Retreat Lodge & Cabins at Mt. Peale Animal Sanctuary and Healing Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Big Horn Lodge(Moab)
View Hotel
All reviewswasher dryerbig fridgequiet areadeercanyonlandsmoabarcheswifiunitparksporchsleeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I started staying at Mt. Peale Inn a couple of years ago while helping some friends work on their house a mile away. I keep coming back because of the healing quiet peacefulness of the place. It is near the base of the La Sal Mountains with easy access to the La Sal Mountain Pass road taking you up into cool mountain meadows with aspen, ponderosa and spruce trees abounding. The lodge and cabins are clean and well laid out. You can even rent the whole lodge! Next year I plan on bringing the whole gang up for a family reunion. It's about 45 minutes back down the road to Moab and Arches National Park, but it's about 20 degrees cooler most of the summer for better sleeping at night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I had stayed at the Inn before and had a pleasant time. I booked two cabins for a recent family trip. The hosts seemed very helpful. However, only one week before our trip they informed me they had overbooked one of the cabins but would offer extra sleeping in the second cabin. The day before our stay they emailed me and said they had overbooked the second cabin too. They offered a backup and made me call and make the arrangements myself. The second cabin owner had no idea we would be coming and had to hurry and prepare the cabin. In all fairness to the back up cabin owner the place was clean but it had nothing that we were promised in the Mt. Peale cabins. No kitchen supplies, no bar-b-que, no tv/satelite, etc. This put a real twist to our trip. Lisa and Teague are poor examples of the "service" industry.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mbarnes151
Reviewed 22 April 2011

We stayed in a 2 bedroom cabin- 3 adults. It was immaculately clean, roomy and a great base for our travels to the Moab parks and southern Canyonlands. It is a bit out of the way, but this was why we chose it. We sat on the deck eating breakfast, watching a pair of bluebirds build their nest, just soaking in the peace. Teague, Lisa, Klysta and Jeff were friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this for anyone who doesn't want the concrete and noise of Moab.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan10RI
Reviewed 29 September 2010

My wife and I stayed in a cabin for a week with friends and their 2 young kids. The cabin was great: nicely laid out and well-planned. Kitchen area was stocked with the essentials for meal-making: perfect. Sleeping arrangements were comfortable, view of the mountain was cool, area was very peaceful: overall, it was a great place to stay. The only downside is that it is about 30 minutes drive to Moab, but the drive is very scenic and not a big deal at all. Very pastoral, natural, calm setting, and the hosts/owners were very gracious: great place to stay!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Thank you for the time spent at your Inn, couldn't ask for any better hosts or place to stay while exploring the area during the day. Quiet, peaceful, beautiful views away from the 'traffic' of Moab. As a base for daily activities this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple