“Memorial Weekend Motorcycle Trip”

Best Western Red Hills
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
Sandy, United States
“Memorial Weekend Motorcycle Trip”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Made our annual pilgrimage to southern Utah/Northern Arizona to visit Zion National Park and North Rim of the Grand Canyon. We have stayed in this hotel previously and have always been treated respectfully by the staff. The hotel is older, but, well maintained, clean and quiet. The breakfast exceeded our expectations. Beds were very comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Toronto
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We used this hotel as our base for visiting the major tourist sites - Zion and Bryce Canyon. Rooms were relatively clean and cared for. There was a pool and Jacuzzi that was usually full in the evenings. The breakfast was quite substantial with eggs/bacon/sausage a variety of breads and waffle maker. Staff were courteous and efficient. A bit of noise in the mornings from touring bikers.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ed N, General Manager at Best Western Red Hills, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with others. Kanab is an excellent location located in the heart of the parks with Bryce Canyon to the North, Grand Canyon to the South, Lake Powell to the East and Zion to the West. Please come back again very soon.

Best
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed here for four nights while in town for a week of events at Best Friends Animal Society nearby. The hotel is convenient, right on the main road in Kanab and next door to the best restaurant in town (Rockin V). It's easy to walk to the grocery store or several shops and restaurants. The room was clean and the staff friendly, if not very efficient.

I was put in a large room at the end of the first floor and next to an outside access door. Though the door was at the side of the building and not direct access to the parking lot, it was used frequently very early in the morning. There was a tile section near the door and when people dragged their bags across it, the sound came straight through the thin door and into my room. If you want to sleep past 6:30am, don't take this location! In general the room was quiet the rest of the time and I didn't hear room-to-room noise or anything from the windows on the street. However, for some reason many people slammed their room doors and that carried through the hall and through my room door.

The room itself was clean and the bed comfortable. There was a fridge and a small table, so it was convenient for working or having a small meal. My hairdryer broke the first morning I was there and I called the front desk to have it replaced. Nobody came before I had to leave for my events, and when I returned to my room around 6 that evening, it still hadn't been changed out. I called again and they sounded surprised it wasn't done but sent someone within 30 minutes. The poor girl who came struggled with the tools and finally gave up trying to completely remove the old one when she discovered the towel rack had been hung in such as way as to prevent the old dryer from being taken. She left it hanging until someone could come back with scissors to cut the cord, which was fine with me, but it took two more days before that happened. Not a huge problem, as it wasn't in my way, but just a sign of disorganization.

If I stayed here again I would request a room in the back building and not at the end of the hall.

Room Tip: If offered the "large room" at the end of the building, DO NOT TAKE IT! It's noisy and...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Ed N, General Manager at Best Western Red Hills, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you very much for your review. I appreciate your detailed comments and will discuss with our staff how to better follow up with guest service request. I am happy you otherwise had a pleasant stay and hope to see you very soon.

hawaii
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Our advice is that you should book a room with two beds. Do not book a Queen Size bedroom. Our room was small, noisy, and old. In fact, the hotel needs to be updated. I have never (NEVER) seen such a short toilet ever. Perhaps it is made for children--but certainly not for adults who are more than 5ft. 2. There is only one lamp on the two tables next to the bed. I don't think there was an electrical outlet for two lamps. We heard every person climbing up and down the stairs, we heard the toilets flushing in the next room and we heard the elevator going up and down.
The good part of this hotel is the pleasant reception we received checking in and out. We had a very nice breakfast with quite a few choices.

Room Tip: Do not book a queen room!!! Do not book the second floor corner room facing the pool
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Best Westerns are very dependable but this place needs a little updating. Nothing was terribly wrong, it just felt a little shabby and dusty. The room was fine. The bathroom sink area was tiny although it was nice that it as separate from the tub and toilet enclosure. Breakfast was good - lots of choice that included scrambled eggs and sausage or bacon and a waffle maker. And the woman managing it kept the trays full and the coffee fresh. It does have a great location – it’s easy walking distance to a number of restaurants and shops, which made up for some of the other drawbacks.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ed N, General Manager at Best Western Red Hills, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Sara, Thank you for your business and being our guest. We appreciate your comments and are happy you liked our rooms and services. I'm sorry you felt the hotel looked a little worn, we work hard to make sure we have a good appearance and make sure all of our guest enjoy their stay with us. I hope you will visit us again soon.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

They had no availability for my 3rd day, because we came early. We had to move hotels. Your hotel is so much better,than Comfort Inn. We enjoyed our stay there, if we pass thru your area again we will return! Staff was very nice too. Very clean and quiet.

Stayed May 2014
Ed N, General Manager at Best Western Red Hills, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Susan, thank you for staying with us.....I'm sorry we couldn't accommodate you for your last night. Look forward to your next visit.

Best

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have driven 70 miles out of my way from Marble Canyon AZ just to reach this hotel. (accommodations on the reservation are substandard and badly overpriced) What a feeling to have clean room with top quality bedding. This is another top quality B.W. property. Breakfast has good quality selections. Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo