“OK to sleep”

Best Western Red Hills
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Staff unfriendly, not helpful. Breakfast very poor quality (at least what we had). Egg were like rubber, overcooked. Muffins stale. Ice not handy, need to walk out by pool to find ice, again staff not very helpful in finding the ice machine. Would not stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Ed N, General Manager at Best Western Red Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

I am sorry to hear your experience was anything less than excellent. We work hard to provide superior customer care, as you can see from numerous other customer comments, so I am concerned that you felt the staff was unfriendly. I would be happy to discuss your particular situation, please call me anytime to discuss.

E Nelson, GM

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Red Hills is a very nice hotel and the staff is excellent. They are very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The location of the Red Hills hotel to all of the attractions in the area make it the perfect place to stay. We would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Kanab area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Ed N, General Manager at Best Western Red Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thank you for giving us a 5 star review. I am happy you had a great stay and hope you can come back soon. The location of the Best Western Red Hills is excellent for seeing all the sights that Southern Utah has to offer.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We traveled with another couple and stayed in a family, 2 bedroom space. The bedrooms were very comfortable and spacious. With the help of the friendly personnel, we chose the second floor rooms that included a nice porch for us to sit on and enjoy the wonderful view. This was my second time staying in a years time and enjoyed it both times. This is the perfect place to stay between visiting the Canyons. Very nice restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Ed N, General Manager at Best Western Red Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for your review of the Best Western in Kanab Utah. I am glad you liked our family suite and the outdoor patio. I agree, we have several excellent restaurants nearby. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stayed here for two nights and had a wonderful room very large and roomy, we had all the mod cons you expect from Best Western, there was an Ice machine next door also a washing machine and dryer room which was good value for the charge, Breakfast was plentiful. We spent quite a few hours around the pool, clean and towels provided. We rebooked to return on the Saturday instead of going strait back to Vegas.

Room Tip: Very good location for film buffs
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ed N, General Manager at Best Western Red Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for giving us the highest review possible, I am so glad you had a great stay. At the Best Western Red Hills it is our goal to provide superior customer service. Look forward to seeing you again!

E Nelson GM

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Our room smelled very musty. We used our Febreze - helped a little bit but not enough. Opened the window - road noise was too much to bear. Closed the window. Held my nose. Next morning asked cleaning staff to help. She sprayed. Better but not good. Room was between two floors. Hard to navigate our luggage. And me with my walking cane. The desk clerk didn't even explain what we were getting into. We were the last guests to arrive whom they had a room for. No choice but to stay and put up with it. Our reservation was made 2 months in advance.
Breakfast: Trying to get some was like competing with a pack of dogs. Yes it was "free". Too many people trying to eat in small quarters. Food was fuel - and that's all. Won't stay in a Best Western ever again. I'd rather sleep in my car and get breakfast at the drive-in restaurant.

What was good about the place? Fitness center had top-of-the-line almost-new Cybex equipment and it was close to the National Parks we wanted to visit. Lesson learned? Read the Trip Advisor reviews.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Ed N, General Manager at Best Western Red Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with your stay, it is our goal to exceed all of our guest expectations. Please feel free to call me anytime to discuss your concerns.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The rooms seemed dated and could use an upgrade. The hotel is centrally located with easy access. There are several restaurants are located close by. Not bad for the price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Ed N, General Manager at Best Western Red Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Utah Traveler, Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. I'm sorry you found the room dated, we did upgrade recently including brand new Samsung flat panel HD TV's and case goods as well as a new breakfast room and fitness center. Your business is important to us and I hope you can come back again soon.

E Nelson GM

Reviewed 23 September 2013

This motel, although plain looking from the outside (with exterior corridors), had clean and spacious rooms, including a table, luggage area, mini fridge, iron and vanity outside the bathroom. The grounds and outdoor pool and spa were also clean. The included breakfast had a reasonable selection of hot and cold food items. There were two major annoyances: 1.The mattress sagged, so my husband and I were deposited in the middle of the bed and didn't sleep well 2.The wifi was inconsistent, but mostly slow to unworkable.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Ed N, General Manager at Best Western Red Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Hello and thank you for your review. I'm sorry you didn't get a good night sleep, I will check the bed in that room right away to see if it needs replacing. I hope you had a safe trip home to Australia and can come back soon.