“better than last time” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
“better than last time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

This is the second time I stayed at this hotel, and it was better than last time. Realy, for the price it is a great hotel. The suite was able to fit my entire family. Between the fold out bed, and the play=pen they gave me for my 2 y/o son, we were able to all fit comfortably. They breakfast was decent, although they have no room to sit and eat there, so you have to take the breakfast to your room.. Fine by me. I would rather eat it there anyway.
My kids enjoyed the pool, but for toddlers, the shallowest it gets is 3'. Difficult for the 2 year old. There are a TON of nearby restaurants/shopping within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Layton, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

Stayed 8 nights. I found the staff great and very helpful. The breakfast is cereal, baby bagels, and toast. You pick up the breakfast in lobby and take back to your room as there is no room to eat in lobby. I appreciate having a kitchen to not have to eat out and being able to prepare better food. In the room I stayed the carpet had "rolled" up and I tripped a couple of times. The door was hanging cockeyed and made a huge sound every time it was opened and closed. The place was clean but worn.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank L T
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a few days while working in the area. The hotel is older. Being a tall person I was nearly bumping my head on the ceiling of the exercise room when I was on the equipment. The breakfast is a joke! We went shopping across the street so we could have stuff in the room. The worst part for me was the Internet service. Ark the end of each day I needed to upload files from each location I had visited during the day. On a couple of occasions I found myself yelling at the frustration I was experiencing. I felt like I was on a dial up connection. On the good side, the staff is incredibly friendly and the beds are pretty comfortable. We are glad to be moving on to a different hotel tonight.

Stayed April 2012
Clearfield, UT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

We wanted a place to stay while moving out of our house. Having food left over, we opted for a place with a kitchenette. The Towneplace was very reasonable. We liked having a couch and chair to watch TV without having to set on the bed. If you don’t want to cook, there are several good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Escondido, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

On a road trip from San Diego to Yellowstone and back. Stayed here 1 night on the way out. Desk staff was nice, rooms were a bit old but decent. Walls and windows a little thin, could hear the neighbors TV and the trucks on the wet freeway. The location is nice that it's freeway close and near some restaurants and a Target, but other than that Salt Lake City is a good 25 mins. Breakfast is a bit lame. It's done on a take and eat basis so the idea is you take it back to your room or to your car and eat on your drive. A bit hard to do when they offer oatmeal and cold cereal in the line-up. We grabbed oats, juice a muffin and a banana and ate in the parking lot before heading out. On our return home, we have cancelled the TownePlace reservation and opted for the Residence Inn Salt Lake City Center.

• Stayed October 2011
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

My family and I rented a room for one night so we could go to Lagoon the next day. When we arrived there was plenty of parking, the staff was attentive, and it was really quiet. I really only have two negatives, neither would stop me from staying again.

The first is that the room is a little small. It may just be the room type i got, but it was small-er because of the full kitchen that they have in there.

The other is the breakfast is a grab and go setup. Which was fine, except that meant there weren't a lot of options

All in all the price was right for a stay and lagoon package that they had and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

We stayed here for 5 nights at the end of July in a 2 bedroom unit. It was nice having separate bedrooms to spread out a bit. The living room had a hide-a-bed so the option of sleeping 5 is there. There were 3 tvs so no one was fighting over what to watch. It was incredibly warm out and the air conditioning kept things cool. No issues with the beds, everything seemed clean, tidy and comfortable. We had no issues with noise from outside. Although the doors in the suite were a bit creaky which was annoying. The shower head seemed to be at a strange angle and non-adjustable.

The kitchen was small but useful with a sink, counter, microwave, dishwasher and fridge. There were some dishes and pots but it seemed a little lacking as there were only a couple of spoons and bowls (for a 4 person suite).

The pool is a small outdoor pool but seemed fine for the kids. There is also an indoor pool at the Marriott next door which is available for use. There is free wifi which seemed to work fine.

The hotel offers a "grab and go" breakfast. This consists of muffins, fruit, yogurt, juice and cereal. The variety is limited (one flavor of muffin, one type of juice, 3 kinds of cereal), we were bored with what they had after 2 days.

This hotel is located approximately 20 minutes north of Salt Lake City. There are plenty of nearby amenities including stores and restaurants.

I would recommend the TownPlace Suites to anyone looking for a bit more space and the ability to prepare your own meals. I think the value was exeptional.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family