“Great Stay in Kanab, UT”

Best Western Red Hills
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
Hereford, United States
“Great Stay in Kanab, UT”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The hotel accommodations were just wonderful after driving 12 hours through Utah. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were extremely nice. We checked in sort of late, weary, so we were happy when the clerk gave us a free upgrade - we thought we had died and gone to heaven when we saw our rooms!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Ed N, General Manager at Best Western Red Hills, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
I'm very happy you had a great stay! Thank you for your business.

E Nelson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed here 2 nights in mid May. The room was nice and clean, the beds were comfy and the staff was very helpful. Everyone was nice and the breakfast was really good as well. We didn't use the pool or hottub but it was nice to know we could, plus there was a fridge in our room which most hotels on our 8 night trip didn't have so this was great. This would have been a very good rating until check out. I reserved the room on my credit card, but we wanted to pay for the room on a different credit card. Not a problem we were told just make sure you give us the info before 8 pm on your last night. We did this and thought we were all set. At check out I notice both cards were charged. So I go over this again with the fron desk and am given a copy of the receipt that shows the credits and the charges and everything is great. Off we go until over the next 4 weeks after our trip there are charges and credits given. I understand mistakes can happen but why it wasn't completely resolved until mid June boggles my mind. Everyone was nice about it but the overall situation left a bad taste in my mouth. I would just say make sure to double check your charges.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nicole S
I'm glad everything is squared away with your charges, I apologize that it took as long as it did. When charge cards are changed it can take a little while for the original hold to be released. Thank you for your review and I hope you can return very soon.

Homosassa, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great hotel, wonderful friendly service, great breakfast. The green chilis at breakfast were a pleasant surprise. Good location. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Hotel is close to restaurants and shops. Quiet area so very restful. Comfortable and clean bed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Ed N, General Manager at Best Western Red Hills, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Hello Tom, Happy to hear you were pleased with our hotel and free hot breakfast. We very much appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your stay.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The perfect room in the perfect location! The hot tub was right outside our room which was very welcomed after a day of hiking and sightseeing. And the breakfast was wonderful every morning with eggs, sausage, and everything else you would ever want! Couldn't ask for more!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Ed N, General Manager at Best Western Red Hills, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for reviewing the Best Western Red Hills in Kanab, UT. I'm glad you enjoyed the hot tub and free hot breakfast we offer. Please come back soon.
Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Doesn't look like much from the road but nice inside. Very clean rooms, easy parking and pool was welcome. Ate at Escobars Mexican restaurant about a mile away which was ok.
NOTE: bathroom was very small and not east to move around in. No tub, just shower.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from main road as it was quite busy.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Kathleen, Thank you for your review and being our guest. I hope you can return very soon

Kanub, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The computer booked me on the day (May 29) that I was trying to book a room I was trying to book on September 19, 2014. You will be better off calling the hotel instead of booking online and getting screwed by the lousy booking system.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Lance, I'm very sorry to hear about your issues with the online booking system. Best Western works very hard to maintain a state of the art website that is very user friendly, we have actually won awards several years in a row for having the best website in the hotel industry. Each reservation made online requires an email so a confirmation is sent so users can double check the accuracy of their reservation. I'm sorry you felt necessary to rate the hotel a 1 bubble even though you didn't actually stay at our hotel.

Stockton, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was a bit disappointed in our stay at this motel. The positives were that the room was clean and the quiet and that there were all the amenities that you could ask for as well as a pool. The cleaning person did not straighten up our room on the second day of our stay and when I told the person at the front desk about this she was not happy. Also the air conditioner is really loud. The beds are only so comfortable as well. The Wifi was poor and very frustrating. For the price we paid I feel it should have been better.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ed N, General Manager at Best Western Red Hills, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Sandra, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you had, we will address them right away. I'd be happy to discuss further if you'd like to give me a call at 435-644-2675. I hope you will come back again very soon.

Ed Nelson