“Nice, newer, clean, friendly.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Nice, newer, clean, friendly.”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I had to review this 5 stars to bring its rating up. This was ten times better than another cheap motel we *were* going to stay in. We drove up at 9pm on a Saturday, without reservations, and the man was very professional, polite, and calm. He helped us out with a nice room on the second floor. It is true there are no elevators here but there is only one second floor here. There was a tour bus that arrived and it was busy, but understandably so, and kudos to them for the bookings.
Lobby was nice, room was clean, nice, good TV, good AC unit, quiet, very clean modern shower unit. Good breakfast with waffle maker, coffee, boiled eggs, bagels, toast, cold cereal and milk, fruit.
Yes, we would recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The best a small town had to offer. We stayed here on our way through Kanab after a long day of driving. It was just perfect for that, I honestly wouldn't stay any longer then needed. Overall it wasn't bad, the staff was nice (okay VERY friendly) always greeting you with a smile or asking if you needed anything. It was easy to get to our room which was just down the hall from the entrance and it was easy check in/out. The rooms were mediocre, seemed a little outdated. I didn't want anything to touch the floor because it didn't seem very clean and the bathroom seemed a little old and in need of some deep cleaning. The sheets were clean and the bed was comfortable.The quality of the continental breakfast was unappealing in my opinion to say that least but to be expected from a hotel like this.
There was a pool under renovation (not sure when that will be completed) and the parking was terrible but it seemed they were working on that as well. It was located in a very convenient location and views were nice of the mountain. I would stay here again if I was passing through and tired from driving. Overall it wasn't a bad experience and we were content with our stay.

Room Tip: Skip the continental breakfast...seems like an excuse for them to charge more and you do not get wha...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank RightWay2
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Kanab is an agreeable town and makes for a convenient stop when visiting the canyons. The hotel is located at the entrance of the town and offers a well-priced stay. Room was spacious with a decent bathroom. Had a very peaceful sleep and a nice complimentary breakfast served from 06:30. The bed was uncomfortable and the mattress worn-out. Sheets not very comfortable. Good value. Parking not that great and fills up quickly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ahlers
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The man at the check-in desk was very nice. I had reservations. I had broken my ankle before I arrived and they do not have an elevator. There were no rooms available on the first floor. The man was so apologetic and sorry that I had to climb the stairs. He even carried my luggage for me, but if you need an elevator this is not the place for you. That particular night there were two tour buses staying there. I tried twice to have a warm bath and just gave up. If there are too many people staying, you may not have a hot bath. The spray for the waffle machine was not in sight and the waffle was a terrible mess. I had to leave it in the machine until it cooled off. The attendant offered to make us another one, but we did not have time. We had some place that we had to be. She did not spend much time in the breakfast area keeping things in order.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Rolling Hills Estates, CA
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Good Comfort Inn with everything you expect from this Chain. Big clean room. Comfortable beds. Wi-Fi OK. Convenient location next to Visitor Center. Great staff. Very good breakfast with enough seating.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Vancouver
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We arrived in Kanab just after sunset . The man at the front desk was very nice and helpful . They are undergoing parking lot resurfacing at the moment , so parking was limited , but everything else was great .
The breakfast area was clean and well stocked . We pigged out on scrambled eggs and sausage that kept us going well into late afternoon . The lobby was beautiful and relaxing .
I would stay here again if I was to stay in Kanab again in the future .
Wifi was terrific all night !

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
MORENO VALLEY
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Newer hotel and everything seems to be in good condition. King room is nice sized with a nice overstuffed chair. Microwave and smaller mini fridge. Large flat screen TV but no HD stations and many stations have poor picture. Not a great selection of stations, many stations you expect are not on here like sy-fy and MSNBC. I don't like bottom floor and they have no King rooms on top floor. My biggest issue here was these are adjoining rooms. Walls have insulation, unfortunately the hollow doors between rooms do not. Hotels should use solid doors to provide sound insulation. Very noisy next-door. I usually avoid adjoining room hotels for this reason and will not stay here again.

This hotel survives on buses and it's very noisy when they come in or leave early in the morning.

Poor communication with owner/manager (I think) when I was making reservations. Photo of King room on website showed nice overstuffed chair and I called to make sure all rooms had a chair like that. He said all rooms have the same chair. Turns out that's not true, double rooms only have dining room type chairs. May not be important to most people but I hate sitting in chairs like that or on the bed to watch TV or use my laptop.

Lots of heavy work going on next to my window, digging in the parking lot, Don't really understand it except there's no 'sleeping in' here, it starts early! Very disruptive atmosphere, LOTS of work going on and it doesn't look like they'll be finished anytime soon. Short on parking. No one ever at front desk.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business