“Fantastic SW style and warm Motel and Owners”

Canyons Lodge - A Canyons Collection Property
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I've always loved Kanab because of Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, the most progressive animal rescue, rehabilitation, adoption and no kill sanctuary in the world. In my several visits, I have noticed little oasis,' such as this motel, popping up in this small town of less than 5000 folks and many rescued animals.

At first, this small two story motel on the main drag doesn't look like too terribly much...until you walk into the office and meet either of the owners Travis or Matt. Then they offer you a complimentary glass of wine...really in Utah, we can get free alcohol?

Then we notice the tiny kidney shaped pool is filled with the motel guests, including our own kids...so what if it's small, we want to hang out here!

Rooms are wonderfully decorated... with all updated with all the amenities, including terry robes. The only downside is that our downstairs neighbors complained that our kids were being too loud...hmmm, partly true. Suggest if you have kids, request a first floor room and bring plenty of duct tape!!

Hearty continental breakfast included and good coffee! Something you don't find often when traveling.

Will definitely be a repeat experience. : )

Room Tip: If you have kids, stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Shelley C

Reviewed 27 June 2013

We just returned from Kanab, UT, where we were visiting our son at Wingate Wilderness Therapy. When I went online to search hotels, there were cheaper options, but I knew this would be a difficult trip, and thought staying somewhere that didn't have a corporate brand stamp might be comforting; Was I ever right! Canyon's Lodge feels more like visiting your hip, younger brother’s house, rather than a Motor Lodge. "What makes it so special?" you might ask. It could be the personal card that was (almost;-)) in our room at check-in, the ice cold lemonade delivered while I was on the patio reading, the cruisers available for a ride around town, the yummy sausage nuggets for breakfast that looked strange yet were tasty, or the bedsheets so soft I felt like I was sleeping on angel's wings. It was all fabulous! My only complaint is that the firepit, with lively conversations amongst travelers from around the globe, and the glass of wine quickly offered, kept me up past my bedtime. We will definitely return to Canyon's Lodge when we go to pick up our son. Thanks for the comfort during a highly emotional time for us. Travis and Matt rock!! And the Canyon's Lodge Does Not Suck!

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Wonderful tasteful gem ! Truly quaint and stylish! Every comfort one would want. The decor is outstanding, and very comfortable. The details are amazing, from the bicycles any guest can use, to the personalized welcome card, to the the keys to the room. Warm and friendly greetings at the desk, and the owners take great pride in the establishment. Very clean and so well cared for. You can tell they love what they do, and I feel confident it will be a must stop every time your in kanab.

Room Tip: Seems to me ALL rooms are the right room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MARCIA C
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Simply amazing! The room was small, but great, very clean and amazingly comfortable. On top of that, because it was small, it was a lot cheaper!
They have a few cruiser bikes that they loan out for riding around town which is amazing.

Room Tip: Cozy Queen - Small, but Perfect
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Our family stayed at the Canyons Lodge and loved it! Quaint hotel that is super clean, super comfy and everyone we talked with on staff is amazingly friendly, helpful and very courteous! Kanab is an adorable little town and we enjoyed the complimentary bikes that CL offered to ride around on. I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We came to stay in Canyons lodge after reading great reviews on tripadvisor. This place was everything we read and more. Clean cozy comfortable room with everything you need, fridge, caffe maker, pool outside. Hosts very friendly and helpful with info on hiking in the coral send dunes at sunset. When we came back we set at the fire pit in the yard and listened to music on speakers. Later Travis came out with wine for all of us.
In the morning we had a breakfast with hear loom hardboiled eggs and wonderful pastries.
Great stay!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed one night in single bed room on June 3rd 2013. Room was clean and comfortable. A little small, but there was a nice seating area just outside my room and also near the pool. Host were very helpful suggesting a trail I might want to hike. I will stay longer next time to check out the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Matt W, Owner at Canyons Lodge - A Canyons Collection Property, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Thank you! I appreciate you letting other travelers know that our single queen (cozy size) rooms are just that - cozy and small - but very clean and comfortable. We've put a lot of focus on a relaxing and comfortable outdoors area so our guest can enjoy the wonderful Kanab weather and magnificent views.
We look forward to welcoming you back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kanab
Canyons Boutique Hotel - A Canyons Collection Property
Days Inn & Suites Kanab
Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort
Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort
#3 of 5 in Zion National Park

Been to Canyons Lodge - A Canyons Collection Property? Share your experiences!