Aikens Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfree coffeeplace to stayan overnight staybit datedgrand canyonworked greatwalking distance to restaurantsthe main streetold schoolmini fridgesmall poolclean roomswestern legendslarge roomnothing fancysmall townin town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Very clean, no odor, good service, large room with large bathroom equipped with handicap accessible shower. All this and the price was very reasonable. This was the best value during our recent 20 day Southwestern journey. A Double Tree in Santa Fe was second. It is very apparent that the husband and wife owners work hard at providing a great nights stay for their guests. The carpet, sheets, pillows, cover all were in excellant condition.

Room Tip: There is no restaurant nor fitness center. I couldn't change my rating to nothing. Two doors down is the highly rated Rocking V. Plenty of eating/entertaining places within easy walking distance.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2013

When you are tired of all the not so clean (or outright filthy) rooms at the chains and their inconsistent personal service level, check in here and you will find value for every cent spent.
Also, the central location in Kanab is matched by no other hotel.
Happy travels!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cookie655dk
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Clean and neat. Close to attractions, stores, and restaurants. A good place to stay. Rates are fair and everything in our room worked (if you travel much, you know this is not always the case). I would recommend Aiken's Lodge as a simple, clean (very), and honest place to stay. They give you exactly what they say they will. and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Everything works (which is less common than it should be) and the rooms are super clean.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This is a Motel rather than a Hotel and I chose it as it was cheaper than the Holiday Inn. I didnt know that breakfast wasn't available, so I saved nothing .
I arrived late as arranged and there was a message on the door telling the world where the key to my room was. Lucky for me no serial killer was waiting in the room for me.
The room was clean and basic and wifi worked very well.

There were no curtains on the window and as the room was on the ground floor everyone who passed by in the morning had a good look in , The only option was to leave the curtains closed all day .
The church across the road rings its bells every hour. It was definitley the best alarm clock to have " Nearer my God to Thee" pealing out loud and clear in the morning !!!
Receptionist was very friendly when I went to check out.

I wouldn't stay again but would not discredit it if privacy wasn't an issue for you , or if you didn't mind not having breakfast, or if you were an early riser.

Room Tip: Nothing on ground floor unless you want the world looking in your window
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
manageraikens, Manager at Aikens Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Hi, I remember you as a guest. We enjoyed you. I wanted to explain to you that the reason we kept checking on room in AM was because you had no car. Many of our guests leave early, and leave drapes open and key in room. Housekeeping kept thinking you were gone. I even made the same mistake, and looked in your window. Sorry. As far as breakfast if reservation was made on line it says no breakfast plan available. If we served breakfast we would have to raise our rates to help compensate. Also, guests don't want continental breakfast any more, they want hot breakfast or they want nothing. And the restaurants in town would stop serving breakfast if we all served. That would be missed. There are some good breakfast spots out there. As far as leaving the key out, we have done it for late arrival guest for 17 years. Most of the motels in this area without an all night guest clerk do it, and most guests appreciate it. Some guest can not make it by closing. Thanks you for your stay, Krista

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Ok...this review is from a female...but I look for cleanliness and our room scored 5 stars. I esp liked the sparkling shower....even the white grout was clean. It is a regular, large tiled shower (no tub in this room) which I prefer. The room was large. I wish the frig was a little larger to store our freezer pack but a nice hair dryer. No coffee in the room but all you want in the office. Friendly and helpful owners. Great price and so much better than the giant chains Free secure wifi

Room Tip: our room was down from the office....some since there are trucks on the main road but did not interfere with a good nights sleep..
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple