“There are better places”
Review of Travelodge Kanab

Travelodge Kanab
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This met the needs of a place to stay for a few hours while on the road through Kanab although I feel that I spent more than the place was worth. The room was very small with the king bed pushed all the way against one wall. The bathroom and closet could have been better used for more room space. The bed was terrible--too many fat people have slept on it. I ended up just sleeping across the top of the bed (lucky it was a king) and thus did not wake up sore. The heater was very loud and even when it was not actually heating, it was still noisily blowing air. I ended up cranking it up to get the room warm then turned it off and hoped I would be warm enough through the night. Lucky for me, I had to wake up at 4:30 so when I woke up rather cold around 4, I just got up and left.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if you want a good room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 March 2014

If you're looking for a "nice" place to stay, move along from here, but if you want something that's adequate and seems to be the cheapest place to stay in Kanab then this is your place. The entire place needs to be updated but is comfortable enough with the basic amenities. Has a fairly average breakfast available as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My wife had just been released from the hospital and we needed a 'Special Needs' accommodation without a reservation , these wonderful owners provided us with a room, at the last minute, changing a reservation to accommodate us with a room that not only took care of our needs but offered a Microwave, Refrigerator ,a comfortable bed and full service TV at the lowest price I have ever found in the US . A clean room with excellent, considerate service

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The room was quite pricey for what you got, but that seems to be the way things are in Kanab. The whole place needs to be updated with new bathrooms, bedding, carpets, AC (it was quite loud), etc. But, it was decent for one night. The free breakfast in the morning was okay, they had bread, cereal, muffins. The location is good, close to restaurants and the grocery store.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Racherz
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This is definitely a budget hotel. We stayed one night and should really have looked at the rooms before we checked in. Very dated and not too clean. The beds were old and saggy so not even a real good nights sleep. The chap at the front desk in the morning did not even acknowledge my greeting when we went for breakfast which was quite skimpy. Not recommended unless you are looking for the cheapest rate.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Altadog1
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Similar to previous reviews. This is a 2 Star motel, and the price is very reasonable. The desk clerk was neutral, but did not try to charge me extra. The room was clean, and the beds were dated and swayed in the middle, but they were clean. The heater worked, but the fan did not turn off so we warmed up the room at bedtime and then shut off the heater. Construction was very much like a modular home, but the insulation kept the cold out, but not the noises from next door. Bathroom was clean, and supplies included shampoo. Wi-Fi was unreliable in multiple locations in the building, maybe because of multiple users?. The refrigerator was a little noisy, but it worked well. We did not test the microwave. Breakfast was pretty standard, and almost all offerings were carbs. Protein and fresh fruit would have been appreciated. First time I have ever seen a "Be Quiet" sign in the breakfast room. From the piles of material in the parking lot, it appears that remodeling is in the near future. A budget motel for a budget price. We would probably stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2013

My friend and fellow photographer Tom and I stayed here for 4 nights (booked online) and 1 additional day tacked on the tail end. We arrived in Kanab, after midnight but had telephoned to say we would be late. Upon arrival at check in I asked to use a gift card and pay the balance in cash rather than on my credit card that was used to reserve the room. For my convenience, I'm sure, The manager had already charged my card for the full amount of the stay and had it ready for me to sign. That would be fine I was told, he would reverse the charge. The night manager ran the $100.00 gift card but it was declined. The manager asked if I'd like him to run it for a lesser amount, I said no there is $100.00 on the card and I'd like to use it. We called the card company and were told it's routine for some hotels to take a gratuity on the card of 10 to 20 percent. We ended up just charging it to my card.

When we travel, as photographers we don't need much because not much time is spent in any room and we never use the extras hotels have to offer whether it's a pool, sauna, hot tub etc.. It's only a place to sleep, download images from cards to computers, burn for storage etc. It's good to have a bed but for the most part that's what meets my needs. If the room has a good TV that a plus. We try to be up and out early (missing any breakfast that might be offered by the hotel) and we're back late to transfer images.

The room must have been clean judging by the disinfectant smell. Everything was old but not bad. The TV was gave us about 15 channels but not good reception but then it was a 19" tube set. I woke up pretty late the next morning to a knock on the door, when I opened it I was confronted by an older man who told me three times what he wanted in a language I didn't understand until he finally pushed past me into the bathroom to collect the trash.

When our 4 day stay was over I went to the office to ask if we could keep the room for one more night, fine, only $15.00 more than I had paid for the other nights. The cleaning staff was good but that's about all the positive I can find here. I saved a few dollars but it wasn't worth what I paid.

I should mention our arrival day corresponded with the date of the government shutdown. So Zion, Bryce Canyon and the Grand Canyon were all closed for our first day of shooting and beyond. Great trip huh?

Room Tip: I'm afraid there are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business