Canyons Boutique Hotel - A Canyons Collection Property
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We had intended to stay at the Holiday Inn, but it was full. What a stroke of luck for us! Instead of the usual commercial hotel, we stayed at this quaint little hotel and slept in super soft sheets and comforters.

Depending on the location of your room, it can be a little noisy when people are coming and going, but very quiet at night.

Our room was small, but I understand others are larger. (I think we got the last one available)

Our only complaint was not enough seating for breakfast. The buffet is exceptional with great food and variety, but we had to wait for two seats to open up so we could sit down. Most everyone coming after us had the same experience.

I would definitely stay again, but make reservations so we get a larger room. And, eat breakfast earlier.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Canyons Boutique Hotel - A Canyons Collection Property

Reviewed 7 January 2013

I don't know if they have room service, I don't think they have a pool... Our destination was skiing in Bryce Canyon, so a good sleep was our main concern, and we got that. This hotel reminds me of a Bed and Breakfast. By the way, I have never slept in a B&B lodging, it gives me the creeps. We went to one, and we walked right out. Bad memories... Back to the Victorian Inn... After finding that they don't have an elevator, I immediately expected the very basic service and accomodations, being that the concept is Victorian - old. To be honest, as I walked passed the bathroom on the way to our room, I silently thought to myslef that I had to deal with sharing the bathroom with all the guests. Sometimes I complain too much, so I decided I was going to be a good sport in the last two days of our vacation, and I would accept whatever is being offered. After all, I believe all the hotels in Kanab caters to nature lovers, hikers, outdoorsman type patrons. I was pleasantly suprised when I walked into room 110, quaint, quiet, with a nice king bed, super clean sheets (I thought I smelled too much bleach on the sheets though), a huge screen tv, and the room's own washroom with a romantic red heater lamp, and it's own toilet!!!! No toilet sharing!! Yay!!! We paid $79 on the off-season pricing, good deal!!

Room Tip: Room 110 is located next to a side street, but there were no traffic and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We stayed in Victorian Inn for one night during our Thanksgiving trip to Utah. It is centrally located to all national parks and attractions in the area -Zion (East Entrance), Grand Staircase Escalante, Bryce, Paria Canyon. It is also close to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Kanab, UT. We were going to Coyote Buttes area in Paria Canyon "the Wave" the next day, and Kanab was the closest town to the area coming from the East side. Victorian Inn is easily found right on the side off the road as you enter Kanab, it is quite close to the only highway going through Kanab but it was not an issue during out stay, our windows were facing a side street and it was very quiet the whole time. The hotel itself and the room on the second floor were beautiful - very tastefully appointed. Like previous reviewers said, it is more of a B&B style and each room has unique style. There is no pool or hot tub, and a very small exercise room on the first floor. Each morning there is a breakfast in the lobby with made-to-order omelettes, and standard breakfast fare, cereals, yogurts, fruits, waffles etc.. We did not request housekeeping service as we were staying only one night, but the room looked very clean when we arrived, and the service overall was great. Best of all the Inn was very reasonably priced at about ~$70 a night, considering a very convenient location, beautiful setting, and a tasty breakfast, it is a bargain. We would be back next time we are in Kanab.

Room Tip: Some rooms have jacuzzi tubs.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank merryl8
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We stayed at the Victorian Inn on our way south to Arizona. What a beautiful place! The room was gorgeous - four poster beds, gas fireplace, armoire, big dresser. All heavy beautiful wood. There was even a table for the computer and a bar fridge. Everything was spotless. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast in the morning was good. The Inn was within walking distance of many places in town we'd like to explore next time. Yes, we'll be back!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I booked this hotel for a one night stay on my way to the Best Friends animal sanctuary. I was not disappointed. My cousin and I shared a double queen room. It was on the first floor near the staircase. The room was spacious, pillows comfy, and very clean. It was also attractively decorated, as was the whole hotel. check in was super easy and the attendant pleasant. Upon checking in, they ask you and your party to fill out a menu, so they have an approximate on how much breakfast to prepare. The breakfast was very good. Scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal, yogurt, breads, bagels and all the fixings. The bathroom was a tub/ shower combo and very roomy. Check out was simple, we left the keys in the room, and left. We would have easily stayed there another night, but we had a cabin at Best Friends booked.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 7 November 2012

My husband and I stayed Nov. 3rd and 4th. We had a very nice room with a large bathroom. We were in room 202. The gas firplace was nice but the room got a little too hot. Staff friendly and accomodating. Hot breakfast in the morning was nice. My husband is a huge Formula One fan and they set it up so he could watch it at 4:30 am in the breakfast area so he did not have to wake me. Definitley go to the Rocking V for dinner, it is unbelievable. We ended up there 2 nights as well.

Room Tip: request room 202 king bed very spacious and a huge bath. I asked if all the rooms were that large an...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jEAN
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

This place was great! Not a hotel and not a bed and breakfast but somewhere in between. It's very clean and the decor is beautiful. We got a standard room and there was a gas fireplace included, which was very nice. The beds were very comfortable. Location was a nice spot in town. Breakfast was included in the morning....a warm breakfast! This was a fantastic value and I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Kanab!

• Stayed: November 2012