Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kanab
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewshi expressindoor poolgrand canyonpancake machinecinnamon rollsking suitethird floordecent breakfastfront desk staffin townbiscuits and gravyyogurtsmall townconvenient locationafter a long daygrocery storelaundry room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My family and I stayed in this hotel during a road trip. We liked this hotel and it was one of our favorites. The hotel is right in Kanab and there are restaurants nearby. The lobby and room were very modern and clean. The full hot breakfast was reasonably good. The weather in Kanab had the usual hot temperatures typical of summer and the air conditioner worked very well. The high speed Internet was fast and connected easily.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

A typical Holiday Inn Express, with slightly western theme touches... the breakfast was good, the room was clean, the pool was indoors but adequately ventilated and very clean. When we stayed (late June 2012) the prices were pretty high for a standard hotel in the middle of nowhere - but I guess that being the best hotel option between Zion and the Grand Canyon allows for some pricing power...

My only complaints are 1.) the pool towels are ridiculously small and 2.) when I asked for a restaurant recommendation at the front desk, I was directed to a place where the hotel obviously had some sort of financial relationship - rather than being provided with a real recommendation.

If you really need a hotel in Kanab, this is probably your best bet.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

Our stay was June 22-25,2012. Very clean. Breakfast was hot and selections were scrambled eggs (or omelet the next day), bacon (or sausage), biscuits and gravy, pastries, bagels, juices, cereal, pancakes ,etc. Served until 10:30. Beds were not as comfortable as we hoped and pillows were "firm & soft" selections. Would definitely stay again. Did not enjoy Best Western Red Hills (June 27-july 1). Although Holiday Inn Express may be a bit higher, the breakfast $ you save is worth it. At BW RH you also get breakfast but it was so bad we ate there only once. Thought we could save some $ on our 2nd visit to Kanab by staying at BW RH-- don't. Stay at the HI Express because you make up the difference in going out to eat breakfast.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Everything about this hotel seems to be done on the cheap. Dirty carpet, furniture broken, dirty tile, rude uncaring staff with an attitude of "don't bother me". Have stayed at many Holiday Inn's and this is by far the worse. The tiny bottled water given to "priority club members" is a slap in the face, compared to other hotels. No comp newspapers. As for the breakfast, the hard boiled eggs were frozen, the pancake maker was broken and unusable. A very bad experience that should not have happened. Never stay at this hotel. Even witnessed a dog in the dinning room.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank L K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kanab, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Dear L K,

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience with us. I am disappointed to hear you were not satisfied with your stay and that you did not enjoy the benefits you are entitled to as a valued Priority Club member. I am sorry about the quality of our breakfast and the uncaring attitude of our staff. We work very hard to ensure our that our facilities and services are superior. We strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enable us to target problem areas and will be used to consider needed improvements. I hope that you can give us a chance to host you again in the future, to show you how great our hotel is.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Very comfortable place, people were very nice at the front desk, rooms clean and comfortable. I have used that word twice now, getting message! Swimming pool was Greta at the end of the day, especially with our grandson. I will go back to this place. Oh, the morning coffee was fine, skip the breakfast. If heading north on 89, stop in Hatch at the Cautus Cowboy restaurant for breakfast.

Room Tip: get the room overlooking the parking lot, I always get the room overlooking the trash dumpster!