“Good business trip”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Waynesville, Ohio, USA
“Good business trip”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights in Nov 11. I would highly recommend this to anyone. I am very particular about the cleanliness of a hotel and this hotel gave me no worries. It was spotless and on the newer side. I was initially concerned when I saw that the pillow cases and sheets were wrinkly, but a quick phone call clarified that they we're right out of the dryer and not ironed. It also made me feel better that my friend in another room also had wrinkly sheets as well. The hotel is only minutes from any food locations, the mall, Hill Air Force Base, and highway entrance. Very convenient location, but also tucked away from the really busy areas. Breakfast was complimentary and had a wide selection. Service was friendly and efficient...at one point the front desk rep even helped me with some iPad issues. The room came with a microwave, a sink, and a full-sized refrigerator. The cabinets were stocked with basic dishes and silverware. I will happily stay at this hotel again for future trips to the area.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review. You did a great job talking up our location. I am glad you found the service to be great. We try very hard to make every guest feel important and cared for. We are happy and hopeful to have you back really soon too. Thank you again for staying with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Thai first
Syracuse, Utah
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I really liked the setup of these rooms. The built in shelves and closet are great, providing lots of storage. The wall mount tv is huge. We had two rooms, 4 people in each room, and we did not feel in the least bit crowded during out two day stay. Rooms were very quiet, even though we were right next to exit door. I liked how the bathroom doors slide into wall instead of opening. It made the bathrooms feel a lot bigger. Internet connection was great, front desk staff and housekeepers were extremely friendly and helpful. Awesome fitness center, one of the best I've seen in a hotel. Now for the bad news. The breakfast, like some others have said, leaves a lot to be desired. All my kids would eat was the cold cereal. The egg pizza I tried was not good at all. No meats or pancakes/waffles which we really look forward to at hotels. The other problem is the pool. Yes, it is saline, but it is way over chlorinated. The first night my poor 8 year old cried all night long. All of my kids eyes were beet red. Aside from these two issues I really enjoyed this hotel. Unfortunately, with kids breakfast and the pool are a big deal, so next time I would choose somewhere else in Layton. The location by the way is great, close to everything, but all of the hotels in Layton are in the same street so the really doesn't makes difference.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I love that you mentioned how much room we have especially with all we have in every room, with a kitchen and the working wall. We do have the biggest TV's in Layton 42 inches. I love when people mention the staff we have great people that work here. Thank you and we hope to see you again.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Stopped here for a night as part of a 9 day road trip. The hotel is very modern looking, loved the fireplace outside at night! Rooms were very wired with plenty of connections for all our phones/iPads/mp3 players. Room was very clean and comfortable. There was a full kitchen that we did not use at all but the appliances looked new.

Cons were that the room downstairs could hear us and I heard some banging sound coming from one of the rooms to the side. There was also very little selection in the breakfast and a long line! If you can live with those two things ... a good hotel!

Room Tip: Come early for the breakfast!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Thank you for stopping by on your road trip and for taking the time to write a review. We do have a lot of great technology in our rooms and being able to enjoy the great public spaces like the outdoor firepit is a definite plus. We love hearing we have a clean and comfortable place so thank you for those kind words. We hope the next time you are out out exploring you make us your Home2.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Rooms have homey, sleek design. Very comfortable. Nice staff. Check in was very easy and quick. Great location for our visit to Weber State. Out door fire pit was great and relaxing. Property is new and clean. Next visit we will stay there. Many restaurants in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Thank you for coming to stay with us and for writing a great review. Thank you for commenting on the nice staff and the comfortable rooms. I love all the new technology that we have in our rooms but we still focused on comfort. I am glad you took advantage of some of our functional outdoor spaces like the fire pit. It is a great place to relax with friends and family. I hope the next time you are in town we get to see you again. Please let me know if I can do anything for you.
Utah native
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our overnight stay in this new hotel brand. Hilton has done a great job creating a very new, ultra-modern, eco-friendly, and comfortable property. We didn't need to utilize the extended-stay aspects of this property for our one-night stay, but we look forward to finding more Home2 properties around the country for the next time we travel. If you haven't yet stayed at a Home2, I highly recommend you try one out. They're very hip feeling, and a great place to relax.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a great review. You will be happy to know Home2 Suites' are starting to pop up in more and more places. It is great to get feedback and we hope the next time you come back to Layton we get the honor of having you back. Thank you again and happy traveling.
Converse, Texas
Reviewed 26 January 2012

It is a nice place to stay and my introduction to an efficiency suite in a hotel. Room was a good size and the king bed comfortable. The theme for this sub-chain from Hilton is Green. A modified cleaning schedule (voluntary) along with shampoo and soap dispensers in the shower allow for an eco-friendly approach. My only criticism if you want to call it a criticism is that the breakfast meal did not allow for non-pork or even a non-meat hot entree. There were plenty of choices for the non-meat and or pork eater but seeing the breakfast pizzas every morning was sort of a tease. Maybe a potato and egg combo of something occasionally would change things up. Anyway, great place to stay.

Room Tip: Hotel was placed in a secluded area of town. Noise was not a problem
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review. You really got what we are going for at the Home2 Suites. We are a very green hotel, but we don't sacrifice on quality as you stated with a comfortable bed. Our sheets are microfiber and take less time to dry which is good for the environment. We love having the business travelers like yourself so please come back soon. Thank you again for your kind words and great review.
Okemos, MI
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I stayed here twice over the holidays. the Home2 chain has clearly been designed carefully from the ground up to meet travelers' practical needs in a version of a 'boutique' hotel environment. For example, one of my pet peeves is absence of a high shelf for shampoo in the shower - solved neatly here. No bathtub, which also makes sense in this market segment. A fully stocked (utensils, dishes, glasses) kitchen with microwave and fridge is very handy. the TV is fine, and does have HBO. Breakfast has relatively limited choices, but the overall quality is good (my only quibble is no peanut butter) and healthy options abound. Both a mac and a pc in the lobby with printer - a nice touch. It's a very short haul from SLC airport. The overall design is clean and pleasing. Staff was very friendly and helpful on all shifts. I will be seeking out hotel and this chain in my future travels.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank airbowline
GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this review, 11 January 2012
Thank you for coming to stay twice with us. I am happy we got the chance to earn your loyalty during the Holiday season. You did a great job talking about our hotel and covering the things you loved about it. I am glad you found all of our staff to be friendly they were happy to read that also. Thank you for taking the time to write a review it means a lot and we hope to have you back next time you are in Layton.