“Comfort Inn - Corporate hassles - look for better policies elsewhere”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Coastal Oregon
“Comfort Inn - Corporate hassles - look for better policies elsewhere”
Reviewed 8 April 2010

This is a well located hotel, with nice appointments. Price at about $85 (including tax and discount) for two queens, which is not bad. Friendly staff. This hotel would rate five stars if they would lose the Corporate hard-sell.

However, everywhere you turn, they push the corporate hard-sell at you. You are charged $1.50 a night for a safe, even though you didn't ask for it, use it, or event want it, unless you belong to their special program or remember to tell them to remove it at checkout. If they think t!his enticed me to join a program I do not need, they are wrong. All it does, is make me look for an alternate accommodation next time!

They also do not give you a total cost at check-in which includes tax. That is - you do not know the final cost of the room until checkout.

You do not get a copy of the "agreement" you must sign at check-in.

Hook up to their wireless and you get their own website, promoting themselves.

Even the TV boots with a corporate "sell."

Note that these comments relate to the entire chain. Not just to this hotel. Really too bad, because they could have a really good hotel. As it is, I recommend a "Pass."

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
CILManager, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
We’re so glad you like our hotel appointments, location & staff! I want to apologize for the impression you got of Choice though. We are always happy to refund the safe fee even if you forget to ask at the desk, you can just call us anytime. We are also happy to give you a total cost at check-in & a copy of the registration card if so desired. Our rewards program also often offers periods where you get a free night with just 2 stays. I’d love an opportunity to show you how well we are able to take care of your concerns, so if you’re ever headed through town again please please let me know.
Comfort Inn Layton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 February 2010

My brothers, friends and I have been staying here for about the last 3 or 4 years on our annual ski/snowboard trip. When we stayed in January 2010 we were pleasantly surprised to find that the place (Lobby, breakfast area and rooms but not the pool/hot tub area) had been remodeled. The remodel looks really high quailty and yet the room prices hadn't increased. There are a bunch of good restaurants within a mile or two of the Inn. We will be staying there again in March 2010.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
LaytonComfortInn, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 24 July 2011
We're so glad you've had great experiences with us in the past. Thank you for taking the time to share them. We look forward to taking care of you this upcoming Ski Season. We recently added some new Hot Items to our breakfast that I'm sure you'll love. We also have discounts to a few of the local restaurants available at our front desk as well as on our Facebook page so make sure to ask next time you’re in or look up our Facebook page under Layton Comfort Inn. Thanks again & I'd love it if you'd stop by the front desk & ask for myself Matt Read or our Sales Manager, Cory Jenkins, next time your in so we can thank you personally for continuing to stay with us!
Tejas
Reviewed 21 January 2010

Excellent upgrades throughout the entire place. My hotel experience was overall = FABULOUS. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Although there is still work (renovations) being done on the third floor, there were no disruptions, and the fitness center was accessible. I was truly surprised with the modern "model home" decor and couldn't believe the granite countertop in the bathroom. Very tasteful! ...and there's a heated pool, hello.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
I'm so glad you loved our remodel. Thank you for taking the time to write the review. We appreciate knowing that you had a great stay. We've added a few new upgrades recently in the breakfast selection and look forward to having you stay with us again. Our staff is just as friendly as ever & we also have a few discounts up our sleeves to local restaurants up front so be sure to ask our front desk staff for recommendations & discounts if you plan to dine out next time you’re in town.
CA,US
Reviewed 10 December 2009

i stayed on business with the government, the staff is wonderful they are willing to help with whatever you need. i really enjoyed the fitness the equipment is great, was able to purchase a few snacks from the little pantry and watch the game with a few of the other guests in the lobby on the new flat screen. has a great location near the mall and movie theatres and many resturaunts to pick from. i look forward to staying on my next trip!

Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
CILManager, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thanks so much for the wonderful review. We hope you’ve had an opportunity to visit again. Please let me know when you do again so we can thank you for your return business with a free appetizer coupon or snack from the pantry.
Thanks again,
Layton, Utah
Reviewed 9 December 2009

I have stayed at this hotel last year, The staff was always friebdly but the hotel needed updating. What a change the whole hotel has undergone a huge transformation. The lobby is beautiful and they have added real business center and their fitness room is one of the largest ones I have ever seen in a hotel. When I got to the room I was truly blown away everything was new and the decor was warm and functional they even had added granite in the bathrooms.

I will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
We are so glad you love our hotel! I hope you’ve had the opportunity to stay with us again by now. If not, please let me know when you do so I can say thank you for the wonderful review in person!
Virginia
Reviewed 28 June 2009

This Hotel was awful! It was dirty, with stains on the floor, extremely loud from both the neighbors in the halls or in their rooms and the interstate is right out your window! The was hair in the bed and in the bathroom upon check in and the smell of the whole hotel was nasty!!! The front desk was not professional sitting on the counters and the breakfast was rotten bananas and a good assortment of pastries. Spend your money some where elso!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank USAFunsatisfied
I want to first apologize for your experience with our predecessors. Our company took over managing this hotel during the summer of 2009 & began a complete remodel of the hotel. I would love to personally invite you back to experience the new hotel & staff. Please feel free to reach me directly at Mattr@wslm.biz.
Comfort Inn Layton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Layton
Best Western Plus Layton Park Hotel
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Layton
Hampton Inn and Suites Salt Lake City/Farmington
Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Layton

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!