“Retro is Cool”

Quail Park Lodge - A Canyons Collection Property
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Thank you Ladd for making our stay at the Quail Park Lodge so wonderful. This is a great place to stay while visiting Zion, Bryce Canyon and Scenic Hwy 14. The rooms are decorated perfectly, every guest respectful and quiet after hours so that you can get a good night's sleep before the hikes planned for the next day. Continental breakfast was great and the coffee fresh and hot each morning. We had #2 near the end across from the pool. Do not be fooled by the "old" exterior. The rooms are updated with every modern convenience done in a retro style (microwave and refrigerator are "retro"). It is the last motel in town so be patient you will find it. It made getting to Zion even faster.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Quail Park Lodge - A Canyons Collection Property

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was the most interesting place I've stayed in a long time. I am a Hampton Inn kind of person - I want consistent comfort and reliable amenities. Quail Park Lodge is in a league of its own. When we drove in to this 1950's style motor inn, I thought, "uh-oh" but Trip Advisor has never let me down. This motel was fun and comfortable. I have never been to a motel where you have bathrobes. I sat outside and watched the sun set on the rocks and life was good. I wish this was a chain. Now Hampton Inn seems dull.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2014

When we pulled up this place, my head dropped and we wondered what we would find in the rooms as it looks to be an 'old' motel (we booked to stay nearly 12 months ago & this was one of many places we were staying).

When we got into the room, I immediately got my camera out and took some pictures - the first time I'd felt the need after being in USA for 12 days with 12 different hotels.

In the evening there was a gas powered fire pit.... just right for the chilly evening.

The room was just lovely, well thought out decor wise. Breakfast was a simple affair, but nice. The owner was very helpful. Pity I won't be travelling that way again, would definitely stay there again if I were to be in Kanab.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2014

After a long drive from Shoshone, CA., it was great to find an "boutique" older motel. The emphasis had obviously been placed on guest comfort with the remodelling. The bed was extremely comfortable and that's what you want when your tied. The managers where extremely helpful with local info which we put to hood use. Would easily recommend this establishment.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Quali lodge was quite a wonderful surprise! Set in the middle of the beautiful town of Kanab, it offered free bikes to roam, wonderful breakfast, a smiling Mr Ladd at the desk and a very comfortable stay. I would stay here again and actually....hope that happens soon!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My wife and I were heading home to Mesa, AZ from Yellowstone, after a long day of driving we were looking for a place to stay in Kanab and stopped at The Victorian, a beautiful Hotel, they didn't have any rooms and said they had 1 room left at the Qual Park Lodge. We went there and when we pulled in we thought "Oh, it's one of these places" however when I went in the office I knew this place was different. The attention to detail was wonderful, the rooms are very clean and comfortable. Each room is decorated differently. There are bikes for guests to ride around so the next morning we rode up to another of their lodges, The Canyon Lodge to check it out. When we got there we met the owner, Matt, he was watering the plants and we had a pleasent conversation with him about the Lodges. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, this place isn't a boring motel with cookie cutter rooms, it has character and was a fun place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Delightful, very well done renovation, pool a pleasant relief from hot day, very attentive (but not intrusive), accommodating and professional staff. Highly recommended. Reminded us of youthful road trip accommodations - but better.

Room Tip: Suites are quiet and large
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple