“Great Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The perfect room in the perfect location! The hot tub was right outside our room which was very welcomed after a day of hiking and sightseeing. And the breakfast was wonderful every morning with eggs, sausage, and everything else you would ever want! Couldn't ask for more!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Ed N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Red Hills, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for reviewing the Best Western Red Hills in Kanab, UT. I'm glad you enjoyed the hot tub and free hot breakfast we offer. Please come back soon.
E Nelson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Doesn't look like much from the road but nice inside. Very clean rooms, easy parking and pool was welcome. Ate at Escobars Mexican restaurant about a mile away which was ok.
NOTE: bathroom was very small and not east to move around in. No tub, just shower.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from main road as it was quite busy.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Kathleen, Thank you for your review and being our guest. I hope you can return very soon

Kanub, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

The computer booked me on the day (May 29) that I was trying to book a room I was trying to book on September 19, 2014. You will be better off calling the hotel instead of booking online and getting screwed by the lousy booking system.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Lance, I'm very sorry to hear about your issues with the online booking system. Best Western works very hard to maintain a state of the art website that is very user friendly, we have actually won awards several years in a row for having the best website in the hotel industry. Each reservation made online requires an email so a confirmation is sent so users can double check the accuracy of their reservation. I'm sorry you felt necessary to rate the hotel a 1 bubble even though you didn't actually stay at our hotel.

Stockton, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was a bit disappointed in our stay at this motel. The positives were that the room was clean and the quiet and that there were all the amenities that you could ask for as well as a pool. The cleaning person did not straighten up our room on the second day of our stay and when I told the person at the front desk about this she was not happy. Also the air conditioner is really loud. The beds are only so comfortable as well. The Wifi was poor and very frustrating. For the price we paid I feel it should have been better.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ed N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Red Hills, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Sandra, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you had, we will address them right away. I'd be happy to discuss further if you'd like to give me a call at 435-644-2675. I hope you will come back again very soon.

Ed Nelson
Winlock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were glad to see another Best Western located near Bryce Canyon NP so we could get some sleep before entering the park. The service and room were excellent and we had a good night sleep and good breakfast in the morning before heading out on our adventure.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Ed N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Red Hills, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Happy you had a great stay and Breakfast. Bryce Canyon is one of my favorite place, hope you liked it as well. Please come back soon.

oceanside, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

second time we have stayed at this hotel, the rooms were redecorated since the last stay~ that's was wonderful to see, we had a great night! the room was comfortable, both the room and the bathroom were very clean~ nice town, we had a great dinner at the Rocking V café, right next door to the hotel. and the breakfast was really good!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Ed N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Red Hills, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you for your review of the Best Western Red Hills in Kanab, it's a pleasure to have you as our guest. The Rocking V next door is a great restaurant I agree.

San Clemente, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I and my family and friends have stayed here at least thirty times in the last six years. We have used it as a base of operations for our hikes to The Wave and many other destinations in the Coyote Buttes and Vermillion Cliffs, as well as Bryce, Zion, and both Upper and Lower Antelope canyons.

The motel has recently been upgraded and refurbished and seems newer and fresher and cleaner this year! The hot tub and pool were both working perfectly and were very welcome after our hike to The Wave and Lower Antelope last week.

I usually get the family suite (#250) with it's great deck, and I recommend that highly. Last week we got two rooms #110 and #112 I think. They were very clean, quiet and comfortable. The air conditioners worked well and the beds were very good. I don't much like the new water-saver showerheads, though. It would have been nice to be able to adjust the spray pattern!

The staff has always been helpful. Do yourself a favor and book directly with them and not online!

The thing I've appreciated most about Red Hills over the years is that it's not a problem to come back tired and covered with red clay and dust from hiking and track it all over the room and nobody gets upset. This is a great functional place to stay and enjoy the wonderland that Kanab is at the center of. Yes, there will be some noise. It cannot be avoided. Whether it's motorcycles or a squealing pig (a guest from Best Friends), or a big Tour Bus it's all part of the experience. It's people on vacation from all parts of the world and you've got to expect a little hustle and bustle.

Be sure to eat at Victor's next door (Rocking V"). Beyond all doubting it's the best food in Kanab, and Victor is quite an interesting fellow! (He was Dan Rather's cameraman for a number of years before leaving the 'madding crowd' and setting up shop in Kanab)

I can't speak to the breakfast as I'm always leaving at some ungodly early hour, but I have overheard other guests saying that they have enjoyed it.

I heard last week that the motel is under new ownership. If so I can only say that they are doing a good job. It's certainly been upgraded since 2012!

Room Tip: I love #250!!!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ed N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Red Hills, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
I'm very happy you liked your stay and thank you very much for your continued support. It is always a good idea to book directly with the hotel, thank you for mentioning that. The hotel has not changed ownership however, its been in the same family for over 25 years and significant improvements have been made in the last two years. I look forward to seeing you again very soon.