“really nice, clean and comfortable”

Quail Park Lodge - A Canyons Collection Property
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
GreenLeadersBronze level
boston
“really nice, clean and comfortable”
Reviewed 30 March 2009

We had a nice three night stay. They were friendly, especially the cat. The beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Mill Creek
Reviewed 26 March 2009

I stayed at the Quail Park Lodge in January of 2009 and had a great experience. The rooms have been remodeled and they did a great job using high quality items. The beds are REALLY comfortable - they are triple sheeted (I really appreciated it because the hotel I had just stayed at in Vegas didn't have fitted sheets and I'd end up on the mattress - gross and annoying!) down like comforters, throw blankets (no disgusting weird "cover" like most hotels!) etc. There are mini fridges in the room which is a nice touch. The rooms are fairly small but it’s fine. I was so impressed by it that while I was at a lookout on my way back one evening I ran in to two women who were traveling and I suggested they stop and stay at the Quail Park Lodge. They rented the room without even looking at it, which apparently they’ve never done. They came to my room and thanked me by offering to take me out to dinner because they were as happy with Quail Park as I was! They allow sleepovers (If you volunteer at Best Friends you can take a dog for an overnight trip if you’d like) and also provide a discount to people who volunteer at Best Friends. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
st.george, ut
Reviewed 17 March 2009

We were having a dog on a sleep over from Best Friends. The owners were very nice and accommodating. I was a little nervous booking a room considering how old the property was, but it was very nice and clean. It's obvious that it has been remodeled recently. My son and I will definitely do this trip again. I would recommend this motel. Thanks!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank utstgeorge
Palm Springs, CA
Reviewed 14 March 2009

This is a charming little motel just remodeled. They offer new beds with quality linens and towels, microwave, fridge,internet, and even Q-tips!!! Cheryl and Jim have coffee and donuts out at 7am to get you started. I highly recommend Quail Park Lodge as the best value in Kanab, bar none. We volunteer at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary which is 5 miles away. Don't miss this gem. I've stayed in three other motels in Kanab and this one outshines allm of them.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank skyking707
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 13 March 2009

I stayed at Quail Park at the beginning of March. I was in Kanab to volunteer at Best Friends. Quail Park is suggested by Best Friends, and several of the rooms here allow pets so I didn't do any further research and booked Quail Park at Best Friends' suggestion.

Driving into Kanab there are many choices in hotels and motels. There are many motels of the smaller variety like Quail Park, and there are also brand name places to stay as well. I'm not sure that I would have chosen Quail Park just driving through town, but I'm glad that Best Friends suggests them.

The rooms are basic and clean, but there are many upgrades to the typical motel room. They have down comforters and trendy bedding which are quite comfortable. The entire room was completely remodeled. The heating unit worked just fine. Two soft robes were provided which I enjoyed using. The TV is just a basic unit but cable TV was provided with plenty of channels that came in clear.

The owners provide free coffee, tea and fruits in the mornings. They are very nice people. They have a dog and cat themselves. I brought home a sleepover dog from Best Friends each night and one morning the owner saw us and came over to pet the dog. He is a very nice guy and both owners seem like they would go out of their way to please their customers. Infact the night I was to check in I was running late on my drive from Las Vegas, and the owners put an envelope with my name on it on the office door with the keys and a note to have a good night and that they would see me in the morning. That is a nice personal touch, and something that will keep me coming back again.

Overall I suggest this property for those going to Best Friends or for those desiring basic accomodations. Even those who want something a bit nicer should consider Quail Park, due to their updated bedding, robes, free WIFI and free morning coffee and fruit.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
India (winter 2007)
Reviewed 11 March 2009

Spectacular rooms, immaculately cleaned and maintained. The furniture looks like a showroom from a high end store, beautiful dark woods, freshly painted walls, fresh new sheets. A friendly and helpful couple runs this remodeled motel, along with an friendly office cat and dog. The exterior of the lodge is clean and well maintained, but you may be nervous at first sight, if only because so many of it's kin from classic area of the American roadway have turned into disasters. You will not be disappointed though. Simply wonderful, a great experience.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sdgiant
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 17 February 2009

Great quality for the price! Gives a discount to Best Friends volunteers, and welcomes Best Friends sleepovers, as well as personal pets. Staff goes out of their way to take care of you. It snowed one night during my stay and owner brushed off everyone's cars prior to 8 am the next morning.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo