“Purple Sage Beauty”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Purple Sage Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kanab
Purple Sage Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Kanab B&B and Inns
Lubbock, United States
“Purple Sage Beauty”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stepping into the Purple Sage Inn, I felt as I was transported back in time; wearing a long dress and sunhat! The old house was beautiful and the interior was finely appointed with very interesting antiques and pictures. The full breakfast were wonderful and Kathy was even nice enough to share her recipes! Tory and Kathy made us feel very welcome and were great conversationalists. I really enjoyed viewing Tory's wildlife pictures. Our stay was May 21-24, 2013. I only wish it had been longer. I vow to return.

P.S. The cookies were wonderful too!

Debbie, Debbie & Phyllis

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Debbie C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We prefer B&B’s on all our travels and the Purple Sage Inn rates with the best we’ve stayed in. It’s Americana at its finest. Kathy and Tory and their son Corey are wonderful hosts and so down to earth. We stayed there two nights (May 13th & 14th). When we arrived Kathy and Tory were temporarily away from the property so we met Corbin on the front porch doing his math homework (Hope that doesn’t embarrass you Corbin). He was so polite and took us to our room (Zane Grey Room) and then gave us a tour of the property. The home was decorated beautifully with a diverse array of antiques and small items they had uncovered on the property and the lot next door they also owned. The property had incredible landscaping to include an amazing collection of antique farm equipment as lawn art in the huge back yard. That may seem odd but it was just “cool” to see. They maintain a huge garden where they grow vegetables for meals and Corbin sells to locals and tourists during the summer. There is a washer and dryer for guest’s use and the large refrigerator is stocked with a wide assortment of beverages.

Kathy and Tory just made you feel so at home from the outset and went out of their way to accommodate our needs. They have a huge assortment of guide and photo books of all the local sights and provided great recommendations on places to go and see. Tory recommended “The Rocking V” (a 3 minute walk from the Purple Sage) and “Ecobars”. He called the Rocking V and made reservations for us, a must, as it was crowded and the food exceptional. We were going on an early morning guided hike and they were in the kitchen earlier than ususal preparing a breakfast of fresh fruit, pastry and coffee just for us. That evening they had some friends over on the back patio and we were invited to join them for wine. We spent several hours just laughing and talking and my wife and I both commented we just felt like part of their family. The next morning we had the full breakfast and it was about as good as it gets. We highly recommend everyone stay there.

P.S. Corbin, good luck on attaining your Eagle in scouting.

Bill & Brenda

3 Thank Bill M
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

Wow what a pleasant surprise. The outside is so serene and peaceful. The gardens are amazing. However when you step inside it is truly remarkable. It is like stepping back into the late 1800's so many antiques in great shape each room is remarkable in itself. The host Torrey and Cathy are the nicest people. The breakfast was really good. My only regret is that we were not able to stay longer. I will plan our next trip to this area around staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed 19 May 2013

This 1884 house really surprised me. The house is nicely decorated and very well maintained. Every old piece left by Kathy's grand parents and grand parents, maybe, is in good shape. Kathy and Toby are very accommodating as I arrived after 12am. Breakfast in the morning were also one of the best I ever had at a B&B. There were 7 different kinds of fruits, 2 different kinds of coffee, yogurt, toasts, potato, eggs, bacon, ets, for only 3 of us!
Toby sent me a flower before I left for an adventurous day. Very good value for money compared with the one I staged in Page, AZ.

Room Tip: The house is very close to the lottery center for the Wave.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank fannyyudan
Airlie Beach, Australia
Reviewed 15 March 2013

The Purple Sage is the epitome of American hospitality. We arrived after a long drive feeling a little tired and crabby but those feelings left us the minute Kathy greeted us on the porch and welcomed us in. We hadn't had a chance to stop and have dinner so Kathy very kindly offered to heat up some soup for us and it just got better from there. The bed linen was so luxurious it was like sleeping on a cloud and the room and en-suite just beautiful. We have had so many beautiful experiences in our travels but it's hard to beat the personal touch and attention to detail that Kathy provides. The breakfast was perfect in every way and Kathy made it look effortless but you could see the care and attention to every detail. I can't recommend The Purple Sage highly enough and we will definitely return .

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sharan312
New Mexico
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The owner, the building, our room, and the breakfast (including the coffee) were the best ever. Period. We have stayed at many B&Bs, and loved The Purple Sage so much that I would alter my trip route just to stay there again.

Room Tip: The more expensive room on the first floor was well worth it.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Patty036
Ilford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I had booked three nights stay here many months before and could not remember anything about the place when we arrived as we had been travelling in the States since May.On arrival Kathy met us and gave us a tour of the premises,what a lovely surprise we were in for. the house is the second oldest in Kanab and a gem as is Kathy who by the end of our stay became like a friend.14 different types of fruit was placed before us at the start of breakfast and then onto the main courses which included home grown vegetables from their spacious garden,I would say it was more like a brunch than breakfast if I had stayed there for any longer I would have needed a crane to lift me out the house. Kathy did not mind spending time with us talking about the area or advising us where to visit and in the evening we were free to roam about the house or help ourselves to the free soft drinks in the fridge.Our room was spacious with a lovely bed and the toilet and shower room was enormous, this was one of our favourite places to stay, 5 stars easily and my wife still talks about the hospitality we received, talk about value, hospitality and location for the Grand Canyon or Zion two fantastic parks within driving distance..cannot do better than staying at the Purple Sage Inn.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple