Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kanab
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewshi expressindoor poolgrand canyonpancake machinecinnamon rollsking suitethird floordecent breakfastfront desk staffin townbiscuits and gravyyogurtsmall townconvenient locationafter a long daygrocery storelaundry room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2011

We stayed 3 nights and used this as our jumping off point to see Zion and Bryce Canyon. We arrived on Easter day and there was only one staff member present- our check-in was quick, but I had to go to the front desk to collect the crib we requested and then cart it to my room and set it up. It wasn't difficult and things may have only been that way because of the holiday.

The breakfast was wonderful every morning and the cooking staff always paid special attention to my 20 month old son. Very friendly. Coffee, hot chocolate and tea were available all day long, which was a nice perk.

The indoor pool and hottub were great, my son loved them. The staff opened the pool early for us one day, which was a great way to entertain my son before breakfast.

Beds were very soft and comfortable. Rooms were nicely done with a western theme and the hotel is very accessible from the main road. The staff also had nice recommendations for restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2011

This busy inn has the standard Holiday Inn Express amenities with the previously noted western motif. It was challenging to find a quiet nook in the common areas, but the room was clean. Our room smelled of mold and mildew and allergies flared. I do not know if this is a systemic problem or just this one room. The women at the front desk .... Both of them....gave helpful suggestions and advice on places to go and eat. They were wonderfully friendly and made the two night stay pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 7 April 2011

I have been meaning to write this review for a while, and, finally got around to it.

But, the Holiday Inn Express deserves it.

The hotel is new, wonderfully charming (old west theme, if you will) and clean. We have stayed here several times on the way to or from SLC and have never been disappointed.

Rooms are clean and spacious, free WiFi and quiet.

Pool is indoor, heated and again, spacious.

Breakfast offering is standard, nothing more, nothing less. But solid and helpful when all you want is a bagel or some cereal.

If you are driving to or through Utah, heading to the Grand Canyon, I would recommend the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Ask for something on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2011

After driving ~180 miles from Desert View in the Grand Canyon (passing a total of three gas stations and a single town), we were thrilled to pull into the relative metropolis of Kanab at about 9:15 PM to unload the minivan at the HI Express. This modern hotel is like a home away from home! It was easy to settle into, and has great facilities. Most of the family loved the western/cowboy motif, especially the BIG cowboy boots out front, the bathroom wallpaper and the unique steer-horn bathroom light fixtures. The rooms are spacious and very clean. There are laundry facilities on each floor, which were great for a mid-road-trip wash-n-dry. It is clear that the owners spent signficant money on the design and decoration of the hotel. After a day trip of hiking in nearby Zion NP and the Coral-Pink Sand Dunes SP (well worth the detour to get to BTW), it was great to relax and play cards with our family and friends in the lovely and spacious breakfast area. We took over the place like it was our own living room, and the staff was friendly and supportive of our doing so. Although we did not use the pool and spa, the facilities looked first rate. Breakfast itself was very good. It was not quite as varied as at the HIE at the Grand Canyon, but the spaciousness and decor of the room more than made up for the lack of pancakes. There is a full supermarket right across the street, which is very handy for stocking up on groceries and supplies. Kanab is (for southern Utah) centrally located and convenient to both Zion (~45 mins) and Bryce Canyon (~75 mins) parks. It also has a surprisingly strong history of serving as a western set for the filming movies and TV shows over the past 50+ years. Overall, the town and the HIE are highly recommended... just don't expect Hollywood and the Beverly Hills Hotel :^)

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SpikeMeister226
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I travel between Tucson and Boise several times a year, and always plan my overnight stay here, even though I'd prefer to drive a little further when heading north. This is one of the CLEANEST hotels I have ever stayed in (and I've stayed in many). Beds are comfortable, rooms are tastefully decorated, pool and spa are a delight, and the breakfast buffet is decent. I've read reviews complaining about large groups staying here, but we've all experienced that at different hotels, too. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo