“Excellent hotel at fair price”

Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Layton
“Excellent hotel at fair price”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Enroute to Yellowstone, we stayed at the Home2. The hotel, room, and lobby were in excellent condition. The free breakfast looked good. But since we were travelling through, we ate at Sills cafe! The pool area was steamy but ok. Internet was complementary. A good hotel for business or family at a reasonable price. Rooms were very clean and safe.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us on your way up to Yellowstone. I hope you saw plenty of wildlife. I love Sill's Cafe also! Thank you for writing a great review and we hope the next time you hit the road you take the detour back with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Thai first
Rio Rancho
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I REALLY enjoy my stay at Home2 Suites. The rooms are very modern and are very accommodating the business traveler. I've come to find that the number and location of electrical outlets becomes important and there are plenty in the suite. The only downfall is that there should not be any internet charge for any traveler, regardless of status.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. There can never be enough outlets in this world we live in now, right? That is one of the early things I thought was so smart about our brand is having plenty of outlets. We do offer free WIFI for every guest I apologize that was not brought to your attention. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to your next visit.
Clearfield, Utah
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The rooms here are larger than standard hotel rooms. The sofa converts into a bed, which is very convenient for families. I also liked the kitchenette and extra shelves and cabinets. The location is great, it's situated near a shopping mall and many restaurants. I didn't try to the free breakfast, but it looked like it had a decent spread. The front desk staff were very friendly and I'd be happy to come again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for writing a wonderful review. I love the size of the rooms also. I love how even with the kitchenettes and the other unique cool features in our room they still have great space. I appreciate you bringing that up and how it worked out great for your family.
Tampa, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Booked this hotel for an overnight stay. Very clean rooms and fully functional and clean appliances. Friendly staff and good choices for complementary breakfast. Would surely recommend for family stays.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a great survey. I really appreciate your input. I am glad you had a very pleasant experience with us.
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Elevators are a mile from the rooms. So called queen bed is smaller than sofa bed. Filthy rooms. Sheets don't fit sofa bed. Small bathrooms, sporadic housekeeping. Tiny bathrooms. 6 hangers per room. Cheap towels and linens. Won't be back.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am sorry that you found that this stay did not meet your expectations. I would love to speak to you directly about your stay with us. Please contact me directly so we can ensure that I have properly heard everything regarding your stay. Please call me at 801-820-9222 and ask to be transferred to Gabe.
Portland, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were driving from Denver to Portland and stayed at this hotel overnight. it was wonderful. We had a king suite. The walls were very well sound proofed so we could watch a movie without disturbing the kids on the pull out couch on the other side of the wall. The room was very clean, comfortable, and full of great amenities. The staff was helpful, friendly, and kind. We loved the salt water pool and whirlpool. The breakfast buffet was delicious and had something everyone in the family enjoyed (breakfast sandwiches, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, and a make-your-won waffle station) and the coffee was fresh and quite good. over all a really great value for the price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you for stopping to stay with us on your way to Portland. I am so glad you had such a great stay with us. I love all the toppings we offer to make every breakfast unique. I am glad you enjoyed the waffles they are one of my favorite breakfast items. Thank you for saying so many nice things about my staff I really appreciate that. We hope you need to take another road trip soon so we get to see you again.
California
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We flew into Salt Lake City airport to drive up to Yellowstone National Park. Our first hotel was staying overnight at the Home2 Suites in Layton. Fast and pleasant check-in, our room was on the 2nd floor. Big screen TV, great room lay-out! I like having the extra USB ports, too. Beds were comfortable and the room was spacious. We ate the continental breakfast. I had the yogurt and the many toppings, including banana chips. My husband had the egg sandwich. Definately stay here! I wish Home2 Suites were available in California!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us on your way to Yellowstone. If you love National Parks the ones in Utah like Arches, Canyonlands, and Zion are a must. Thank you for all the kind words you said about our hotel. I love the selection that we provide at our breakfast. Home2's are being built in a ton of places so I think you won't have to wait long for one in California. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.