“Fantastic, Will and Seth are great guides. Many great photo opportunities.”

Dreamland Safari Tours
Ranked #1 of 22 Outdoor Activities in Kanab
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dreamland Safari Tours delivers unique Scenic Off-Road Adventure Tours with plenty of Photography stops and short hikes mixed in. From the well known sights to those "secret" places only the locals know about, our adventures highlight the best of this wild, vivid landscape. Already designed for everyday people, options are available to fit your time frame, interests, and abilities. Our seasoned naturalist tour guides are simply the best in the business. Loaded heavy duty Suburbans carry up to 25 passengers in air conditioned comfort. Whether you are interested in touring for 3 hours or 3 days, backyard or back country, we are your outdoor connection. Let us do all the work. After all it's YOUR vacation!
Reviewed 3 July 2014

They were also very helpful with refreshments and helping us take photos. Great job guys! We will definitely remember this tour. :)

1  Thank kwilmot
in 11 reviews
"picnic lunch"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I rocked up in Kanab following a trip to Zion National Park, in April 2014. I had begun planning the Toroweap Overlook overnight tour for a good couple of months before I arrived in the US, and Will was always on the other end of the phone, happy to devote time to me to explain how it all worked, what I would see, and why it would be an amazing experience. He didn't always remember who I was when I rang, which is understandble, I'm sure that Dremaland receives a good few calls, and to be fair I rang a lot of times.

I arrived in Kanab eager from staying over the night before, there isn't much to do in the small sleepy town and I was keen to get moving. I stopped off at the McDonalds on the way and got lunch, and we left shortly after midday. Megan, who sorted out all the last minute admin, was lovely to meet and chat with, so deserves a mention here. Turns out I was on the tour with a group of 6 or 7 other Belgians, which was at first intimidating, but ultimately turned out to be a lovely experience and gave me a chance to practice some of my French.

The drive to Toroweap is bumpy and lasts two or three hours. After a small pitstop at the ranger point we arrived at the campsite a little later on in the afternoon, Will having displayed some impressive driving on the way. I was never worried going over the bumps.

I'm not a camper but the set up was impressive, and he was even willing to accomodate my vegetarian preference. Sleeping bags were comfortable, the food was really nice, and the company late into the evening by the campfire was briliant. Will managed to give us all the tips where to go and where to get some good pictures of the overlook, including when to wake up in the morning.

It was a brilliant experience. I'd love to know where you can buy some of those cherry chocolate snack bars as well?!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We did the ultimate tour with Brett who was fabulous. Such a great way to see areas you otherwise would not have access to, learned a lot about the area. Would go again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were guided on this fantastic 8 hour tour by Don Black. Don's extensive knowledge of the area added a great deal to the sights we saw as we walked through three different slot canyons. All three slots had their own distinct character. Even the "roads" we took to access these slots were entertaining to those of us new to the Kanab area. Don provided a great lunch during the tour, and finished the day with a beautiful drive through the Kanab Canyon.

Note: The description of this particular tour on the Dreamland website is very accurate. The first slot canyon is easily accessible for any ability level, but the route to the other two requires some challenging hiking in sand, and it can be very hot in the summer. Thankfully, we knew exactly what to expect from their honest description. The time spent in the slot canyons was well worth it!