Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Layton
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Inn(Layton)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$167
US$124
HIExpress.com
Fairfield Inn
Best Western Plus Layton Park Hotel(Layton)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$81
TripAdvisor
US$114
TripAdvisor
All reviewsconvention centerbreakfast buffetfavorite hotelfront desk staffexcellent hotelhill afbwithin walking distancea great place to stayconvenient locationcookiesrestaurants and shoppingbusiness triplots of restaurantssalt lake cityeasy accessparking lothgi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Front desk staff very helpful, friendly and courteous. When phoning to confirm late night arrival for ouir group, Chris just sorted it all out and a possible late cancellation was easily resolved later that night. Clean, comfortable, good value rates and fantastic breakfasts. Not sure when I'll travel over 7,000 miles again to visit, but recommended if you are a bit nearer!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HGILaytonManager, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you for your response! I am glad to hear the pre-arrival process was good and we were able to accomodate your requests! I agree we do have the best Front Desk staff and I will give a special thanks to Chris. Thanks again and we hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

The only thing lacking was the fitness room and pool. Way too small for family enjoyment. The rest of my stay was excellent. Wonderful location. Several restaurants within walking distance. Would stay there again for business travel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your response! We are in a great location and do have many restaurants very close to the hotel. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I came to a writer's conference hosted here and not only were the conference facilities excellent and spacious, but my room was very comfortable and clean. I really enjoyed having the mini fridge and, other than the toilet making a strange sound when it flushed, all in all I could enjoy peace and quiet. I'll definitely be returning should the conference be held there again next year.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your response! I'm so happy you enjoyed your Conference! Glad to hear your stay was comfortable and clean! We look forward to seeing you next year!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed two nights at the Hilton Garden Inn while attending a conference. I found the front desk staff very friendly and helpful. The location is good--close to restaurants, a large mall, etc., and easy to find from the freeway.

The adjacent conference center is beautiful--clean, large, new and tastefully furnished in warm yet subtle hues. My King room, while not large, had high ceilings and was spotlessly clean and attractive in similar warm tones. It had a large flat-screen TV with more channels than most hotels offer, and a console with mini fridge and small microwave that came in handy as I didn't have much time to grab food. The on-site restaurant was nice and reasonably priced, as well.

The pool wasn't large, but looked clean and had an inviting jacuzzi I didn't have time to use.
Exercise room: good size, two ellipticals, two treadmills, one recumbent bike, plus a weight machine, free weights, etc.

The mattress was firm, as another reviewer mentioned, but I found it very comfortable.

The location (approximately room 124-132) was close [but not too close] to the elevators, lobby, and gym, with an exit that led straight to theparking lot and conference center back entrance.

My only complaint: very thin walls. I could hear the microwave hum in the next room,doors shutting, hear every word said by someone in the hallway. People were polite and never intentionally loud, but I had to put a pillow over my head when I wanted to sleep before 11 p.m. or past 7 a.m. Maybe the high ceilings need to go in favor of better insulation?

I would stay here if the conference is in this location again, but first I'll invest in a good pair of ear plugs.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
HGILaytonManager, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for all of your feedback! You really gave a lot of great info that is very helpful! I am happy your conference went well and that our staff was wonderful! Thank you again for all of your kind words. We'll see you next time your in Layton!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The staff greeted me so warmly I felt like I was with an old friend.They were helpful, kind, fun and organized! Whenever I walked by the desk, I was greeted with a smile and a Hello. I had no problems at all during my stay. They all went out of their way to make sure everything I needed was there and ready for me.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your response! That is wonderful to hear! I'm glad our staff was warm and welcoming! We hope to make each and every guest feel right at home. Thanks again and we'll see you soon!