“Good location”

Courtyard Salt Lake City Layton
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel has everything you would expect at a Marriott Courtyard location. Very friendly staff, the bistro has the usuals and the rooms are clean. The spa was a nice addition after working all day. The hotel does show some signs of wear but nothing that made the visit any less appealing.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Monica F, General Manager at Courtyard Salt Lake City Layton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

I appreciate you recognizing our staff and I will personally let them know they had a positive impact on your stay. You mentioned that your room showed signs of wear and I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced because of this. Our hotel is scheduled to have our rooms remodeled this summer and we are definitely looking forward to that. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Layton area.

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

This Courtyard is everything I come to expect from a Marriott business class hotel. Front desk had personality and the all amenities met expectation. Location is great and offers much in the immediate area. Only issue is minor - I could hear my upstairs neighbor. Beyond that no other issues. I recommend this Courtyard if you are in the area.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Monica F, General Manager at Courtyard Salt Lake City Layton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and sharing your thoughts with the Courtyard Salt Lake City Layton. I appreciate you recognizing our front desk staff and will personally let them know they positively affected your stay.
We truly appreciate your feedback and will definitely see how we can improve in all areas. We hope that we may be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel off and on for almost 2 years while working on assignment at Ogden AFB. The hotel is convenient to all necessary resources in Layton, just outside the Ogden Air Force base. There are many restaurant choices, a full Target, Barnes & Nobel, Cracker Barrel, Toys R Us...and a Massage Envy just around the corner. The hotel is located conveniently off the highway with an excellent view of the Wasach mountains on one side and the Great Salt Lake on the other, It is only a 30 min drive north of Salt Lake City.The hotel is clean and safe, may need some updating but that is not the most important factor for my business travel purposes. In house breakfast is standard, but sufficient and reasonable.

Room Tip: Better view on Wasach mountain side of hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and sharing your experience with the Courtyard Salt Lake City Layton. We are delighted that your stay with us was enjoyable.
Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate your thoughts and hope to continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. Thanks again.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The worst Marriott I have stayed in. Room furniture is well soiled, worn and smelly - right down to the carpet and drapes! The windows did not close - noisy room. I could not be absolutely sure, but the bed did not appear clean and fresh. I have my suspicions I may have shared a bed with someone else. Will never stay at this hotel again...Friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Monica F, Manager at Courtyard Salt Lake City Layton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback concerning your stay here with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Layton. I apologize for all the issues that you had encountered while staying here with us. We do take the utmost pride in ensuring that our guests leave our hotel completely satisfied. Therefore to see and hear that that wasn't the case is disappointing, thus why I'm responding to your review because we don't take these things lightly. I would like to discuss this with you further and offer a personal apology if you have time to contact me. Please call me at 801-217-2300. Please allow us another opportunity the next time you are in town to make it up to you. I will personally make sure that you have a different experience and leave completely satisfied.

Best Regards,
William Afeaki
Operations Manager
801-217-2300

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We had two rooms, a king room adjoining a double room. Both had very comfortable beds. They were both very clean. They offered Paul Mitchell products in their bathrooms, which was surprising. We needed a little more shampoo so I tracked down house keeping who was more than happy to share more with us. We were able to check in very early and even allowed to have a later check out (which we didn't end up needing). All in all, the stay was just fine. BUT the two queen bed room - STUNK!!! It smelled like horribly used kitty litter. Unfortunately, we had been at Lagoon all day and didn't actually go into that room until around 11pm. By then we were too exhausted and just wanted to sleep. The stinky room was for the kids and they could have cared less. They zonked out as soon as their heads hit the pillow. But I about gagged every time I went to check on them. The next morning I told the front desk clerk. He responded with "I'll tell someone." That was the only response we got. No apology. Nothing. No one ever checked the room while we were there. That was very disappointing. I will probably choose some where else next time, just because of the smell and the lack of any concern. Which is too bad, because the bed was actually one of the better hotel beds I've slept on.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Monica F, General Manager at Courtyard Salt Lake City Layton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback concerning your stay here with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Layton. I apologize for the issues that you had encountered while staying here with us. We do take the utmost pride in ensuring that our guests leave our hotel completely satisfied. Therefore to see and hear that that wasn't the case is disappointing. We don't take these things lightly. Pertaining to the bad smelling room and "lack of concern" from my front desk staff that you had mentioned, we have addressed those concerns with our whole staff. Please allow us another opportunity the next time you are in town to make it up to you. I will personally make sure that you have a different experience and leave completely satisfied.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is a very handy location just off the interstate for travelers. Has a Cracker Barrel adjacent to it if you like that for breakfast or other meals. The staff was very nice and tried hard to be helpful but unfortunately the room was tired and in need of an update. For example the curtains were worn and torn, and the room was dark and didn't feel clean. We stayed here on a trip flying into Salt Lake City and on to Idaho the next day. I am a frequent user of Marriott properties and this one is poor by their standards. My wife and were very disappointed with it and wished that we had chosen something different. We were there only one night and we moved on to our destination the next day. It was quiet and we were able to sleep but we would not stay there again nor recommend it to friends or family.

Room Tip: Appeared that all rooms are likely to be quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review on your stay with us. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay here at the Courtyard with us. Our goal is to have every guest leave feeling satisfied with their stay and wanting to come back. We have plans to renovate our rooms in the beginning of 2014. We would love for you and your family to come back to enjoy them after the renovations. I would like to discuss this further with you if you have time. Again thank you for the review and we hope to see you and your family again.

Stephanie Kirchhefer
Sales Coordinator
stephanier@wslm.biz
801-217-2300 ext 5009

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is my favorite hotel in the vicinity of Hill AFB where we do a good deal of work. It's clean, nice rooms, and great staff. Fitness room is good. Only downside is no free breakfast like they have at the Fairfield in the same parking lot. Very comfortable!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review on your stay at our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our Housekeeping and Maintenance staff do their very best to make sure your rooms are clean and comfortable during your stay with us. We are very lucky to be located in a great area of Layton. We are close to Hill Air Force Base, several restaurants, and shopping malls. As you know, we dont have a complimentary breakfast but we do have our Bistro that serves breakfast and dinner daily. Our Bistro has a varity of menu items to select from and is comparable in price to the local restaurants in the area. We hope to see you again in the near future. Again, thank you for your time and business.