“Bad Service”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Boise, Idaho
“Bad Service”
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We got to the hotel and had to wait for one person to check in 6 guests before us. Once we got checked into the room, we found out that we had no toilet paper. The mattress in our room was great and you will get a good night sleep. The first morning we got up and went to a packed breakfast area. I told my wife after 25 minutes that I had not seen anyone stocking any food. By the time my kids got to breakfast the room was a disaster. Breakfast sandwiches, waffle batter, fruit, coffee, and just about everything was gone. I them see the attendant bringing bowls of products in and trying to pass them out. My thought is on Saturday night with a full hotel you should have more than one person checking in guests. With the poor design of the breakfast area the hotel should also have at least two people trying to keep it full of product. The next day the breakfast attendant was much better. I did notice that the house keeping staff did not pick up our dirty towels from the day before. If you only want a great nights sleep , this is a great hotel. This is the first bad rating that I have given on Trip Advisor and I travel a lot.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Newport News, VA
Reviewed 31 May 2011

My wife and I recently traveled to Salt Lake City to attend the U2 concert at University of Utah. Although we wanted to stay closer to downtown Salt Lake, most of the hotels in the area were already booked due to the concert. Being faithful Marriott customers, wanted to stay at a hotel in the Marriott chain. So we decided the 25-mile drive to Layton after the concert wouldn't be too bad as it would shorten our drive north the next day. It was an excellent decision.

Although this Fairfield Inn is similar to other Fairfields and actually a bit on the small side, I have rarely stayed at any hotel with better mattresses. The moment I sat on the bed after an exhausting evening of loud music, I was glad we decided to stay here. The mattresses are obviously very high quality and led to a very restful sleep.

Other factors that would lead me to recommend this hotel:
- Check-in was very professional and quick
- Breakfast was decent as it always is at any Fairfield Inn
- Pool... It's small but great for kids 12 and under
- A Cracker Barrel restaurant is right accross the front parking lot
- Layton Hills mall is less than a mile south
- Hill Air Force Base main gate is approximately two miles away
- Lagoon Amusement Park is 10 miles south

Overall, I would definitely stay here again just for the beds. After all, what is a hotel room for anyway? Sleeping.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Came to a wkend dance comp. Great location for us, great price,small rooms. We needed to stay one more night than we plan for, called front desk, not a problem. Great service, friendly!

• Stayed April 2011
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 25 August 2010

I like this hotel and often stay with this chain when on business. They were off their pace this trip and my room was not available till after 4pm. Breakfast is nice, but my room was overlooking the freeway and was noisy at times. Staff was excellent and room was clean and comfortable.

Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 14 August 2010

We stayed here two years ago and stayed again for one night on a recent trip to Idaho and Utah. It is a clean, standard Fairfield Inn that met our expectations. Nothing fancy. The breakfast area is nice and kept stocked by a staff person.

My only complaint was that we were placed in a handicapped room (on the third floor - seems odd) that had a full handicapped bath. It was all in one tiled room, had just a very small sink coming out from the wall and no countertop or storage space.It was fine for one night but would have been something I would have asked for another room if we had stayed longer.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed 18 August 2009

Great value...clean room and a comfortable bed. Hotel interior/decor is average and nothing to write home about. Decent continental breakfast that's pretty much in-line with the "standard" hotel chain offerings. Overall, it's a great place to stay with clean, comfortable rooms at a decent price.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 21 May 2009

Unfortunately, the Hilton at the Davis Conference Center was booked to capacity and I was bumped to the Fairfield Inn. The location is great - it is less than 1/2 mile from the Conference Center. Another plus is that there's free "continental" breakfast each morning, which consists of your pickings of cereals, milk, Activia yogurt, waffles, apples (and maybe bananas), oatmeal, coffee/juice/tea, hard boiled eggs, Jimmy Dean Breakfast sandwiches, mini muffins, toast.

The property is older, and so my room smelled of smoke (although they are now smoke-free...you can tell they weren't always), the bed and pillows were uncomfortable, and the wireless adapter that the hotel lent out didn't work. There aren't any amenities and service was average. If it was the only vacant hotel, I suppose I would stay here again (I wouldn't have a choice), but given any other option, I prefer not to to stay here again.

There was an indoor pool and a jacuzzi but it wasn't one that I would go in. There's also a vending machine for water and sodas...I used it daily for water.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business