congestion in the drive left us no means of escape. I kept asking if anyone was there and was repeatedly told "just a sec". When I finally ordered we waited another 12 minutes - for 2 shakes. When someone finally came, they gave us someone else's order - then they said " oh, we're making them now " . Just around the corner is Mountain Drug, next time we'll go there!

• Visited July 2014

Kamas, Utah
“Was better as Dick's”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was my usual stop to and fro when I was heading up into the Uintas for some climbing, backpacking, fishing etc. A greasy meal before I had to eat lousy backpacking food, or a relief from said backpacking food. I know it's silly to hold onto the past, but Dick's was a much better place than Uinta Drive In. The food is fast food, and that's fine. It's just lacking the old school flair that Dick's had. It's a tad pricey for what it is. They don't take American Express which is a bit of an issue considering the tourism of the area. They also are closed most of the year, open only for the summer. Hard to recommend considering the better options just a couple hundred yards away. It does hit the spot sometimes, so 3 stars is what I can give it.

• Visited August 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
“We stop here almost every time we head up Mirror Lake Highway!”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Fresh burgers, shakes and fries! What more could you want? It has a "homey" family feel and they make you feel like part of the family, even when busy. Just a cute 'lil place. Always good, quality food.

Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go to McDonald's the owner even says so”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Spent $43.00 for dinner for five. Food not good. Went back to complain and the owner told us... then go eat at McDonald's. Next time I will. Don't waste your time and money.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Thaxboyd
Ontario, California
“Decent food ok prices”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stop by Dick's on our way back from our annual fishing trip at Mirror Lake. The burgers are good and they use a tasty ciabatte type bun. Service is quick and usually friendly (not this trip). I had the bacon burger which was better than average while my brother in law had the pastrami burger. The pastrami burger had one thick cut piece of pastrami. I think he would have preferred thin slices. On weekends this place can be packed and it's a small place so be forewarned.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Dick's Drive In? Share your experiences!