“Spacious room”

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Layton
San Jose, California
“Spacious room”
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Spacious room. Flat screen tv. Clean. More than one elevator. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Riverton, Utah
Reviewed 31 May 2011

My wife and I stayed here for one night prior to running the Ogden Marathon on May 21, 2011. The hotel is not located in Ogden, but all of the rooms in Ogden were sold out, and this is only ten minutes down the freeway. We were not the only marathoners staying at this hotel on this night!

The hotel staff was very kind and extended a late check out to us, so we could leave our things in the room and retrieve them after the marathon. They allowed us until 1PM. However, we finished the race near noon, and by the time we cooled down and made our way back to the car, it looked like we were not going to make it back to the hotel by one. We called the hotel, and they cheerfully gave us one additional hour. Kudos to them!

The room was comfortable and it met our needs in all ways. We did not have breakfast in the morning because we had to leave at 4:20am, but I did buy some water from the 24 hour store in the lobby.

There are multiple options nearby for dining. We chose the Golden Corral so we could carb-load, but there is an Outback Steakhouse, Marie Callendars, Red Lobster, Jasons Deli and many, many other choices within a one mile radius. Just pinpoint this place on Google Maps, and then "Search Nearby" for restaurants. You won't have a tough time finding something you'll want!

There were only two negatives on this stay. First, the place was overrun with eleven-year-old girls who were competing in some dance competition at the nearby Lagoon Amusement Park. While I was sitting in the lobby in the evening, I heard the front desk staff field several complaint calls from marathoners who were trying to sleep before the early wake-up but who had been disturbed by kids loudly running up and down the halls. The kids also dominated the pool area. I can't say that this is the hotel's fault -- I blame the parents and chaperones who have not taught their kids good manners.

The other issue is the lack of a stairwell with access to the lobby in the north part of the building. The hotel has one (slow) elevator, which was constantly used by kids to ride one floor. My preference in stituations like this is to take the stairs. But, I had to walk all the way down to the other end of the hall to use the stairs because the north stairs offer no access to the lobby. This is bad design.

Overall, neither of the issues I mentioned were enough to make me not stay here again in the future. I would stay here myself, and I would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Avoid north end rooms or you cannot take the stais
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel S
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 12 March 2011

Arrived during a severe snowstorm...we couldn't see anything around the hotel. The government rate room had two nice-looking queen beds, a good desk, and a nice flat screen that swivels. The bathroom and closet were in dire need of updating to measure up to the rest of the room. The thick beige shower curtain kept any light from entering the shower. Something leaked water during every shower. When I got out of the the shower there was a seriously large pool of water; every time. The sink area was cramped but clean. Tiny tiny coffee maker. Mirrored bi-fold closet doors were tough to open.
The staff really made the difference. They took care of every tiny request with such grace. I don't know why the breakfast buffet wasn't included. Two weeks ago I staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Montana and it was included, at the exact same rate.
They did allow our group to use a small conference room for a pizza party celebrating Fat Tuesday.
The location is excellent. Cracker Barrel, Chili's, Jason's Deli, Super Target, Outback, Noodle Express were within walking distance, as was an award winning East Indian restaurant that we really enjoyed. We walked to two multi-plexes and a large Mall. Lowes is just north of the hotel.
I hope this helps you decide if this is the right hotel for your stay.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank inh0gheaven
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 January 2011

We came in for our daughters game VS Webber State and we decided to stay here. at first I wanted to stay in Ogden but once we saw it was just hop skip and a jump away I was happy we stayed here. Service was great and the location was perfect for my husband and I. Ever game and for play we will be staying here.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Meridian, MS
Reviewed 4 February 2010

It isn't brand-spanking new, but it's pretty clean and comfortable. I didn't really have any complaints, other than the snow plow in the parking lot across the street at 4am. There is a bookstore with coffeeshop directly across the street that is pretty handy. Located within a few blocks of the highway amongst shopping and restuarants. Pretty handy for a business traveler.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Houston, TX
Reviewed 28 August 2009

Nothing was wrong with this hotel, its simply a little older and needs updating. The carpet is a bit shop worn and the furniture is a bit older. The rooms are a bit small. I realize how picky it sounds, but there is a mini fridge and microwave in the room that absolutely doesn't match the decor. The staff is incredibly nice and will bend over backwards to be helpful. This hotel reminds me more of an older Hampton and less of a Courtyard. The pricing is a little high for what you get. I would probably choose to stay somewhere else in the area in the future, but I wouldn't be upset to stay here.

Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
all over
Reviewed 18 April 2009

I just return from a business trip with a group of us that meetings in Layton. The service was great! The staff helped us out with everything from directions, free copies, great restaurants recommendations, things to do in the area and the best breakfast in town. The rooms were clean, they have new flat screen tv's, fridges, microwaves in the room and free wireless. They even gave us cards to play with while we waited for our shuttle to arrive to take us to the airport! We had a great time!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business