“Great lodge in quaint town”

Quail Park Lodge - A Canyons Collection Property
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Quail Park lodge is a (tastefully) restored 1950's era roadside hotel. It will never get many stars but they do a lot of things right.
They seemed really glad to meet me upon check-in. When I got to my room there was a hand written thank you note on my pillow (Take note big chains). The rooms have been updated and have flat screen TV's with a nice Direct TV channel package, mid sized refrig, and extremely comfortable beds an linens. You do hear a bit of road noise but it did not keep me from having a great nights sleep.
I would recommend this to anyone staying in Kanab.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 February 2014

When I came around the corner and saw this small, travel-lodge type of motel, admittedly I was a bit disappointed. I was very pleasantly surprised to find what a charming, comfy, and stylish place it turned out to be. The inn-keeper, Ladd, was very welcoming and helpful. My room was very clean, stylish, and most importantly, comfortable. I would most definitely recommend this property!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Don't judge the book by its cover.
Rooms are modern and well appointed and comfortable. The host is courteous and generous with afternoon wine and cheese, and am coffee and snacks. Quite a bargain, but compares to Big Name accomodations

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I liked this place well enough to have come back to it. The rooms are very nicely redecorated... I thought the glass sinks were cool (and I could never have one at home -- you'd have to clean it every day, but in a hotel, that happens). And there were nice touches you don't see a lot, like a little Q-tip receptacle in the bathroom, and oh yes, free phone calls to thruout the US (and another few countries, but not everywhere). There were two minor functional issues: the window has venetian blinds, but no light proof drapes (although there's what looks like a slide for them), so the room got light from the parking area. And the shower tended to run out of hot water just as I was finishing. Still, I'd come back again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This motel is right out of the 50's and has loads of style. As soon as you enter the office, you indeed are transported to another era with excellent antiques and knockoffs that make the place. The rooms are your typical size motel room but each one has been beautifully restored with vintage and lovely new furniture, wall art, etc. it's a fun place, with nice people in the middle of a lot of fun places. Go for it.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014

When I found this motel on the internet, I immediately wanted to stay there based on their photos alone! We went on a 7 day road trip to numerous National Parks throughout Utah, and this motel is very close to both Zion and Bryce Canyon. The town of Kanab is super tiny (that coming from someone who lives in Los Angeles, mind you) but charming. The Quail Park Lodge is by far, the coolest hotel in town. The decor is fantastic and unlike almost all motels you find on the road, and especially in a small town where there are numerous dated motels that have decided not to update a thing. The linens where white and fresh and the bedding was cozy (though they could update the pillows to down, as I must admit they were a bit lumpy) and the room was comfy as well. I was hoping we would have gotten one of the more colorful and quirky King Bed rooms featured on the website, (I did request it, but I know it's first come, first serve) but instead we got a room way in the corner that was painted in earth neutrals and did not have the set of chairs out infront of our door. When I asked to see other room options, I saw two other rooms in the same earthy color palette, so we stayed with what we were given and it was ultimately just fine. Seeing as this motel went for it, and trasnformed an otherwise dreary dated motel into a fantastic modern, vintage-esque colorful motel -- why not transform all the rooms as colorfully, so no one is let down that they didn't get what is featured on your website? Just a suggestion, as this motel only has a handful of rooms. There was a refrigerator & microwave in the room, but not a coffee maker, however they did have a free breakfast of croissants and coffee and tea in the front office area. The bathroom was small, but again, the decor was fantastic and the tile and paint were gorgeous! And regardless of my critical commentary, overall we loved the place and were impressed to see someone think outside of the box and use color, charm, texture and style to spruce up an old motel. I just wish I got to sleep in that room surrounded in turquoise walls!

Room Tip: You can ask, but you may not get what you ask for. The rooms facing the main street have chairs inf...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2013

You want the coolest place to stay in Kanab? (I am NOT kidding)
You want an unforgettable detour from Zion, or enroute to Grand Canyon? Or just want a comfy wilderness escape from Vegas?
You gotta try this little gem!

The service gets a 12 on a scale of 10! Efficient on phone; helpful at check-in with food recommendations; spotless rooms with lovely bedding! Rooms were spacious -- Plenty of parking, yet perfect location in town. I cannot say enough good things... it was a superb value! We would love to return.

We stayed here prior to a day trip with DreamLand tours (also highly recommended!)
So this location put us just a quick drive over to Lake Powell or down to the Canyon for our next adventure.

Thanks Travis!

Room Tip: I don't know if it's on their website but there's a suite with 2 big beds and a pull out...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family