Quality Inn
Hampton Inn Kanab(Kanab)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$132
Hampton.com
US$124
Aikens Lodge(Kanab)(Great Value!)
US$106
Best Western Red Hills(Kanab)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$148
Comfort Suites(Kanab)(Great Value!)
US$142
ComfortSuites
All reviewsfront deskwafflesgrand canyonvisitor centernice stayoutdoor poolthe room was niceplace to staychain hotelsmall towncoffee makerrocking vpageblmcerealparksaz
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2008

We were joining a group from this hotel and were given a special rate due to that connection. For the money, I thought this place was a steal! Nice, large, well lit parking lot. Our room was clean, the bed comfortable and the air conditoner worked just fine. Good breakfast! Helpful, polite front desk staff. We were quite pleased!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank imatbobs
Reviewed 3 August 2008

The Quality Inn in Kanab, UT was our home for two nights between visits of the Grand Canyon and Bryce Canyon.

We liked the clean and spacious room equipped with fridge and microwave, nice outdoor pool and the good breakfast with waffles.

On the downside the price was a little elevated, the online AAA rate was more than what walk-in customers with were paying. Internet was spotty on day 2.

I am reducing the rating of the hotel by one point because of Choice Hotel's misleading advertising of the Best Internet Rate Guaranteed when you book through their website. Be advised that the very common AAA, AARP and other rates are NOT covered by this guarantee.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank dl2hbx
Reviewed 4 July 2008

The hotel was ideally located for Zion Np & Bryce Canyon. Had a lovely back drop to mountains. Rooms all accessed from inside the hotel which was a bonus. Rooms, large, well decorated & furnished and extremely clean, & comfortable. Small pool available. Continental Breakfast adequate.

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank hollymist
Reviewed 2 June 2008

hotel on edge of town,modern construction,clean,quiet and comfortable room. spa was not hot enough to enjoy or use. breakfast was continental,yogurt,cereal and fruit,muffins were appreciated and make your own waffles fine.

• Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank Keimanu
Reviewed 30 May 2008

We found this hotel as we were making our way from Moab, UT to Zion National Park. We arrived at 9PM, we didn't have a reservation, in fact I picked it mainly based on it's well-lit parking lot which provided us ample room for parking our truck and car trailer. The fact that we got the last available room and the parking lot was only half full should have been a warning.

We had planned on staying overnight then continuing to Zion later the next day, however once we checked-in and arrived at our room we realized that we were on a floor filled with children from a foreign tour group, which normally would not have bothered myself or anyone else in my group however these were the most mis-behaved children any of us had ever seen! It began with four of them throwing ice at two members of my family as we were coming-up the stairs to our room, it continued with children running from room-to-room, slamming doors, jumping on beds, making as much noise as humanly (or un-humanly) possible. This continued until 10:30PM, at that time we called the front desk and was told that they were not babysitters and there was nothing they could do. Frustrated beyond compare we struck-out on our own to find a chaperon and/or parent. My step-daughters boyfriend finally tracked-down a chaperon (who was 16) and a the tour bus driver. The bus driver was very upset with the chaperon as well and told us that we were not the first ones to complain, however the chaperon was un-willing to alert the parents as he was under strict orders that they were not to be disturbed!

Finally around midnight things quieted-down enough that we could all go to sleep. We had planned on sleeping-in since the previous day had been so long however when the screaming and door slamming began anew at 6AM we quickly gathered our things, grabbed breakfast then checked-
out.

Upon check-out I asked to speak to a manager and was told no one was available then when I explained to the clerk at the front desk about the troubles we'd experienced and asked for some sort of discount (I wasn't asking for a free room or anything, just some sort of compensation) she treated me like I'd asked for directions to the moon! Finally she agreed to knock $20 off our bill but chided me for being rude. We were told later (when we finally located a manager) that tour group was not welcome there again, but that the hotel mainly markets it's self to tour's.

On the bright side the breakfast bar was very well stocked, the room we had was mostly clean (though we found a pair of dirty socks under one of the beds) the hotel seemed to be newer with nice furnishings and as I said earlier there was ample well-lit parking available, however knowing what I know now I think my family and I would have had a better night's rest sleeping in our truck in that well-lit parking lot rather than sleeping in the hotel!

We're planning on being in the area again next spring and we will not be staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Kev250R
Amanda610, Front Desk Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2008

We are very sorry to hear that this was not a plesent stay for you! At this time we know there is nothing we can do to help what has happened and we are sorry for that....

I have talked to our front desk staff, asking why nothing was done about the ice being thrown around, and the staff said that they had asked them twice not to throw the ice and to go to the rooms were they belonged. I am sorry that it didnt seem as though we did anything about it.

As you said you couldnt find the manager to talk to them right off hand, and I am sorry about that I think I am the one you talked to after the fact and as you stated they are not welcomed back here after all the problems we have had.

I am sorry that we couldnt get this fixed for you while you were here but we have been working on getting it fix for the guests to come thanks for bringing this to our attention, and I hope you will give us another chance...

Thanks.