“OK”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Compared to the hotel we'd just stayed at in AZ for 3 days, we were happy with Rodeway Inn. The fact that their WiFi was working was a thrill. When I saw the big screen TV and the DirectTV box, I nearly cried. The carpet and beds could use some updating as well, but I'm glad they upgraded the TVs first! My only complaint is the elephant parade happening above us from about 9pm to midnight. My 7 year old was able to sleep through it, but it woke me up at least 3 times. The a/c unit was VERY loud and would have been incredibly helpful in drowning out the noise, but the fan wouldn't stay on. We would stay here again though, I would just ask for a room on the 2nd floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 August 2011

There were no other options in Kanab when my family was visiting the Grand Canyon. The toilet ran all through the first night and the only way to flush it was by sticking my hand down the tank. Loud groups of people were talking outside our room. I didn't feel safe in confronting them myself. Breakfast was lousy. Items not replenished. Coffee and "hot water" pot contained luke warm liquids. The staff doesn't seem to know how to heat water correctly. Staff was rude when questions were asked. Cigarette butts all over the parking lot. I understand what an economy inn represents, but the few services that are offered should be done with quality.
Room was clean, though.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank gwade8307
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We chose a routing via Kanab UT due to the better distance on US89 vs the I-15 to AZ. The trip was last minute and we did not have many options for alternate places to stay but on the Internet the Rodeway looked good for the purpose. This is an old hotel that has not seen much upgrades in some time. The staff were friendly and helpful. The parking lot is a mess. The room and bed were clean although the carpets had seen much of the outdoors and could be steamed cleaned or replaced. There is a small basic continental buffet breakfast with no table to sit down to enjoy it. For a quick sleep, the Rodeway was fine but don't expect anything beyond the basics.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Bad experience, not very clean,and breakfast below zero. We would never ever stay there again.

Room Tip: on the right site in the end of the premises
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2011

My friends and I were a little worried about staying here after reading other reviews, but were pleasantly surprised to find a very clean room with a big TV, microwave, fridge, and a great shower. We stayed here three nights, and actually looked forward to returning to the Rodeway Inn after long days. For the price and location, it really doesn't get any better.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank zandratee
Reviewed 29 May 2011

This hotel tried charged me for 3 nights when we stayed 2. When I tried calling them,
I was forwarded to someone's cell phone. They told me to call back. After 12 times trying to call, I finally got someone on the phone. She was completely confused and couldn't give me any info as to why this happened. Told me she couldn't refund the charge back to my card and I should call my credit card company and dispute the charges. REALLY! I took her advice and did that. 2 hours later, I got a voice message from them telling me I stayed three nights. When I tried calling the number back, I was lost in their call forwarding again. It took me 7 tries to get someone to answer.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank a_traveler_1965
Reviewed 14 October 2010

We stayed here for one night, and got to say its only just ok as a one night stopover.
We were on the 2nd floor, our room was in need of a make-over, it looked very "tired" and had most certainly seen better times, especially the bathroom.
The TV was old and the reception was poor.
Found the bed hard.
Breakfast was very basic and only just ok when comparing it to our other breakfasts we had at other Choice hotels.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo