“Great place to stay!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, FL
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 17 February 2009

Great quality for the price! Gives a discount to Best Friends volunteers, and welcomes Best Friends sleepovers, as well as personal pets. Staff goes out of their way to take care of you. It snowed one night during my stay and owner brushed off everyone's cars prior to 8 am the next morning.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Grand Canyon, AZ
Reviewed 10 February 2009

We stayed here when we came up to adopt a dog from Best Friends Animal Santuary. When I told them that we were there for that. We got a discount. Plus the room was great. We had a suite. It had a seperate bedroom with a guen bed, and the living area with a gueen bed and a gueen sleeper sofa. The seperate bedroom had a electric fireplace wihich was nice a cozy. The beds were great and there was a microwave and refrigerator in the room.. The managers were great. There was coffee, fruit and donuts in the morning. The fruit was available all the time. They are very pet friendily.

• Stayed February 2009
Syracuse, Utah
Reviewed 12 January 2009

Pros: Clean rooms, down comforters, soft towels, cable TV, cheap price

Cons: hard and uncomfortable beds, freezing cold bathroom, no hot water in sink, noise from the road and trying to get the heater working properly kept us awake most of the night

This place isn't terrible, but there are better places to stay in Kanab. It's worth the extra expense, in my opinion. This motel is best if you need a place that accepts pets.

• Liked — down comfortors
  • Disliked — cold room and cold water
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
QuailPark, Owner at Quail Park Lodge - A Canyons Collection Property, responded to this review, 20 January 2009
Hello, I'm very sorry to hear about these items that made your stay less than comfortable. Unless we are made aware of these problems, there is no way for us to correct them and we have received no feedback either in person or from in-room comment cards about these issues - please let us know what room you were in so we can correct.

Because we are supporters of Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Kanab and our guests traveling with their dogs, we do have a 3 rooms designated as 'dog-friendly'.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 7 January 2009

This is a great little lodge. Room was a bit on the small side, but we managed. Clean and quiet (in spite of street construction on two sides. Very comfortable beds. Good water pressure in the shower. We had a bit of difficulty adjusting the A/C--minor inconvenience. Under new management. They had coffee and donuts in the lobby.

• Liked — Comfortable Beds
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 1 January 2009

I stayed at The Quail Park Lodge while I was volunteering at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary and the motel was great. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The beds are cozy with white bed linens and warm comforters. Managers Jim and Sherri are very kind and helpful. They gave me lots of recommendations about where to find vegetarian food in town. They shared their eggplant dinner with me one night. Jim cleared my car of snow in the mornings and shoveled me out when I got stuck. They couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. It was a dog-friendly room and people can bring their own pets or take one of the Best Friends dogs on a sleep-over. JIm and Sherri also have a dog and cat to greet you in reception. The one thing I was not so keen on was the green carpet, however I don't like carpet anywhere. It would have been nicer to have the bamboo flooring which is used in the motel's reception. Fruit was always available at the front desk, as was a free computer/internet access, which I made ample use of. I was there for 3 weeks on my own and I felt very safe at all times and knew Jim and Sherri were always there if I needed anything.

• Liked — pet-friendly policy, friendly managers, comfortable beds
  • Disliked — green carpet, oldish bathrooms
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, Ga
Reviewed 12 December 2008

My husband and I needed to find a place to stay for 4 nights while volunteering at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary just up the road from Kanab. We picked the Quail Park Lodge after reading such great reviews on TripAdvisor , which turned out to be an excellent decision. Jim and Sherri (the managers) couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. We really appreciated the hot coffee and fresh fruit that made up our breakfast each morning. And Lexus (the dog) and Baby (the cat) made the place feel that much more like home. The bed was super comfortable, we put the in-room microwave and fridge to good use, and the room was super quiet. The only negative (and it wasn't a deal breaker) was the varying water pressure in the shower, as well as keeping the water temperature constant. Not a deal breaker, though. We'll definitely return to the Quail Park Lodge for our next volunteer stint at Best Friends -- can't imagine staying anywhere else!

• Liked — Great bed and terrific managers
  • Disliked — Shower water pressure and maintaining water temperature
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Karin-ATL
Boise
Reviewed 9 December 2008

I always prefer a small hotel to a chain hotel and The Quail Park Lodge fit the bill perfectly. From the hotel staff to the very clean & comfortable room, I can only say that I will be back. I drove from Phoenix to Kanab in my new Audi. The gentleman at the front desk went the extra mile by recommending a parking spot that would be safe for my new car. I loved the greeting by "Baby" the long-haired Siamese kitty. What a sweetie.

I highly recommend this darling retro style hotel to anyone and everyone. My stay could not have been any better. The Quail Park Lodge is truly a gem in this beautiful region of Utah.

• Liked — Single level facility, modern interior, comfortable beds
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled solo