Canyons Lodge - A Canyons Collection Property
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfire pitcozy queenone nightglass of winelog cabincomplimentary bikeswelcome cardsmall roomdinner reservationssister propertyboutique hotela wonderful staygranolastayed longergrand canyoncomfy bednext morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were here for 6 nights with our 3 adult daughters, specifically to volunteer at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. Thanks to all the help we got from Travis and others, we visited other beautiful sites, also. Everyone was very friendly and willing to share their knowledge about the area. When we return, we won't consider staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jo Anne T
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Yes, it is a small, older motel that has been extensively remodeled. However, it is wonderful and the new owners have added lots of extra touches. If you want huge rooms with huge bathrooms a tub spa and room service, look elsewhere. If you want a clean room and bath, nice pool area complete with floating lounges (plus pool toys for older kids), free bicycles to ride around town, free breakfast, bathrobes, refrigerator in the room, Q-Tips in the bathroom, and a nice sitting area out front, then check this place out!

Travis was in the front office within 2 minutes of our arrival. Free ice-cold lemonade waited on the front desk counter. He gave us recommendations about area attractions and dinner options. They have a menu box at the front desk with menus from many of the local restaurants. How nice to check out the menu offerings and prices before deciding where to go eat.

We got to meet the resident K-9 Husky (Sebia) and enjoyed the time to relax after driving into town. Canyons Lodge is on Kanab's main drag (US89) at the north end of town, but at night there was hardly any traffic. We opened the window and slept with it open all night. Couldn't hear any noise from the rooms next door.

We were a bit reluctant to book because other reviews talked about the small rooms, but we had 3 adults in our group and had plenty of room. Give Canyons a chance! We will be back for sure!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TCinPhx
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Not much nicer than 2 star motels to stay at in kanab. We had the bigger room with 2 queen beds and besides the tiny bath it was adequate. The Motel is on the street but the air conditioner unit ran and kept the street noise down. The reception area was tiny, no lobby and every time we went there no was around. They own the hotel next door and that is where we found the the clerk.

Room Tip: Get the 2 queen room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Matt W, Owner at Canyons Lodge - A Canyons Collection Property, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Hi James,

Thanks for your review of our 'remolded' property. ;-) I am sorry we didn't meet your expectations. Fortunately, we are thrilled with our top ranking on tripadvisor and the daily praise we receive from our guest telling us consistently we are the best place they have stayed during their entire vacation throughout the Southwest and how enjoyable we've made their vacation.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I liked this place very much, it seemed to me to be at home. The room was very Tipical and nice. The man at the reception made a riservation at the restaurant for me. Everything was perfect and well organized.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pibus G
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stay in Kanab, UT several times a year for work. The hotels I usually stay at were booked, so I was referred to the Canyons Lodge. They had one "cozy queen" room available. I asked to see the room before I booked, and found their description of Rustic Chic to be totally appropriate! The room I have is small, but nicely refurbished, and totally functional. It's very clean, has nice bedding, a small fridge and microwave. The parking with my large work truck is easy, and close to my room. The price is very reasonable, and the owner was very welcoming. On my next trip to Kanab this will be the FIRST hotel in which I'll try to reserve a room.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with more than one adult, the "cozy queen" room might be a bit too cozy for larger people. I would ask if they something a bit larger.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business