Arrived during a severe snowstorm...we couldn't see anything around the hotel. The government rate room had two nice-looking queen beds, a good desk, and a nice flat screen that swivels. The bathroom and closet were in dire need of updating to measure up to the rest of the room. The thick beige shower curtain kept any light from entering the shower. Something leaked water during every shower. When I got out of the the shower there was a seriously large pool of water; every time. The sink area was cramped but clean. Tiny tiny coffee maker. Mirrored bi-fold closet doors were tough to open.
The staff really made the difference. They took care of every tiny request with such grace. I don't know why the breakfast buffet wasn't included. Two weeks ago I staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Montana and it was included, at the exact same rate.
They did allow our group to use a small conference room for a pizza party celebrating Fat Tuesday.
The location is excellent. Cracker Barrel, Chili's, Jason's Deli, Super Target, Outback, Noodle Express were within walking distance, as was an award winning East Indian restaurant that we really enjoyed. We walked to two multi-plexes and a large Mall. Lowes is just north of the hotel.
I hope this helps you decide if this is the right hotel for your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott Hotel surrounds travelers with the conveniences that makes business and pleasure travel easy. Come and see our new state-of-the-art lobby, the Bistro featuring Starbuck’s, new 24-Hour Fitness Center and recently renovated meeting rooms and Executive Boardroom. The new lobby includes flexible spaces to work or relax in, complimentary Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard. The highlight of our new lobby experience is the Bistro - Eat.Drink.Connect. This is where guests can enjoy healthy food and beverages for breakfast and dinner service with cocktails. Stay in shape in our new 24-Hour fitness center, indoor pool and spa or relax at our outdoor patio next to the fire pit. Host your next meeting or event in our meeting rooms featuring over 3000 square feet of space. Our hotel in Layton makes it easier to get things accomplished on your terms.The Courtyard by Marriott is close to Hill Air Force Base, Freeport Center, Lagoon, Antelope Island, Snowbasin and Powder Mountain Ski Resorts and the Davis Conference Center. Shopping, Movie Theaters and other dining establishments all within walking distance.Start planning your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Layton Hotel today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Courtyard Salt Lake City Layton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Salt Lake City Layton Hotel Layton
- Courtyard Layton
- Layton Marriott
- Layton Courtyard
- Courtyard Salt Lake City Layton Utah