“Be Aware”

Redrock Country Inn
Ranked #6 of 6 Kanab B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I found more than just my husband in bed with me. I woke up to find bed bugs in my bed and left with several bites. At first I was not sure but after killing the second bug and blood splattered all over my pillow I knew I had been a "human buffet" for the two hours I was in the bed. Luckily my son’s bed did not have these invaders and got a whole three hours of sleep. When I notified hotel staff in the morning and asked for a refund on my room the manager refused to do so since he had already discounted the room for us since we were in town for a funeral but would not charge us for a second night since I was refusing to stay in the room.
Poor customer service and the rooms are very dated; mattresses are horrible, no tubs for little ones to take a bath in and the shower head looked more like a sprinkler head then a shower head.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 June 2014

the room was semi clean the water pressure was really poor the window were hard to lock the dead bolt on the door would not work the room smelled funny hard beds older property but it needs a lot of work

Room Tip: pass this one by
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

One of those "I'm paying how much for this and maybe sleeping in the car is better?" Old rooms, hard bed, flat pillows. Rustic would be the charitable phrase. Unfortunately in this area you pay a big premium.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2014

An older property--exterior looks good, but interior needs work. Sink wouldn't drain, carpet threadbare, etc. Arrived at about 2:30 and was 'greeted' in the parking lot by a surly housekeeper who mumbled something and walked away when we asked if we could check in early. Office is not staffed until 3 pm. The website states that they have 360 channels and 6 HBO channels--there is no HBO of any kind. The property was clean and quiet--good location, manager seems nice and made a good dinner recommendation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We read some positive reviews of this place, and we really wanted to like it, but - we will find a different place to stay next time. No curtain on the bathroom window and we weren't sure what was behind the property, so we ended up propping the bath mat up over the window to eliminate the worry of peeping toms. The microwave needed an extension cord to reach the outlet and had none, so we had to go to the office to get one. The room had been rewired for electricity, so there was exposed metal greenfield conduit - not a problem at all, but they didn't put any outlets by the mirror. Hard to shave and hard for my wife to do her hair. Had to "borrow" the extension cord we got for the microwave. Probably someone else did that also and accidently took it with them. The ceiling was nice wood beams, but had dust bunnies hanging from it. If the room had been clean and had a curtain over the bathroom window, it would have been a nice place. I thought it was OK but my wife would rather gag than stay there again. Continental breakfast was very -- what's a good word? -- sparse.

Room Tip: Choose a different motel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

we stayed one night. nice room, good value. owner very pleasant. nice quiet town. ate at local favorite restaurant and highly recommend it. about 2 hours from Grand Canyon, and 1 hour from Zion , 2 hours to Bryce canyon

Room Tip: easy parking. gas close by. quiet town, quiet street.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jack b
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Owner and staff better than any corporation hotel I have ever been to. Staff treats you as if you where at the Ritz. Rooms all have flat screens with the best showers i'v ever experienced . That's if you prefer real water pressure. Rooms clean, and relaxing . Stayed four months for summer. Can't mention any bad encounters about this property . Can't beat prices . No other hotel came close to prices. I'm one to always support local economy's . Free Wifi, and fridge in every room. If your a morning eater can't beat the free continental. Thank you Red Rock.

Room Tip: Family's best in bedroom suites. Three beds in each suite.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Tarna623
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kanab
Comfort Suites
Aikens Lodge
Aikens Lodge
#8 of 15 in Kanab
The Flagstone Boutique Inn & Suites

Been to Redrock Country Inn? Share your experiences!