“don't stay there!!!!”
Review of Travelodge Kanab

Travelodge Kanab
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I know the phrase "you get what you paid" but this is not the case. I've stay in a lot cheap hotels but this one is the worst of them. We found hairs in our pillow. After asking for a clean one, we were told that they did't have more pillows. The bathroom: horrible, black mold everywhere.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mairis C
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Kanab

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Can't believe this is getting good reviews. My wife was dreading staying here, so we left. Luckily Priceline was able to convince them to give us a refund.

Here's some reasons why: This is the first motel I've ever seen that has you go in through a main door to a 'room block' with your key, and your door is inside a long dark corridor. Usually motels doors are all accessed from outdoors. The entry there was dirty, (could barely see through the glass), the carpet looked old. We opened the room door and it would get stuck open. 2 beds took up most of the room, we went to the window to look out and there was a few feet back there before a fence with no view. a perfect place for someone to come sneak into your room at night. The window latch was broken! so could not lock it. No bars on the window. Turned on the TV, got fuzzy reception, and remote would not change channels. Small TV way up high and could see the cables hanging down. Next, the toilet was always running on, and would do a little 'flush' correction every five minutes to reset. The dark shower may have been clean, but the old fashioned square 'stall' version, was caulked with white caulk over black mold (trapped in the caulking), and so look dirty and my wife refused to set foot in there.

We really expected to see roaches or spiders but luckily did not.

The guy was actually nice about it and explained that they were renovating. That's great but those excuses did not help us out. Maybe people going back after these renos will have a better experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MichCatRat
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I used this hotel for a guys trip. The price was amazing and the location was perfect for out trip to buckskin gulch and to attempt to obtain a permit to go to the wave. We did not get one but it was fun. The room was small but had what we needed to sleep and get out early in the morning. The fridge in the room was a huge plus. the owners were great, they gave us extra towels and anything else we requested. the breakfast was oatmeal, toast, waffles, and cold cereal. nothing spectacular but it was something to fill the gut and get going. I will be going back because we did not see everything we wanted to and it was just great for the price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This met the needs of a place to stay for a few hours while on the road through Kanab although I feel that I spent more than the place was worth. The room was very small with the king bed pushed all the way against one wall. The bathroom and closet could have been better used for more room space. The bed was terrible--too many fat people have slept on it. I ended up just sleeping across the top of the bed (lucky it was a king) and thus did not wake up sore. The heater was very loud and even when it was not actually heating, it was still noisily blowing air. I ended up cranking it up to get the room warm then turned it off and hoped I would be warm enough through the night. Lucky for me, I had to wake up at 4:30 so when I woke up rather cold around 4, I just got up and left.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if you want a good room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2014

If you're looking for a "nice" place to stay, move along from here, but if you want something that's adequate and seems to be the cheapest place to stay in Kanab then this is your place. The entire place needs to be updated but is comfortable enough with the basic amenities. Has a fairly average breakfast available as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My wife had just been released from the hospital and we needed a 'Special Needs' accommodation without a reservation , these wonderful owners provided us with a room, at the last minute, changing a reservation to accommodate us with a room that not only took care of our needs but offered a Microwave, Refrigerator ,a comfortable bed and full service TV at the lowest price I have ever found in the US . A clean room with excellent, considerate service

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The room was quite pricey for what you got, but that seems to be the way things are in Kanab. The whole place needs to be updated with new bathrooms, bedding, carpets, AC (it was quite loud), etc. But, it was decent for one night. The free breakfast in the morning was okay, they had bread, cereal, muffins. The location is good, close to restaurants and the grocery store.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple