“Comfort of home”

Quail Park Lodge - A Canyons Collection Property
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 June 2009

My sister,niece and I so enjoyed our stay here. My sister was so thrilled when she saw the motel for the 1st time. She had always wanted to stay at a motel like this-vintage. You can tell alot of work and care have been put into upgrading this motel. The rooms are very clean,beds so comforable and the linens high quality. We also felt very safe since we were 3 women traveling together. Jim(manager) was very friendley and helpful. We also loved the lobby kitty since we were here to volunteer at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary and we were given a discount for the motel for doing so. Fruit,donuts and coffee was in the lobby every morning for breakfast which saved us so much time before we went to work with the cats. The bikes were great too that you could ride around Kanab at a slower pace and enjoy the town. Internet access in the lobby which was so convienent to print out boarding passes. We will be back to stay at this lovely place. Thanks for making our girls vacation a special memory.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank TouristQueen
Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed 26 June 2009

If you want to visit the southern Utah national parks and be close to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Kanab offers a central location. Along the main road, inns, hotels, and motels abound, and yet there was not question on my mind that by choosing Quail Park Lodge we made the right choice. The motel can be easily overlooked from the road, but its value is uncovered only once you walk into the office and then into your room. The spotless room is elegantly decorated, and the bathroom is spacious. The dressing room is both functional and well located for privacy. The hosts are warm, friendly and helpful, and the presence of their little dog Lexy and beautiful Angora cat Baby brings an extra bonus to animal lovers. We had a great time and will recommend this place to all our friends.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2009

This is a great find in a small town perfectly located between the Grand Canyon's North Rim, Zion and Bryce National Parks. An intimate, friendly motel as opposed to a big box type national chain where a guest is just another credit card holder. Jim and Sherri Williams, their dog Lexi and Siamese cat are in evidence from morning to night watching their property with pride. And so they should; they gutted the old motel and completely refurbished inside and out with lovely comfortable beds and fluffy towels, flat screen TV, microwave and fridge. The bathrooms have great guest amenities - top of the line soaps and even a robe for a visit to the small, crystal clear pool. This is the way to relax after a strenuous day enjoying our national treasures.

Reviewed 23 June 2009

Very clean and comfortable rooms! Many are dog-friendly, and are still incredibly clean!! Pastries and coffee in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2009

The rooms were clean with no animal smells at all! I loved that I could have my three dogs with me on my vacation. The decor was very pretty and modern. The owner was able to accomodate us when we wanted to stay an additional night. The high speed internet worked great! I had no problems connecting. Kanab is a nice, quiet town. It felt very safe to walk the dogs at night. I felt very safe in our rooms and did not worry about leaving my belongings there. Walking around town and looking at the other motels, I was very glad I had chosen Quail Park Lodge. It is very quaint, clean and quiet. The owner spends time sitting on the porch, talking to guests which makes it feel homey and safe. I can hardly wait to return next year! My only regret is that I couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2009

Visited Utah from Michigan for the first time. Stayed in St. George three nights and traveled to Kanab for a four night stay at Quail Park Lodge. Read reviews on Quail Park and decided to book which was a great decision. We enjoyed the fruit provided at the office, especially since we took day long trips and could enjoy it during our rides. Kanab is a wonderful medium point to branch out from and see the many sites available in Southern Utah. It was always enjoyable to come home to Quail Park Lodge. I would also recommend Fernando's Hideaway for great Mexican Food.

Reviewed 22 June 2009

We had a week vacation booked in Park City and decided to take a trip to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary and see the sights in southern Utah. We were in a non-pet room which was clearly recently renovated and I have to say it was much better than I expected. Wireless was a nice surprise and while I've seen complaints about water pressure and temperature we had no issues at all. We were thrilled with the pressure compared with the place we were staying in Park City.

The quirkiness of the staff was refreshing and the fruit and doughnuts were good to have.

Overall, Kanab is a great base for exploring Zion, Bryce Canyon and Grand Canyon. Don't forget to visit Best Friends and the drive to Coral Pink Sands.